Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That place needs urgent cleaning out.

Taxpayer is being gamed big time.

We are being screwed by a coterie people who have bedded in and taken poor John Q Taxpayer to the cleaners .

Time to send in Rentokill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My cousin had the same experience. Following extensive work experience and interning she was lead to an interview by a RTE employee who informed her that the position had already been filled and she shouldn't get her hopes up.

I know of a lot of similar stories. Seems you start off in the post room then as jobs come up you get them. If you've no relatives already there you keep getting bumped back down the list to make way for sons, daughters. nephews and nieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I see RTE are trotting out the now annual, "lets make up some sort of show for brendan o connor because we fecked him over by hiring ray darcy"
    more endless tripe and "gossip" with some z lister, first up is majella o donnell, a woman who happens to be married to a singer auld ones love... and this is what dee forbes wants us to folk out for a licence for?

I have a feeling Cutting Edge might be getting the chop-it's not getting the same 'notice' from the usual individuals. So rather than announce it's cancellation, it's 'give him another show'...talking to nobodies. (This reminds me of Pat Kenny's show he used to have on UTV...before they cut ties).

One can hope-but I doubt it. I'd say we'll be suffering her 'Don't go therrrre' fakeness in another couple of months or so.

Apparently they never leave-I know someone who used to work there-lots of mouse traps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

We are being screwed by a coterie people who have bedded in and taken poor John Q Taxpayer to the cleaners .

David McSavage left a sh1te behind the fridge in the canteen, i'd love to shake that mans hand some day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

David McSavage left a sh1te behind the fridge in the canteen, i'd love to shake that mans hand some day
    MAke sure he washes his hands first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I know of a lot of similar stories. Seems you start off in the post room then as jobs come up you get them. If you've no relatives already there you keep getting bumped back down the list to make way for sons, daughters. nephews and nieces.

Yes indeed. We're paying for one big extended family to have jobs regardless of talent or entertainment generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

How did they differentiate it from the plots of Fair City?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Edgware wrote: »
    How did they differentiate it from the plots of Fair City?

There was actually some substance to the big logger he left behind the fridge.

.. and it was also nominated for 2 IFTA's

There was actually some substance to the big logger he left behind the fridge.

.. and it was also nominated for 2 IFTA's

Had a storyline that went on for 14 months, people desperately wondering if anyone would find the log, if it would escape from it's stockholm syndro...oh, no wait, that was that poor lass stuck in the container in Fair City.

The poop story was far more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The Savage Eye and the very odd few other things worth watching always end up being binned.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    The Savage Eye and the very odd few other things worth watching always end up being binned.

Tbf, McSavage only wanted two series of TSE. Blizzard of odd was the only real show I was sad to see go. That and the original The Movie Show-the one with Dave Fanning, not those two dopes Mairead and Eoghan. (It was cancelled before it even had one series).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I know for a fact at one point RTE were interviewing comedians around the place asking them if they'd any ideas for sketches. Basically RTE wanted to make a comedy show but had no ideas. Kind of in reverse if you ask me. Money to burn. There's numerous people would love that opportunity.

I know for a fact at one point RTE were interviewing comedians around the place asking them if they'd any ideas for sketches. Basically RTE wanted to make a comedy show but had no ideas. Kind of in reverse if you ask me. Money to burn. There's numerous people would love that opportunity.

RTe were trying everything at one point. Remember they gave Jason Byrne about 3 or four different shows? 'The Jason Byrne show' which was axed when RTE ran out of money (along with the Movie Show) and then The Byrne Ultimatum-which was a...not even a quiz show, just a waste.

There were so many 'comedy quiz shows' over the years, all the same crap, all the same lack of entertainment.

Didn't they have a couple of crappy "gotcha"type shows going recently?
    Maybe they're still on. Most of their "comedy" stuff gets aired late at night for some reason.

Didn't they have a couple of crappy "gotcha"type shows going recently?
    Maybe they're still on. Most of their "comedy" stuff gets aired late at night for some reason.

The Fear, Scorchio, Naked Camera from eons ago. They're cheap, so RTE make tons of em. Doesn't matter if they're as funny as personally falling in a bed of nettles, but RTE make em cos filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

https://www.independent.ie/business/media/tv3-objects-to-rte-plan-to-expand-its-television-services-37207105.html

As if RTE 2 wasn't bad enough the first time now you can watch it again an hour later.

They really do live on another planet don't they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

The Fear, Scorchio, Naked Camera from eons ago. They're cheap, so RTE make tons of em. Doesn't matter if they're as funny as personally falling in a bed of nettles, but RTE make em cos filler.

.... stark bollock naked and with paper cuts.

RTe were trying everything at one point. Remember they gave Jason Byrne about 3 or four different shows? 'The Jason Byrne show' which was axed when RTE ran out of money (along with the Movie Show) and then The Byrne Ultimatum-which was a...not even a quiz show, just a waste.

There were so many 'comedy quiz shows' over the years, all the same crap, all the same lack of entertainment.

jason byrne ffs, he is the definition of a one trick pony, his whole career is based off what his auld one used to do in the 80's

jason byrne ffs, he is the definition of a one trick pony, his whole career is based off what his auld one used to do in the 80's

Eminently punchable face on him too.

Hilarious how he and Louis Walsh were "finding talent" on Ireland's Got Talent. Sure neither of them would know as they have none!

Prepare your puke bucket before reading:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/relationships/hes-so-happy-and-i-want-him-to-be-happy-miriam-ocallaghan-on-making-her-long-distance-marriage-work/ar-BBLX3Uz?li=BBr5HCU&ocid=mailsignout#image=2

'Only you Miriam could have a husband working away all week and not have a problem with it'

• Advertisement

Prepare your puke bucket before reading:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/relationships/hes-so-happy-and-i-want-him-to-be-happy-miriam-ocallaghan-on-making-her-long-distance-marriage-work/ar-BBLX3Uz?li=BBr5HCU&ocid=mailsignout#image=2

'Only you Miriam could have a husband working away all week and not have a problem with it'

Ugh. I feel very queasy.

Big changes to be revealed tomorrow about the late late show. Can't wait.

https://www.her.ie/entertainment/lads-theres-going-exciting-changes-coming-late-late-year-419355

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

https://www.her.ie/entertainment/lads-theres-going-exciting-changes-coming-late-late-year-419355

Ryan is getting a new chair.

It only cost €10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Chewbacca wrote: »

It only cost €10,000

With all the stuff about Miriam in the news its got to be her, even tho she denies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Chewbacca wrote: »

It only cost €10,000
    And Ryan was willing to accept the new working conditions after a 20k pay rise.

Tubbers is going to sit on the right and place the guests to the left, this is a major shake up in RTE that nobody thought would happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Tubbers is going to sit on the right and place the guests to the left, this is a major shake up in RTE that nobody thought would happen

Brand new wardrobe and instruments for his best buddies band too no doubt.

Ahhhhh glorious money furnace!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"Exciting" changes?

"Exciting"

I have a feeling it won't be "Exciting" whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Eminently punchable face on him too.

Hilarious how he and Louis Walsh were "finding talent" on Ireland's Got Talent. Sure neither of them would know as they have none!

Ireland's Got Neck?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tubbers is bringing the Late Late on tour.

1st stop is Rockall

Advertisement