Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend fights (Haye v Bellew II, Golovkin v Martirosyan, Spike O'Sullivan etc)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Bellew is a bit of a clown but he seems like an alright lad and I really like him as a pundit, and you have to take your hat off to the way he's turned his career around in recent years. Haye is finished but I have no idea what Bellew does now. He can hardly retire when his name is at its peak?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Was his ankle goosed again.

He was rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wouldn't have put money on that type of result, but Haye looked old and really amateurish.

It was a demolition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Honestly struggle to give Bellew much credit. He should be beating an opponent who may as well have been reeled in on a wheelchair.

Cynical cash grab that symbolises everything that's wrong with Matchroom/Hearn. Two lads set up to get their pension money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Bellew is a bit of a clown but he seems like an alright lad and I really like him as a pundit, and you have to take your hat off to the way he's turned his career around in recent years. Haye is finished but I have no idea what Bellew does now. He can hardly retire when his name is at its peak?

I think Bellew is an immensely likeable fellow. Nothing but admiration for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Was his ankle goosed again.

He was rubbish

No he was just rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Honestly struggle to give Bellew much credit. He should be beating an opponent who may as well have been reeled in on a wheelchair.

Cynical cash grab that symbolises everything that's wrong with Matchroom/Hearn. Two lads set up to get their pension money.

Think that a bit harsh...

Haye was in front of him. 220 lbs. can punch and tried. Bellew landed the good fight ending shots...

He was not fighting some complete nobody...

Bellew the little crying b*tch.

Hope we never seen these two amateurs again. Robbery to have to pay to watch that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Where does he go now? He gets taken apart by the top cruisers in fairness. Surely he won't be fighting any of the big name heavyweights.

Beating haye really proves feck all. He will bank a few million fair play but other than that it's a nothing fight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bellew the little crying b*tch.

Hope we never seen these two amateurs again. Robbery to have to pay to watch that rubbish

Lovely.

His brother in law died a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very impressive from Bellew, didn't think he'd be as dominant. You'd have to feel sorry for Haye. I really don't like the guy but you can't argue with his cojones.

walshb wrote: »

Think that a bit harsh...

Haye was in front of him. 220 lbs. can punch and tried. Bellew landed the good fight ending shots...

He was not fighting some complete nobody...
    There was literally nothing behind those Haye punches. Didn't have a hind leg to push off. No achievement beating a shell of a fighter like that.

There was literally nothing behind those Haye punches. Didn't have a hind leg to push off. No achievement beating a shell of a fighter like that.

He threw a fair few with a lot behind them. Just like fight 1...

You said Haye would win though? Must be some achievement if you didn't think Bellew would win.

Haye's ankle was goosed. Least he had the grace not to say it. He said he wasn't fit enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Bellew called out Usyk, Gassiev and Andre bloody Ward. Guess the punches must have done something to him. Tbf Ward just probably clowns him and takes him the distance for a nice pay day but Usyk and Gassiev will decapitate him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

He was totally desperate and near lame, can't believe you are talking up bellew the bum

Haye’s chin and Tony’s power let Haye down. Not his ankles.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

You said Haye would win though? Must be some achievement if you didn't think Bellew would win.
    I said "if fit" he'd win. He wasn't fit. His legs completely done.

Very impressive from Bellew, didn't think he'd be as dominant. You'd have to feel sorry for Haye. I really don't like the guy but you can't argue with his cojones.

Wasn't that impressive, Haye was shocking and injured from the get go.

How can anyone be impressed by Tony Bellew.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Bellew really growing on me lately...

And he can fooking punch. Get to CW and let’s see some scraps..

I want to see him fight the WBSS winner. Usyk or Gassiev, it would be a great fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Alpha_zero wrote: »

Haye was more banjaxed in the last fight and Bellew didn't dominate him nearly as much then.

You starting the Tony fanclub or something! Remember Bellew slumped in a heap after the Stevenson fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I want to see him fight the WBSS winner. Usyk or Gassiev, it would be a great fight.

He would be killed

Won his last 10 fights, lots of them 50/50s. What he has done is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

pac_man wrote: »
    Why is it bull****?

He's been hammered in the ring but because the commentators love him so much they have to come up with something complimentary.

Just come out with the truth - he's not good enough anymore.

So you're basically saying prime Haye would've got knocked out like that too? His chin hasn't changed. Sorry, but that's just so off the mark. Haye is a shell of a fighter.

• Advertisement

You starting the Tony fanclub or something! Remember Bellew slumped in a heap after the Stevenson fight.

No. Just stating facts. Haye’s chin let him down..

Even if not injured, which is to be confirmed, he still may have got knocked out. Tony landed good heavy shots and closed the show..

Advertisement