Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE lock button problem leads to mute button problem

Options
  • 04-05-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi,
    Last week my lock button on my iPhone SE suddenly stopped working so I brought it into Fonez in Cork and they fixed the lock button but told me I’d have to come back another day to get the mute button fixed as it’s all linked up together and this also had to be replaced with the lock button. So I brought it in today to get the mute button done and collected it 3 hours later only to be told he was unable to fix it. The mute button wasn’t at fault until he fixed the lock button and I got refunded but now I’m left with an iPhone that’s not even a year old that I can’t mute . What can be done with this ? Surely it can be fixed somehow

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Designator wrote: »
    Hi,
    Last week my lock button on my iPhone SE suddenly stopped working so I brought it into Fonez in Cork and they fixed the lock button but told me I’d have to come back another day to get the mute button fixed as it’s all linked up together and this also had to be replaced with the lock button. So I brought it in today to get the mute button done and collected it 3 hours later only to be told he was unable to fix it. The mute button wasn’t at fault until he fixed the lock button and I got refunded but now I’m left with an iPhone that’s not even a year old that I can’t mute . What can be done with this ? Surely it can be fixed somehow

If it was less than a year old, you had warranty cover with Apple, but you've banjaxed that by getting a third party to open it. Your best hop now would be an Out of warranty repair by Apple, but thats expensive and no guarantee they would do it after it has already been opened.

Advertisement