Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Warranty Apple iPhone 7s fault

Options
  • 04-05-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone,

So I've had my iPhone 7 Plus for just over 1 and a half years now (so its out of warranty) The other day it powered off out of no where & I went through the full Apple reboot process & no joy.

I took it to an Apple certified store to get it checked over, and the report came back saying it was a fault with the device.

The report came back as follows:
    "A No power On status. The device is currently taken (0.1-0.3 A) which is insufficient to power the unit." Our device passes micro-inspection and Visual mechanical inspection. It is free on any physical damage or fault"

The phone has been vey well looked after & there is not a scratch on it. The Apple retailer wants 410 euro to fix the phone. They also suggest that I make a case with Apple about this as the fault is a manufacturing one.

I feel it is very unfair that I have paid almost 1,000 Euro for the phone just over a year and a half ago & now I have to pay 410 to fix a hardware fault inside the device which is not my fault at all.

I am wondering has anyone had this problem with an out of warranty iPhone before & how they went about this with creating a case with @Apple?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 LoveMySamoyed

whiterebel wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

Bought it in three store

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bought it in three store

Your contract is with Three. You need to read up the Sale of Goods Act 1980.
    Bring it into the Three shop and ask them to fix it. When they refuse, tell them, in writing, that you require them to fix it, and give them 10 days to respond, or you will have to bring a case to the Small Claims court.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Your contract is with Three. You need to read up the Sale of Goods Act 1980.
    Bring it into the Three shop and ask them to fix it. When they refuse, tell them, in writing, that you require them to fix it, and give them 10 days to respond, or you will have to bring a case to the Small Claims court.

Thanks for that. The issue is that I cannot find my receipt (silly me, I know) and realistically it's a manufacturing fault with Apple so I thought I would have to go through Apple directly myself to get any joy

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Could you not use your credit card statement to prove to 3 that that was when you bought the phone? Their records would show serial number etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks for that. The issue is that I cannot find my receipt (silly me, I know) and realistically it's a manufacturing fault with Apple so I thought I would have to go through Apple directly myself to get any joy

3 will have a record of the sale when you give them your IMEI you don't need a receipt. Drop it into a store or call 1913 and they'll organise it.

Who is the official repair place you took it to as if there not official you've just blown your warranty.

3 will have a record of the sale when you give them your IMEI you don't need a receipt. Drop it into a store or call 1913 and they'll organise it.

Who is the official repair place you took it to as if there not official you've just blown your warranty.

Thanks for that info, very helpful. It was with CompuB, certified with Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Warranty = waffle.

Your consumer rights will easily encompass a €1000 smartphone lasting more than 18mo.

Expect to fight three.
    Expect them to send it to their useless repair centre three times before replacing it
    Expect a headache.

ED E wrote: »
    Warranty = waffle.

Your consumer rights will easily encompass a €1000 smartphone lasting more than 18mo.

Expect to fight three.
    Expect them to send it to their useless repair centre three times before replacing it
    Expect a headache.

I definitely wont give up easily on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Like the guys said. Consumer law will protect you here.

You must say in clear terms you are claiming under Irish Consumer law. They must respond.

Three are famous for being slow and dragging their feet but just stick with it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement