Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media horizon issue

• 04-05-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Two days ago my wife and I move into my father in law's. He has a horizon box in the kitchen that's been there for years.
    The electrician cut the power for about 3 hours (kitchen extension) and this is where the problems start.
    After the power came back on, two devices were able to connect wirelessly.
    I plugged in a laptop to attempt to fix the router, i managed to solve most people connecting but several devices were giving wrong password errors even tho the password was never changed. I managed to get everyone connected by turning on the 5ghz WiFi (for those who couldn't connect to the 2.4ghz WiFi)
    Now it seems that when someone logs into any of the two wifi's someone else gets booted out.
    It's been a long two days of IKEA building and car loads of crap moved from a to b. I'm at my wit's end trying to fix the wifi so any help would be appreciated greatly

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd just reset the router and set up a new password etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

i reset and changed the password. most can connect but i think there is too many devices trying to connect and it just cant handle that many.

Advertisement