Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 1 Jerusalem - Jerusalem ITT 9.7 K

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Nico 1'12" behind Ronan Dennis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nico 1'12" behind Ronan Dennis

TTs are not his thing but that seemed bad even by his standards

Hard to know if it's form or the fall there with Froome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

godtabh wrote: »
    TTs are not his thing but that seemed bad even by his standards

Hasnt raced for over 6 weeks and has only been climbing and losing weight

Not great but think his condition is better than that and he wil improve as Giro goes on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Hasnt raced for over 6 weeks and has only been climbing and losing weight

Not great but think his condition is better than that and he wil improve as Giro goes on

He'll improve as the weather warms up. His SB article suggested that the cold affects his muscles and thats why he cant preform in it. Note sure if 5 weeks in Wicklow would cure that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Hard to know if it's form or the fall there with Froome.

I'm not a multi Grand Tour winning cyclist, but I didn't like the look of the line Froome took into that corner on the recon run.

He lost a lot of time in the TT. If his allergies and associated complaints don't kick in soon he could be in trouble already.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

didnt see alot of the race today but the helicopters got some great shots of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

check_six wrote: »
    I'm not a multi Grand Tour winning cyclist, but I didn't like the look of the line Froome took into that corner on the recon run.

He lost a lot of time in the TT. If his allergies and associated complaints don't kick in soon he could be in trouble already.

It was hard to see unless you zoomed in on the video but the front wheel slipped when he rolled over a manhole cover. It would have been hard to avoid as he would have saw it late coming round the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    It was hard to see unless you zoomed in on the video but the front wheel slipped when he rolled over a manhole cover. It would have been hard to avoid as he would have saw it late coming round the bend.

I thought nk he was going down before he hit the manhole cover.....it looks more like he took a bad line through the corner and skidded on the paint from the pedestrian crossing....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bugsy2000 wrote: »

Yeah I thought he slipped on paint watched it about 10 times to try figure out where he went. Manhole cover would make more sense as had looked like he had cleared the paint by the time the front wheel went.

• Advertisement
Advertisement