Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldenbridge

Options
  • 04-05-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anybody have any views on the Goldenbridge area? Looking at buying a house there and wondering what the area is like. How safe it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Its absolutely fine. Traffic can be a bit tricky at rush hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Fine?

It's quite a rough area!
    You wouldn't want to raise kids there and the house prices are ridiculous for the actual size and quality of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Its been gentrifying quite a bit around that area in more recent times.  I would have regarded it as an area on the up and will likely to continue to do so.  Its much improved than when I first came to Inchicore in any case. 

The luas and buses are all convenient also.  The city centre is about a 45 minute walk or less.  Bike is even quicker.

I've often walked the canal around there and its just people out walking dogs or feeding the ducks/swans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It's an area that has a serious amount of potential, especially if the St. Pats plan gets the green light. There's an element of roughness but hopefully that's fading as they get priced out of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I work there. Its a kip. I wouldnt leave my car there overnight and its a company car.
    Windows on the oblate building are always getting trashed.
    Theres always problems here with gangs of ferel kids and guys walking around trying every door handle on the parked cars in broad daylight.
    Cars here get broken into in daylight and we regularly have police in to look at our CCTV footage as we have cameras covering all around our building.
    Traffic can be an absolute nightmare, especially at rush hour where tyrconnell road is filled end to end. its ok if you are going against the flow of traffic but as a commute route its nasty.

There are some pluses, Its got plenty of bus links and the luas is nearby. There are a few decent places to eat and the tecsco extra and eurospar are open quite late.

But its still a kip and the prices in comparison to other areas of dublin reflect that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I work there. Its a kip. I wouldnt leave my car there overnight and its a company car.
    Windows on the oblate building are always getting trashed.
    Theres always problems here with gangs of ferel kids and guys walking around trying every door handle on the parked cars in broad daylight.
    Cars here get broken into in daylight and we regularly have police in to look at our CCTV footage as we have cameras covering all around our building.
    Traffic can be an absolute nightmare, especially at rush hour where tyrconnell road is filled end to end. its ok if you are going against the flow of traffic but as a commute route its nasty.

There are some pluses, Its got plenty of bus links and the luas is nearby. There are a few decent places to eat and the tecsco extra and eurospar are open quite late.

But its still a kip and the prices in comparison to other areas of dublin reflect that.
    I can't say that was my experience and I lived in Inchicore for 14 years.  Occasional rough bits that seemed to calm down over the years.  I never had that much bother.  Kids stealing the license plate once on the car is about it.  
    The 40 bus going out through Ballyfermot and Clondalkin was about the roughest spot I'd  say.  Plenty of opportunities to learn about parole strategies and criminal sentencing on that.
    And it was really handy for getting into and out of city centre.
    It will generally improve if they don't load more social housing into the area I'd imagine.

Advertisement