Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor not provisioning

Options
  • 04-05-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in Portugal with my mother in law who is a Meteor (now Eir?) customer and isn't able to connect to any local networks on her (crap Alba) Android phone.

I'm an android user and handy enough with settings etc so I've been through the usual network options, making sure roaming is permitted etc but no matter what I do she can't make or receive calls or sms messages, access data etc and it's a real problem for her as she's quite old so being able to contact people gives her a lot of comfort.

I checked her APN settings and they refer to Meteor rather than Eir so I'm thinking seeing up a new APN might be a good idea but I've no clue what the Eir APN settings should be. Can someone confirm or link me to them please?

I also saw an error message in the mobile plan option which said something like Meteor provisioning not available or not set up.

Would really appreciate some help so the mother in law calms down and I very some brownie points for being her knight in shining armour!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in Portugal with my mother in law who is a Meteor (now Eir?) customer and isn't able to connect to any local networks on her (crap Alba) Android phone.

I'm an android user and handy enough with settings etc so I've been through the usual network options, making sure roaming is permitted etc but no matter what I do she can't make or receive calls or sms messages, access data etc and it's a real problem for her as she's quite old so being able to contact people gives her a lot of comfort.

I checked her APN settings and they refer to Meteor rather than Eir so I'm thinking seeing up a new APN might be a good idea but I've no clue what the Eir APN settings should be. Can someone confirm or link me to them please?

I also saw an error message in the mobile plan option which said something like Meteor provisioning not available or not set up.

Would really appreciate some help so the mother in law calms down and I very some brownie points for being her knight in shining armour!!
    Hi BenEadir ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

In order to have this resolved, I would reccomend contacting our customer support team on [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][url=tel:+35314307085]+353 1 430 7085[/url].[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thanks[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Thomas[/font]

Advertisement