Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should an Employment Contract look like?

Options
  • 04-05-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

So I have recently commenced part time employment at a hotel I had previously worked at in a different position last year and have been given an employee start up sheet which I have attached below.

Is this a valid contract of employment for a part time worker or not?

The last time I started working at this hotel I was given the same start up sheet but I ended up having problems with the duties and hours I was assigned to so I am trying to protect myself from the same thing happening again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Danleo171 wrote: »
    So I have recently commenced part time employment at a hotel I had previously worked at in a different position last year and have been given an employee start up sheet which I have attached below.

Is this a valid contract of employment for a part time worker or not?

The last time I started working at this hotel I was given the same start up sheet but I ended up having problems with the duties and hours I was assigned to so I am trying to protect myself from the same thing happening again.

That's what it says on the tin. It's not an employment contract with terms and conditions, expectations, and rewards (i.e. pay).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Danleo171

I see, and would I be entitled to have a contract that lays out the terms and conditions of my work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Danleo171 wrote: »
    I see, and would I be entitled to have a contract that lays out the terms and conditions of my work?

Absolutely... 'The Terms of Employment (Information) act, 1994 sets out the basic terms of employment which the employer must provide to the employee in a written form within 2 months of starting the employment.'

Advertisement