Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

And the ad for that pile of muck has a Ferrari at the end you could buy for 10 grand
    You would think they could stretch to a more expensive model

A Ferrari for 10k !

Whatever about the show that must be a misprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

elperello wrote: »
    A Ferrari for 10k !

Whatever about the show that must be a misprint.

Think hes saying it's a replica

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Think hes saying it's a replica

I saw that ad this evening.

It's a 328 GTS value 50 to 100 k depending on age, spec and condition.

Just by the way the one in the opening sequence of the show is an F 40 worth anything between 500k and 1M.

edit - just saw the show there now I was wrong it's not a 328 it's a 308 converted to electricity the man says he's asking 500k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'm guessing those who think this stuff up are of an age,
    Sort of 80s Sunday World types,

Oh God... The Sunday World. I'm triggered.

My brother bought it at the weekend, and I asked if I could read it afterwards... out of boredom cos Covid's reduced me to reading the backs of food packets now.

60 percent of the darn thing was 'CRIME-CRIME, IT'S EVERWHERE!!! YOU'RE IN A GANG, WE KNOW YOU ARE!!!!'

Then does an article about Michaela McCollum and it's like 'Aw, the poor diddums... poor thing, smuggling in drugs... shur she didn't know what she was doing'.
    Features a photo of Criminal Barbie, with the bad dye job, and worse plastic surgery.

We all know that McCollum goblin revelled in her criminal role, and revelled in the attention. Pretty much said she was top dog in prison too.

Woeful reporting from that rag, but shouldn't have expected any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And that has to do with RTE...I'm confused...

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    And that has to do with RTE...I'm confused...

Nothing, just completely OT. The program will air on BBC, so it's not relevant.

Until RTE decide to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nothing, just completely OT. The program will air on BBC, so it's not relevant.

Until RTE decide to show it.

RTE will be all over it, I watched it in full on BBC3. If the 2 were caught in Dublin it would be decided to name a terminal at the airport after them because they were 'exploited'.

She will be LLS guest 1 for September me thinks, Tubs can ask her what her Oirish connections are.

RTE will be all over it, I watched it in full on BBC3. If the 2 were caught in Dublin it would be decided to name a terminal at the airport after them because they were 'exploited'.

She will be LLS guest 1 for September me thinks, Tubs can ask her what her Oirish connections are.

She tried a PR exercise a few years back, on RTe... it was quite the disaster. She got paid well, but there were no requests for appearances on the LLS or anything like that.

It's a serious mess, tho, when even Piers Morgan... THAT Piers Morgan, is calling her out on her bullcrap... and actually talking sense.
    Legitimately. And the tragedy is most of us would agree with him. Wasn't she trying to get on celebrity Big Brother and other stuff. Is this what she's trying to do again?

She deserves zero attention - drug runner plain and simple, she just got caught this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Weepsie wrote: »
    Because it's entirely irrelevant? They'd have said spectator no matter what as that's how to formally report it. Any thinking otherwise is people's own imagination of things being wrong

Unless it was a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I'd say she is worried; this news can only mean the BBC are building a warchest to try poach the amazing talent from RTE by offering huge signing bonuses/pay packets. I think there might be demands for higher wages for Duffy or Tubs coming out of her tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

7.8 M in profit because they didn't have those special events, nor did they spend enough on indpendent productions and they got 10m from the government extra for 2020. Plus TWSS and EWSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭garrettod

No doubt it'll be payrise for the chosen few, jucey new contractors for the glorious Top10 and a bonus for Dee, who has done such a good job in saving money....

Closely followed by the world's smallest violin playing, while Dee tells us all that RTE can't survive without a licence fee hike etc.

Thanks,

G.

So basically they lost millions again and this was when they did nothing for the whole year except take loads more money off the government for the advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A shockingly run organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Aonghus McAnally retired from RTE in June as producer for Liveline, today he is back working as producer for Liveline. Nice to see them letting in new blood in the organisation.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0619/1148520-aonghus-mcanally-retires-after-41-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats just not right, and sums up RTE perfectly.

I'm guessing he's a mate of the presenter, and he made his demands.

And they wonder why they can't manage money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

When i was little every Sunday my parents bought the Sunday Press and the Sunday World, back the ,late 70s,early 80s it was brilliant escapism, scantily clad women and total bunkum stories like Elvis faking his death and moving to Castlederg or sheep snagging in Bridgend, Paul Williams and his fairytales destroyed the innocent silliness

• Advertisement

I remember there was some American lawyer on the Late Late one time, saying he could get Saddam Hussein to walk free from prison on a 'technicality', and that he could have the cases against the likes of The Monk and The General kicked out of court.

He was making ludicrous claims... but Paul Williams was in the audience. I think Paul thought 'I'll get this guy'... but he fell flat on his face.

Soon as he tried to challenge this guy on his comments on The Monk, the lawyer shot back with 'Well, as you Paul, you've made quite a lot of money writing about him and other individuals'. Paul shut up for the rest of the interview.

Larry Bass, David Harvey now on the board, and also one of the founders of Web Summit, who is based in NY. And finally someone else who I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Watching "the way we were" I know its a repeat... Its about how we holidayed, like do they have to fill these programmes with the usual talking heads, Duffy, Ava, those "comedians", a whole canteen load, shur who gives a damn about their snarky comments, could they not make a programme using all the excellent old footage they have without this nonsense

Hadn't seen it the first time out, and remember thinking the ad for it made it look worth a watch. Could have easily been a great show if they'd done as you said and left out the talking heads or had a head on talking sense over it and not the likes of Joe et al.

Ryle Nugent making some points about RTÉ on twitter if ye are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Judge Penitent

Why have the results of the poll been doctored??? If you view the poll, the lowest support before the changeover was for "things are fine as they are", now that option has the most support! WTF is going on there?

Also, the option for cutting presenters wages has soared! It appears that the headings were swapped.

Very suspect, but I can't say I'm surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

^ Well spotted. It's a complete mess. Before Boards walked into the study with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver, 'leaving RTE as it is' had 70 votes by RTE staff random intelligent citizens around the country.

The most popular (reduce staff, salaries, services etc) was at about 38.85%

It needs to be changed asap as it now favours RTE massively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭garrettod

The entire Boards update seems to have been a disaster, from what I can see - hopefully they'll be able to sort out the poll results, as otherwise, it's best deleted.

-------------------

Getting back to RTE...

Dee Forbes has decided to extend her contract for an optional additional two years.

Apparently its because she wants to see a cost cutting plan implemented (and not because they reported a surplus, so there's lots of money to pay her rediculously high remuneration package for another couple of years 😞).

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/forbes-to-stay-asrte-bossuntil-2023-40684789.html

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement