Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

topper75 wrote: »
    Ireland's Got Neck?

First guest will be ....................... Margaret Cash.
    (Warning: She may not leave the set).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Someone with a vagina is going to be shoehorned into a high paying role alongside tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Prepare your puke bucket before reading:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/lifestyle/relationships/hes-so-happy-and-i-want-him-to-be-happy-miriam-ocallaghan-on-making-her-long-distance-marriage-work/ar-BBLX3Uz?li=BBr5HCU&ocid=mailsignout#image=2

'Only you Miriam could have a husband working away all week and not have a problem with it'
    Even though Miriam has her knockers she is popular with a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Edgware wrote: »

A fine pair of knockers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Edgware wrote: »

But......why???
    She is the epitome of the D4 type that is derided around the country, and is a useless interviewer and presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

retalivity wrote: »
    But......why???
    She is the epitome of the D4 type that is derided around the country, and is a useless interviewer and presenter.
    But she's on the telly and is the Nations sweetheart. With all her kids she's a good rolemodel for Margaret Cash

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

RTE make her out to be some kind of national institution.
    She can do the misery stuff that RTE is so fond of with her concerned voice,otherwise useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

retalivity wrote: »
    But......why???

This all over. Her vs Pat Kenny during the the abortion referendum was cringe worthy. And on prime time she is pretty much next to useless with any debates.

Why the hell is she all over the news sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

RTE are stuck for talent so they make pretend they have some by talking them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

kneemos wrote: »
    RTE make her out to be some kind of national institution.
    She can do the misery stuff that RTE is so fond of with her concerned voice,otherwise useless.
    "How did you feel when your beautiful beautiful daughter died?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I heard the "Exciting" news is that everyone in the audience is getting their TV Licence for free for life.

Meanwhile, it's being raised to €200 a year for everyone else.

I'm so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Kivaro wrote: »
    First guest will be ....................... Margaret Cash.
    (Warning: She may not leave the set).

This would be funny if it wasn't blatantly true. Yeurgh.
    Someone with a vagina is going to be shoehorned into a high paying role alongside tubs.

Oh God-do you think it will be dual presenters-as in now Tubridy has a co-presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Tubbers is bringing the Late Late on tour.

1st stop is Rockall

Off on a junket to London, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I know I started this thread giving out about RTE

But I do like Miriam. She has 8 kids, she doesn't sound like a typical D4 person to me. I don't know any D4 type people that have that many kids

In contrast to the absolute drivel RTE subject us to, I will say that Reeling In The Years is a good show to watch, it's one of the better shows RTE do and strangely it has no presenters....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

grahambo wrote: »
    In contrast to the absolute drivel RTE subject us to, I will say that Reeling In The Years is a good show to watch, it's one of the better shows RTE do and strangely it has no presenters....

70's, 80's & 90's is excellent, 00's not so much, too much about Westlife & RTE 'celebrities'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does anyone actually know how much it costs to collect and admin the license fee ?  I mean the salaries of all involved in it's collection , admin of the licenses , advertising and any court related fees it may pay for certain cases ?
    I wonder if all these were canned would they save enough case to run independently ?

Off on a junket to London, it seems.

All expenses for himself and his crew. This is the big change they were on about.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0816/985506-late-late-show-to-broadcast-special-show-live-in-london/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'm so "Excited".

What a crock of sh!t

grahambo wrote: »
    I know I started this thread giving out about RTE

But I do like Miriam. She has 8 kids, she doesn't sound like a typical D4 person to me. I don't know any D4 type people that have that many kids

I suppose compared to that woman in the with the 7 kinds in the Garda station, she's a godsend...didn't go looking for handouts, and more than likely wanted her kids.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    This all over. Her vs Pat Kenny during the the abortion referendum was cringe worthy. And on prime time she is pretty much next to useless with any debates.

Why the hell is she all over the news sites

If you wanted cringe, you only had to look at Claire Byrne's abortion debate. Disaster would be the politest term you could use to describe her efforts.
    Embarassing would be another polite term you could use.
    I'd be banned from the internet for the words I would use to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ughh forgot about her or maybe I tried to obliterate it from my memory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jesus Christ it gets worse.

I'm suprised Tubs & Co. are only off to Londres. New York next methinks. Or L.A. - sure it's only a matter of time before NBC/CBS etc. poach him so they might as well double his fees now....I'm being sarcastic there btw.

Doireann Garrihy? Another effort to turn her into a star? I wish my uncle once worked in RTE.

Anna "I played GAA" Geary? As above.

Amy Huberman gets yet another vehicle to promote herself basically, as well as a writing credit (ching ching) for her comedy. If it's one thing RTE certainly know how to make (a balls of) it's comedy.

Vogue Williams? :rolleyes: I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Moved into our new house 6 months ago and only have Netflix, couldn't even be bothered now getting a simple aerial or saorview to get Irish stations if that's the rubbish they are spending money on. What is the advantage for them of sending Tubridy to London??? He's hardly going to pick up English viewers is he? Another pot of money pi**ed into the wind, sure why not eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Amy Huberman gets yet another vehicle to promote herself basically, as well as a writing credit (ching ching) for her comedy. If it's one thing RTE certainly know how to make (a balls of) it's comedy.

Everything Huberman touches in the comedy space turns out to be a flop. Cant Cope Wont Cope, Threesome, Chasing Leprechauns, all flops. Also she has being going to LA for pilot season for almost eight years now and still has not landed a role. The closest she came was when she did a pilot and the show got commissioned but the director dropped her and cast a different actress instead. Her acting career has not been a success but not to worry about that when you always have RTE ready with a blank chequebook to splash out on mediocrity :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Same old faces.

QUOTE=Muahahaha;107808918]Everything Huberman touches in the comedy space turns out to be a flop. Cant Cope Wont Cope, Threesome, Chasing Leprechauns, all flops. Also she has being going to LA for pilot season for almost eight years now and still has not landed a role. The closest she came was when she did a pilot and the show got commissioned but the director dropped her and cast a different actress instead. Her acting career has not been a success but not to worry about that when you always have RTE ready with a blank chequebook to splash out on mediocrity :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I suppose we should be grateful 'Nowhere Fast' went nowhere....fast.
    No season two commissioned.

Speaking of flops, what is with RTE trying to make Laura Whitmore a thing? She's in two or three shows, including Huberman's stuff. She's not an actress, she's got no personality. Who hires these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I know it's from the Irish Sun but Tubridy has apparently said yes to increasing the licence fee.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2993732/ryan-tubridy-tv-licence-fee-rte-new-season/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I know it's from the Irish Sun but Tubridy has apparently said yes to increasing the licence fee.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2993732/ryan-tubridy-tv-licence-fee-rte-new-season/

I love how they have it figured out how much they think they should be getting from it.

I wouldn't mind but all this talk of fees when splurging on a trip to the UK, a country who at the moment is looking to bend us over.

The reason they aren't going after the TV license at this time is simple, the government raise it or change it to have a charge on all computers ect and there will be uproar.

kneemos wrote: »

I'd be embarassed to offer this as a 'new' lineup-it's incredibly poor. Podge and Rodge's guests will just be 'was on Celeb Big Brother/ Love Island/ Strictly or Dancing with the Stars etc'.

Amy Huberman's show will get maybe two seasons, and done. And the rest...

How can you justify a license increase based on this drivel? Get lost, RTE, ya idjits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What a disgrace, sending tubbers to london? We all know what the expense accounts for everyone involved are going to look like for such a needless farce

Advertisement