Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Deal Transition

Options
  • 04-05-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, this is my first time to post on this site so hope I am doing it right!
    My mum who has Alzheimers went into a Nursing Home for 2 weeks physio as her mobility was a big issues back in November. Unfortunately she rapidly went downhill and developed pneumonia. Her level of needs changed and my father is unable to care for her at home anymore. We were accepted for the Fair Deal scheme in March but since then the HSE have started to charge my dad 660 a week for her care until a place comes up in our local Nursing Home. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this as another friend in a similiar situation said they had nothing to pay while her mum was in transition. I rang the local Health Centre and they said we have to pay it, where as here in the region where I live there seems to be no charge as she entered the Nursing Home with the intention of returning home. It is difficult to find legal information on this. My poor dad is devastated about mum and these bills are not helping his mental health. He is 85 and has always been a responsible citizen wanting to abide by the rules etc. If anyone has any information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

Advertisement