If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" Smart Tv

Options
  • 04-05-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Looking to get a 55" smart TV, budget of about €600. It will be used mainly for watching tv programs/Netflix/YouTube. What can you recommend for delivery to Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads,

Looking to get a 55" smart TV, budget of about €600. It will be used mainly for watching tv programs/Netflix/YouTube. What can you recommend for delivery to Dublin.

Thanks
    Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks for the post.

your starting point would be the Hisense 55N5700 coming in at 499 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202656-55n5700.aspx

Next up would be the LG 55UJ630 priced at 591 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202986-400326.aspx

After that would be the 55UJ670 priced at 666 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202523-lg-55uj670v.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can make out the main difference between the LGs is the 670 is edge lit. Is there anything else I'm missing. The TV is for my parents to replace an old old old Sony 32" CRT on analogue so I think the better contrasts would be lost on them.

Is there much difference between the 630 and the Hisense?

Thanks

Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can make out the main difference between the  LGs is the 670 is edge lit. Is there anything else I'm missing. The TV is for my parents to replace an old old old Sony 32" CRT on analogue so I think the better contrasts would be lost on them.

Thanks
    Hi Officer Giggles,

There is a good bit of difference between the LG and the Hisense. The LG has better motion processing and more natural colours on the panel, it's also less washed out looking in my opinion. The LG also has a much more user friendly smart hub. The LG 670 is a lot better than the 630 for brightness however.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can make out the main difference between the  LGs is the 670 is edge lit. Is there anything else I'm missing. The TV is for my parents to replace an old old old Sony 32" CRT on analogue so I think the better contrasts would be lost on them.

Thanks
    Hi Officer Giggles,

There is a good bit of difference between the LG and the Hisense. The LG has better motion processing and more natural colours on the panel, it's also less washed out looking in my opinion. The LG also has a much more user friendly smart hub. The LG 670 is a lot better than the 630 for brightness however.

Kind regards

David
    LG it is so. I had heard their OS was supposed to be one of the better ones alright.

What is your very best price in £ for the 630 and the 670. Could you also give me a good price on a cantilever bracket for same. All for delivery to Dublin.

Thanks

Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David
    LG it is so. I had heard their OS was supposed to be one of the better ones alright.

What is your very best price in £ for the 630 and the 670. Could you also give me a good price on a cantilever bracket for same. All for delivery to Dublin.

Thanks
    Hey Officer Giggles.

The best price would be our web pricing unfortunately.

LG 55UJ630 priced at £499.00

LG 55UJ670 priced at £569.00

I can do a deal on the bracket for you, Sanus BLF213 retails for £149.00. If purchased with either of the T's I could drop to £105.00.

I could also offer free shipping and you get our 6 year guarantee on the TV's free of charge too.

• Advertisement

Hey Officer Giggles.

I can do a deal on the bracket for you, Sanus BLF213 retails for £149.00. If purchased with either of the T's I could drop to £105.00.

I could also offer free shipping and you get our 6 year guarantee on the TV's free of charge too.

Thanks Kenny.

Think I'll go with the 630. I'll leave the bracket for now.

Once the family heard I was ordering they all wanted something so.....

I'm looking for a 22" that can be no higher than 360mm. I think the LG 22MT49DF is the only one that fits the bill but open to further suggestions.

Next one I'm after is the biggest TV that's no taller than 460mm. Seems to equate to a 28". I saw the LG 28MT49S on your website, again open to any other suggestions.

Finally looking for a middle of the road 32" for a spare room.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Officer Giggles.

Thanks Kenny.

Think I'll go with the 630. I'll leave the bracket for now.

Once the family heard I was ordering they all wanted something so.....

I'm looking for a 22" that can be no higher than 360mm. I think the LG 22MT49DF is the only one that fits the bill but open to further suggestions.

Next one I'm after is the biggest TV that's no taller than 460mm. Seems to equate to a 28". I saw the LG 28MT49S on your website, again open to any other suggestions.

Finally looking for a middle of the road 32" for a spare room.

Thanks
    Hi Officer Giggles,

Of the first two TVs you were looking for, you're right the LGs would be the best ones to go for. Not only do they fit the size but the LGs have better panels than most of the other small TVs on the market.

the 24MY49DF WOULD BE £139 and the 28MT49S would be £189.

For a 32" Tv we are currently seeing the transition between last years models and this years so we don't have a huge selection. I would recommend the Sony KDL32WE613 at £269. The Sonys would have the best panels of the 32" Tvs with a more natural colour and motion than the likes of the Hisense or Toshiba.

Let me know what you think and if you'd like to go ahead with an order please PM me with your contact number and let me know which TVs you'd like to take.

Kind regards

David

Hi Officer Giggles,

Of the first two TVs you were looking for, you're right the LGs would be the best ones to go for. Not only do they fit the size but the LGs have better panels than most of the other small TVs on the market.

For a 32" Tv we are currently seeing the transition between last years models and this years so we don't have a huge selection. I would recommend the Sony KDL32WE613 at £269. The Sonys would have the best panels of the 32" Tvs with a more natural colour and motion than the likes of the Hisense or Toshiba.

Let me know what you think and if you'd like to go ahead with an order please PM me with your contact number and let me know which TVs you'd like to take.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks. Is there anything you can do for me on the prices of the 28MT49S and 22MT49DF as they are cheaper elsewhere. I know you include the 6 year warranty but said I'd ask.

Thanks,

Shane

Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks. Is there anything you can do for me on the prices of the 28MT49S and 22MT49DF as they are cheaper elsewhere. I know you include the 6 year warranty but said I'd ask.

Thanks,

Shane
    Hey Shane.

The 22MT49DF is now last few to clear. We do have an open box one we could offer at £105. 100% boxed as new. Would still include our 6 year guarantee.

There would be no movement on the 24MT49S unfortunately due to our 6 year guarantee.

I do have a 24MT49DF in open boxed which I could offer at £110.00 Again 100% boxed as new and with our 6 year guarantee.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202729-24mt49df.aspx

Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks,

Shane
    Hey Shane.

The 22MT49DF is now last few to clear. We do have an open box one we could offer at £105. 100% boxed as new. Would still include our 6 year guarantee.

There would be no movement on the 24MT49S unfortunately due to our 6 year guarantee.

I do have a 24MT49DF in open boxed which I could offer at £110.00 Again 100% boxed as new and with our 6 year guarantee.

Thanks.

I think we've crossed wires or there has been a typo somewhere. I'm looking for the 28MT49S whereas two different 24's are mentioned above. Is there any open box offers on the 28.

I'd take the open box 22MT49DF.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks,

Shane
    Hey Shane.

Thanks.

I think we've crossed wires or there has been a typo somewhere. I'm looking for the 28MT49S whereas two different 24's are mentioned above. Is there any open box offers on the 28.

Cheers
    Hi Shane.

Sorry, My fault.

When I was going over what open box I had just listed them in case they might be of interest.

On the 28MT49S the £189.00 price would be the best including our 6 year guarantee. We have a brand new boxed one left in stock and also one of the 28MT49DF at £169.00

If you want to go for the 22MT49DF drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.

Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks,

Shane
    Hey Shane.

Thanks.

Cheers
    Hi Shane.

Sorry, My fault.

When I was going over what open box I had just listed them in case they might be of interest.

On the 28MT49S the £189.00 price would be the best including our 6 year guarantee. We have a brand new boxed one left in stock and also one of the 28MT49DF at £169.00

If you want to go for the 22MT49DF drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.
    What's the difference between the MT49S and MT49DF

Thanks

Hi Officer Giggles,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks,

Shane
    Hey Shane.

Thanks.

Cheers
    Hi Shane.

Sorry, My fault.

What's the difference between the MT49S and MT49DF

Thanks
    Hi Shane.

The DF does not have any of the webOS/smart features that the S has.

Hi Kenny,

That's great thanks. I'll PM you my number now but could you hold off ringing me until tomorrow as I'm waiting to get paid.

The four I'm going to take are:

LG 55UJ630V
    LG 28MT49S
    LG 28MT49DF
    LG 22MT49DF

Cheers

Hi Kenny,

That's great thanks. I'll PM you my number now but could you hold off ringing me until tomorrow as I'm waiting to get paid.

The four I'm going to take are:

LG 55UJ630V
    LG 28MT49S
    LG 28MT49DF
    LG 22MT49DF

Cheers
    Hi Officer Giggles.

No problem at all.

If you PM me your full address I can get a hold put on these items for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.