Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money transfer

Options
  • 04-05-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi i need to transfer money from my account to an english bank account on the same day to purchase a car from a private vendor. how can this be done as the payment will have to be immediate for the vendor to allow me to take possesion of the car

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jagrace wrote: »
    hi i need to transfer money from my account to an english bank account on the same day to purchase a car from a private vendor. how can this be done as the payment will have to be immediate for the vendor to allow me to take possesion of the car

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to contact the Vendor to see if they can take a card payment as this type of payment would show on there systems straight away.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jagrace

i did say this he said he would be charged a percentage for recieving the payment that way and wants the payment transfrred to his bank account as payment if i buy the car. i need to know how this can be done so that the transaction completes straight away as i want to take the car away with me ?

i did say this he said he would be charged a percentage for recieving the payment that way and wants the payment transfrred to his bank account as payment if i buy the car. i need to know how this can be done so that the transaction completes straight away as i want to take the car away with me ?

The Card transaction would be the only way a transaction would go through straight away. If you did a Same Day Money transfer you would need to be in a branch and it would take up to 24 hours to be completed. In relation to doing an electronic transfer through 365 online this would take around 3 working days to be fully completed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

if i set him up today as a payee on an account through 365 and send him money. will he be a varifief person on my accounts then that the next time i transfer money it will go through quicker? he wont take a debit card payment because he gets charged for it there must be some way to instantly transfer money online on banking 365?

if i set him up today as a payee on an account through 365 and send him money. will he be a varifief person on my accounts then that the next time i transfer money it will go through quicker? he wont take a debit card payment because he gets charged for it there must be some way to instantly transfer money online on banking 365?

A transfer at any time to a payee with a UK account done through 365 online would take at least 3 working days to show and be available within the retailers account. The only other option would be to have a draft made out to them that you can give to them but this would need to be lodged to their account and would need to go through a clearance process that would take a few days.
    ^Darren.

• Advertisement

A transfer at any time to a payee with a UK account done through 365 online would take at least 3 working days to show and be available within the retailers account. The only other option would be to have a draft made out to them that you can give to them but this would need to be lodged to their account and would need to go through a clearance process that would take a few days.
    ^Darren.

does it still take a few days to clear if the transfer is to an account you have slready set up and sent money to on a number of previous occasions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi jagrace,

Thanks for your reply.

The transfer would still take up to 3 working days to reach the payee even if you have sent them money before or they have been set up on the account before.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

OP. Irish banks don't do instant money transfers, especially when it comes to transfers to foreign countries. (They are way backward in that regards to banks in other countries).

Try some third party money exchange provider like currency fair or TransferWise.
    You just transfer money from your Irish bank account to them beforehand, they do currency conversion at much better rate than the bank, and then they transfer your money (already in GBP) to the vendor UK bank account on the spot (you can do it online).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why don't you just cover their charge and it's job done?

Advertisement