Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran disruption - from Friday 11th till Sunday night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There is a forecast of rain for both evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

In fairness, I worked a couple of the early gigs in the stadium (Dylan and Adams) and people leaving was a very minor problem. Most left the area as soon as the band finished. The bars had closed early so there was no reason to hang around.
    After the Brian Adams concert I actually made it into the Village for a sneaky pint by about half twelve and the only people I met were a few harmless couples in Salthill Park and a few rowdy lads opposite The Prom.
    I know the demographic is different this time but I presume the security measures are in place for that.
    Aiken isn't going to put his reputation/future profits at risk by messing this one up.

I'd think the demographic will be mums and kids, teen girls, and older mild mannered Ed fans. I can't see them being too much of a problem either

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭smurfette2212

For fear of asking a mad question, has anyone received their permit yet? We live in the cordoned bit, and I’m not sure if this was something I needed to go and get. I think I thought not, but seemingly was wrong (possibly totally my own fault!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

For fear of asking a mad question, has anyone received their permit yet? We live in the cordoned bit, and I’m not sure if this was something I needed to go and get. I think I thought not, but seemingly was wrong (possibly totally my own fault!)

All the people I know who live within the cordon have their permits. I was told that GAA representatives called round and handed them out. Maybe you missed them?

How well will those of us in the general area hear it for free in our backgardens? That's what's concerning me.

• Advertisement

All the people I know who live within the cordon have their permits. I was told that GAA representatives called round and handed them out. Maybe you missed them?

Oh dear, we must have. I’ll try getting in touch with someone today! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This rain is going to play havoc for the weekend too. More people will want to get taxis to Salthill rather than walk/bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Oh dear, we must have. I’ll try getting in touch with someone today! Thanks!

The cordon has been reissued and is now only covering the side roads around the stadium, not the main roads. so Threadneedle Rd, The Prom, Taylors Hill etc are all open with no permits required.

There was alot of unnecessary confusion from the first draft of road closures that was inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Will concert goers be able to drive to Pearse Stadium to get to the concert, to get dropped off by car?

I know there's buses running from Eyre Sq to the Atlantaquaria, but for people who say can't walk the 15/20 minutes it takes from Atlantaquaria to Pearse Stadium, is it possible for them to be dropped off by car at Pearse Stadium itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Morby wrote: »
    Will concert goers be able to drive to Pearse Stadium to get to the concert, to get dropped off by car?

I know there's buses running from Eyre Sq to the Atlantaquaria, but for people who say can't walk the 15/20 minutes it takes from Atlantaquaria to Pearse Stadium, is it possible for them to be dropped off by car at Pearse Stadium itself?

Im sure there are arrangements available for disabled people if you have a disabled access ticket perhaps but for somebody with a regular ticket they cannot be dropped off at the stadium. Closest would be threadneedle rd or Leisureland so at least 5 min walk

I think there was a number to be phoned for disabled access tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Morby wrote: »

If you're asking about disabled peiple - there are a couple of phone numbers in this post from the Village which may help.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1661791167189369&id=187044041330763

Otherwise I reckon the 402 bus will get you closer than the 401. Just sayin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Otherwise I reckon the 402 bus will get you closer than the 401. Just sayin.

That's a good option, people could get off the 402 at the stop just after the traffic lights at the junction of Rosary Lane (Scoil Róis), walk down Rosary Lane and Devon Gardens, then turn right onto Dr Mannix Road. Walking time maybe 10 minutes.

In regards to the 401, rather than continue on to the Aquarium I would recommend getting off the bus at the junction of Lower Salthill and Devon Gardens. The walking route from there to Pearse Stadium looks shorter and less hilly to me.

Map attached with suggested walking routes from the 401 and 402 bus stops to Pearse Stadium.

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    The cordon has been reissued and is now only covering the side roads around the stadium, not the main roads. so Threadneedle Rd, The Prom, Taylors Hill etc are all open with no permits required.

There was alot of unnecessary confusion from the first draft of road closures that was inaccurate.

Brilliant - that explains it all 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

FitzShane wrote: »
    This rain is going to play havoc for the weekend too. More people will want to get taxis to Salthill rather than walk/bus.

The forecast has changed. No rain this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Any recommendations on where to park when coming in the M18? Iv seen the garda info and not sure if its best to park up in the city and bus it or will it be hard to get out then after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

fed_u wrote: »
    Any recommendations on where to park when coming in the M18? Iv seen the garda info and not sure if its best to park up in the city and bus it or will it be hard to get out then after.

I suppose you could park near the Crane Bar or in the Sea Road area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This afternoons sound check is much quieter than this mornings. I hope they plan to crank the volume up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

This afternoons sound check is much quieter than this mornings. I hope they plan to crank the volume up later.

It’s good and loud now to the extent it’s drowning out the music we’re playing in the house. Sounds fantastic, I think the concert goers will have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

What was traffic like going into the concert last night? Headford road and Quincentenial bridge? I am planning on driving in and parking somewhere around O hUiggins in Shantalla.

Just wondering how long it might take to some GAA matches in the stadium and this could take over an hour. Just wondering I should expect something similar for concert tonight. TIA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some of the fencing near the hilltop, corner shop on Dalysfort Road going into Ar na Mara was kicked over last night before the actual gig had finished, recycle bins kicked over, no security, volunteers nor Gardai in sight and gangs of Buckfast guzzling teens climbing up onto the roof of the school and walls behind the school. I thought security was supposed 24/7 till 1 pm on Monday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Some of the fencing near the hilltop, corner shop on Dalysfort Road going into Ar na Mara was kicked over last night before the actual gig had finished, recycle bins kicked over, no security, volunteers nor Gardai in sight and gangs of Buckfast guzzling teens climbing up onto the roof of the school and walls behind the school. I thought security was supposed 24/7 till 1 pm on Monday.

If that was before it was finished was that not people who weren't attending hanging around causing trouble? I can't see the security for the concert going into private property like school grounds to prevent trouble not caused by attendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I hear there is a video of some individuals mounting the roof of a house at the side of the stadium on Sun pm as well. Anyone seen it?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thought the event was really well organised and as an attendee it went without trouble or hassle for me. No queues for anything (except for a small one for toilets which was to be expected but what can you do there!).

Well layed out and directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

FitzShane wrote: »
    Thought the event was really well organised and as an attendee it went without trouble or hassle for me. No queues for anything (except for a small one for toilets which was to be expected but what can you do there!).

Well layed out and directed.

Absolutely agree. Really well organised and marshalled throughout. Really enjoyable concert going experience. Cannot speak for the local residents thoughts, but I thought it went smoothly from start to finish.

The same cannot be said for the buses returning to Eqre Square after the gig. Unmitigated disaster from start to finish. No attempt to organise anything until it was already chaotic. Gardai and stewards( Bus Eireann staff??) not cooperating until the gardai took over the organising of it.

Advertisement