Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in USA for the summer...

• 05-05-2018 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

First time poster, hope someone can advise me..

I've just finished my first year of college and I would like to do somethig diffrrent for the summer. Was considering going to the USA to work but not sure if I've left it too late job and accommodation wise..
    I have an Irish and an American passport so does that make me ineligible to go through the USIT J1 programme to help in finding a job? Or am I on my own in looking for work and accommodation seeing as I dont need their visa? Feel so overwhelmed at the moment I need someone to help with advice. I have emailed USIT but didnt find them helpful. Anyone here a US citizen who has worked in the US before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Even if you got a J1, as a US citizen you are obliged to present your US Passport when entering the US so any visa in your Irish passport will count for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

When are you coming to USA? I am based in New York and there are a shortage of J1's coming over. There are plenty of jobs going for summer relief work. Contact me if you are looking for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mod-note:

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement