Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That Davies goal was huge for me as the lad in second had Cedric, McCarthy and Bednarek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

That Davies goal was huge for me as the lad in second had Cedric, McCarthy and Bednarek.

Unlucky but in fairness there's no excuse for having triple Saints defense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cedric misses out on bonus

32(-8)
    Captain kane

Tomorrow will tell the tale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

km79 wrote: »
    32(-8)
    Captain kane

Tomorrow will tell the tale

33 (-12). Captained Kane. PVA the star of the show. Everyone else not so much.

• Advertisement

remoteboy wrote: »
    33 (-12). Captained Kane. PVA the star of the show. Everyone else not so much.

Are we playing each other in league 1?

Are we playing each other in league 1?

I think we are. Didn’t spot that. You have more to play for than I do. No way I can reach the promotion spots and safe from relegation.

remoteboy wrote: »
    I think we are. Didn’t spot that. You have more to play for than I do. No way I can reach the promotion spots and safe from relegation.

Give a few lads a rest so :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

West Brom f***ed up dgw 34 for me so it's only fitting they f*** up my rival's TC Kane this dgw. He's also got 23 points on his bench from sgw players.

I'd never have thought at the start if the season that everything would rest on Raheem Sterling. I'm off to a cave tomorrow afternoon.

That late Everton goal may well keep Huddersfield up
    I csnt see them getting another point

• Advertisement

Give a few lads a rest so :p

If I’d known I would have taken a dive.

Again I ask

And now that I'm on the right side of one I can say it without bitterness
    The assist rule is a joke

Zaha may have intended to pass to PVA but it was a horrible attempt at it and would not have reached him without shawcross
    Who knows maybe he was looking for benteke

The whole intended destination thing is stupid

Easiest way is porbsly just to go with last attacking player to play the ball towards the scored altogether
    Not ideal but less ambiguity

Mawson has done absolutely everything to score an own goal the last 3 weeks
    Lucky the shot was judged on target today

I paid the premium for goal threat but at the other end

Also
    Jordan Ayew
    What were we thinking !

Harry Kane’s effort for the own goal was better than the one for the sitter he missed first half
    Chronic!!!!

Mawson has done absolutely everything to score an own goal the last 3 weeks
    Lucky the shot was judged on target today

I paid the premium for goal threat but at the other end

Also
    Jordan Ayew
    What were we thinking !

Vardy to Ayew was a no brainer.

Shed load of extra cash, Leicester are awful and at least Swansea are trying.

Vardy to Ayew was a no brainer.

Shed load of extra cash, Leicester are awful and at least Swansea are trying.

I had wood who was yellow flagged and used the extra cash
    But if I could do it all again I'd take his 2 games over Ayews 3 and the 4 points

I know he was suspended for 3 of them but Swansea have scored 2 goals in 8 games
    TWO GOALS

I knew it was bad but not that bad !

Moss is a god awful ref

What was Bertrand at though !!!! Boot it out of play or let it go dead but don't keep it in

After some disturbingly in depth Google image searching I can confirm Arnautovic had an ice pack on his knee whne on the bench suggesting a knock rather than a muscle injury

How do I know this ?
    A player was pictured behind Moyes towards end of game. But only his arms and legs were visible with an ice pack on knee
    But there were a lot of arm tattoos.............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

km79 wrote:
    Moss is a god awful ref

Every single premier league ref is sub standard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Every single premier league ref is sub standard...
    I don't think people realise (or at least consider in their analysis) that most of the bad stuff we see is down to how they're trained to ref and what the FA looks for in a referee.

They seem to love the ones who give as few big decisions as possible, which actually limit the FPL points available for penalty takers in the game. IMO penalty takers become much more of a commodity in this game if VAR comes in.

Think on a given week how many penalties you see get given that shouldn't have been penalties, and then compare that to the number that should have been penalties but weren't given. For me, the latter number is significantly higher, and it is down to how referees are basically conditioned to approach games.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think people realise (or at least consider in their analysis) that most of the bad stuff we see is down to how they're trained to ref and what the FA looks for in a referee.

They seem to love the ones who give as few big decisions as possible, which actually limit the FPL points available for penalty takers in the game. IMO penalty takers become much more of a commodity in this game if VAR comes in.

Think on a given week how many penalties you see get given that shouldn't have been penalties, and then compare that to the number that should have been penalties but weren't given. For me, the latter number is significantly higher, and it is down to how referees are basically conditioned to approach games.

Moss is overweight , unfit and can’t keep up with play
    That leads to him being in poor positions and basically guessing for a lot of big calls
    He is a terrible ref and I’ve no idea how he is still a premier league ref

Moss is overweight , unfit and can’t keep up with play
    That leads to him being in poor positions and basically guessing for a lot of big calls
    He is a terrible ref and I’ve no idea how he is still a premier league ref
    Note that my post wasn't in reference to Moss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just checked the scores after being out all day.

McArthur and Daniels on bench boost but man, those injury time goes conceded by Spurs and Southampton cost me another 20 odd points :(

7 points from 7 (19 but took -12).

Not too disappointed except for the -4 for Bavies and being outside the 100k mark I could have gambled starting Ryan and Dunk rather than benching them.

It’s all about Jesus (tc) now for me and my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

After some disturbingly in depth Google image searching I can confirm Arnautovic had an ice pack on his knee whne on the bench suggesting a knock rather than a muscle injury

How do I know this ?
    A player was pictured behind Moyes towards end of game. But only his arms and legs were visible with an ice pack on knee
    But there were a lot of arm tattoos.............

This update from a West Ham fan also seems to suggest it was nothing serious.

https://twitter.com/ZamanWHU/status/992790607012745217

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good thing that the west ham game isn't on till Thursday.

Good stuff
    Gw38 is looking good again
    He was playing up top again by himself and ran himself into the ground by all accounts

Not to completely discredit what could still be a perfectly credible source, but that lad has 297 followers. Not sure he is a card carrying part of the West Ham media.

CSF wrote: »
    Not to completely discredit what could still be a perfectly credible source, but that lad has 297 followers. Not sure he is a card carrying part of the West Ham media.

He picked up a knock too
    Didn’t look serious

• Advertisement

He picked up a knock too
    Didn’t look serious
    Hoping they give him a precautionary end to the season myself :D

Advertisement