Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playgroups in town

• 04-05-2018 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there,

I've just moved to Portobello , Dublin 8 with my 2 year old and I'm finding it hard to locate any playgroups. We've gone from a huge garden to nothing at all so I really need to get him out every day!

Does anyone know any playgroups or toddler activities around that area?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi there,

I've just moved to Portobello , Dublin 8 with my 2 year old and I'm finding it hard to locate any playgroups. We've gone from a huge garden to nothing at all so I really need to get him out every day!

Does anyone know any playgroups or toddler activities around that area?

Thanks so much

check out nearby libraries....also panda play cafe in dublin 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"in town", care to change your thread title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

St Kevins church in portobello run one on Monday and Thursday mornings. You have to get there early though as it is popular.

There’s also a playgroup on Adelaide road on Tuesday mornings. I think it’s in the Methodist church there.

If you walk into rathmines, there’s baby and toddler swim classes and claphandies in the Swan centre. They also do a story time in rathmines library on a Monday but it’s quite quiet.

You could also tap into la leche league and cuidiu if you’re still breastfeeding. They run regular coffee mornings between them. Cuidiu have events on every day in some form of another, but you usually need to have a car to get to most of them. I keep a lookout for anything coming up in my area and head to those ones. We have stopped BFing now but nobody minds. I have another on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Thanks very much, loads of info there really appreciate it.

Advertisement