Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credit Adjustments for Personal Pension Plans

• 04-05-2018 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently stared up a private pension plan. Unlike a PRSA, payments to the plan are not taken out of my wages before they are taxed - I pay the full amount via direct debit & Revenue then adjust my tax credits to reimburse me for the payments.

However... when i sent my details to Revenue, after a bit of digging around I was informed (via an automated voice at the end of an 1890 number) that while my details were received they would not be looked at for another 5-6 weeks.

My question is: Does anybody know if i will receive tax credits for my pension payments in the intervening period?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Yes - what should happen is that Revenue will calculate your additional tax credit for the remaining months of 2018 and apportion it out from the date they actually issue the revised certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Yes - what should happen is that Revenue will calculate your additional tax credit for the remaining months of 2018 and apportion it out from the date they actually issue the revised certificate.

Thanks for the heads up Liam.

Advertisement