Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12V charger charging 24V Battery

Options
  • 04-05-2018 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

I have posted the below quote in Home Appliances but an posting here because of all the knowledge available re all forms of charging systems.
    As stated below the charger is stamped 12V (no load voltage measured at 12.1V) but the cleaner is stamped on a number of places as being 24V!. How is this done?, it is a pulse charging system. I "fixed" it by just cleaning up the connecting pins in the handle and it is now pulsing away while on charge.

"Friend of mine has one of the above, a Hoover UNP24ABS 001, the charger is a Amigo Model AMS3-1201500FB T, input:100/240V AC....output 12V/1.5A. The charger doesnt appear to be charging. He is only getting a multimeter reading of 12.1V when he checks it, (plugged in to the mains but not plugged in to the Hoover). He should have expected, one would think, approx 18 to 20v as most of these miniature chargers have unregulated output but the voltage will drop rapidly when on load to give the desired output. He would/will buy a new charger but would like to know if anyone out there has ever checked the output of this type of charger or has any opinions?. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement