Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice?! Help !

Options
  • 04-05-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I got the blocks for my leaving cert subjects but both Art and Physics are in the same block so now I have to choose one of the two but I don’t know what I should do.

Is there any chance someone could give me their experience in either subject?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends on you.
    Do you like/have a talent for Art?
    Do you like Science subjects?

Are the rest of your subjects book based? Do you need either subject for entry to your intended college courses?

I did Physics a million years ago. Didn't find it difficult but I would much rather have done Art, which I went back and did later anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ialison

spurious wrote: »
    Depends on you.
    Do you like/have a talent for Art?
    Do you like Science subjects?

Are the rest of your subjects book based? Do you need either subject for entry to your intended college courses?

I did Physics a million years ago. Didn't find it difficult but I would much rather have done Art, which I went back and did later anyway.

The rest of my subjects are not very theory heavy except for economics. Im planning on doing accounting, economics and either art or physics. Also, I enjoy both subjects a lot. Im decent at drawing, painting etc as well. I don’t need any specific subjects for my intended college courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

Physics is a lovely subject and it isn’t that hard,you don’t have as much to learn off theory wise compared to other subjects,other than experiments most of the exam is testing your knowledge like if you are able to explain a concept and then use that understanding to find x or y etc and it is very interesting you learn a lot about our world. Having said that, if you are good at art then pick that it will be less effort in the long run for you and it will improve your ability as an artist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Speak to the teachers.

Physics isn’t that difficult if you can pick it up and I would imagine Art is a handy subject if you’re quite good at it.

Your art teacher anyway should be able to give you an indication if you will do well with the work needed for Leaving Cert.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I would definitely go with Physics if you have a decent interest in it. Far more useful if you decide to do any science/engineering related course in college. Even if you never pursue a science related career, it will give you an insight into how the universe works. Nothing stopping you keeping Art as a hobby. Quite difficult to get top marks in Art as it has such subjective marking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement