Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! Can't get icloud Drive to turn on!

Options
  • 04-05-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I've got a really old phone and I want to get a new one. It's an iphone 4G.
    I want to back up my whats app messages but i can't because the icloud Drive where the back up can happen keeps 'upgrading'.
    I've been on to Apple support and they say to delete pictures so as to free up space on icloud. At the moment I have 2.6GB of space on icloud.
    I'm afraid to log out of iCloud in case I loose everything.

If you archive What's App messages will they pop up again on your new phone?

Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Hi there,
    I've got a really old phone and I want to get a new one. It's an iphone 4G.
    I want to back up my whats app messages but i can't because the icloud Drive where the back up can happen keeps 'upgrading'.
    I've been on to Apple support and they say to delete pictures so as to free up space on icloud. At the moment I have 2.6GB of space on icloud.
    I'm afraid to log out of iCloud in case I loose everything.

If you archive What's App messages will they pop up again on your new phone?

Please help!!

Not sure if you got sorted out here but - You may have to purchase iCloud storage of 50GB for 99c as a once off to get the data to back up. 5GB free you currently have may not be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7 samck1996

Try a forced restart.
    Reset Device
    Reset – iPhone
    Hard reset

Advertisement