Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland - 4 staff lying

Options
  • 04-05-2018 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

I moved house in December 2017. And cancelled my Electic Ireland account .

I bought a new house in Feb 2018.
    I contact Electiric Ireland (EC) and signed up again .

I am met with Patrick on the phone who promises me 175 euro credit , as a sign up bonus , and tells me my account will sign over in 24 hours .

So I go away for the weekend , the sign up was done on a Wednesday . I return to find a flooded kitchen floor .

I ring electric Ireland and I am told my a “person” Eric, that I should have supplied a number from my previous supplier in order to cancel the account , I mentioned to this Eric , if Patrick had of told me this I would have done it . Unfortunately [snipped] abused me on the call and treated me horribly . And I make these statements knowing that Electic Ireland record all calls .

He told me I should know that I need a code from my previous supplier and that’s why my electricity didn’t go on.

Then flash forward 3 months , I haven’t received a bill . So I ring Eric ( he isn’t in that day ) and Mr Patrick doesn’t exist .. I speak to Ade, who after 1 hour and 10 mins on a call just cuts me off and his supervisor Shannon who is feeding him information but will not come to the phone agrees with this .

So o ring back and speak to James . He tries the same tack but I eventually get to Chloe , who tells me after 2 hours and 30 mins on the line , that she must check the conversation I had with Patrick on day one .

I give Chloe this time and the next day she comes back and tells me I am 100% correct .

I want to know where is Eric now ? I hope he was repremanded . I am still Waiting his call back from March . But clearly he like to abuse people on the phone and then run away and let Chloe take his issues .

Shame on you Eric and shame on electric Ireland putting me through this . I still only ended up getting what I signed up for on day . Despite hours of conversation with your staff who drop calls when they get too hot for them .

You guys are a disgrace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Furthermore Eric took delight on giving me speeches on March about it is up to me to know who should give him a code from the previous company . I asked him “how would I know you need such a code when your rep Patrick tells me it will switch over in 24 hours “ Eric argued and argued . I asked for Eric to call me back , but he never did . And I would suggest that the reasons I had the problems are perhaps because of [snipped] doings back on March . Such as not receiving a bill etc

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi damianch, I have removed the rep's surname from your posts. The rep team will be getting back to customer queries today. In the meantime, you should PM your account number, name, address, and telephone number to https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=557013

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi damniach,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

We would like to look into your query.

Please provide us with the following details:
    • Your full name as it appears on your Electric Ireland account
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number
    • The first line of your address
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then look into your query.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

What's the story with the flooded kitchen floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

tedpan wrote: »
    Wait a little, that could be one of them short stories with a twist ending..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Judging by the OPs posting history, i'd day he does himself no favours in these calls to his service providers. People don't tend to be helpful when you treat them like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Gatoh wrote: »
    tedpan wrote: »
    Wait a little, that could be one of them short stories with a twist ending..
    He'd left a live cable in the water for safe keeping.

They finally turn on his electric and he got electrocuted.

Advertisement