Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonus being cut

Options
  • 04-05-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My company has told us that they are cutting bonuses for next year. It was never written down, but there was always an understanding that bonuses reflected the overtime work we put in throughout the year.

My contract states that I will participate in any discretionary bonus scheme applicable (discretionary being the get out jail card for them) but it doesn't state that I will be required to work outside my normal hours of 9-5. Due to the nature of the work, I have to regularly work outside of normal hours so my question is, should I be getting paid for this, or at least time in lieu in addition to my salary?

Advertisement