Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering grey regrowth

Options
  • 05-05-2018 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've been grey since mid twenties but have had my hair coloured since I was 15. Much older now and it grows out really quick. Its never really bothered me and as I can afford it I get it done. However in a new job now where grooming is very important and my hair has to be put up. Roots along my hairline showing now just after a week and I need to colour it.( Not just me being vain but part of dress code, no grey roots). I've tried two different spray on/ dab on products without much success. One I just couldn't get a matching colour and the second dribbled down my face and was colouring my scalp more than my hair.
    My hairdresser has said that instead of a full colour in between they can do t-zone but this still isn't something that cab be done too regularly.
    So older well groomed women, any suggestions for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have you tried the L'Oreal magic retouch spray, the one in a sea green can? I use it on a friend between dye jobs and it looks fantastic. It's important to spray in short bursts and to protect the skin next to the hair you're treating but it's very easy to use IMO!
    http://www.boots.ie/charles-worthington-instant-root-concealer-powder-brown-10211395 this stuff is excellent too, but messy to apply until you get the hang of it. A cloth headband worn to cover your forehead is very helpful with this one! It's a bit like a mineral foundation application - a pot of powder and a little brush.
    Ive seen a few ads for a new product too, Davina McCall is advertising it, maybe Garnier? Looks like a foam applicator preloaded with powder, which could potentially be less messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

dee_mc wrote: »
    Have you tried the L'Oreal magic retouch spray, the one in a sea green can? I use it on a friend between dye jobs and it looks fantastic. It's important to spray in short bursts and to protect the skin next to the hair you're treating but it's very easy to use IMO!

Thanks , that's the one I.was using which was sticking more to my skin. I tried it again yesterday and managed my parting but not the hairline and in particular around my temples. And I'm worried it would start running in the rain, has anyone experienced this?

Im wondering is there an actual touch up dye that I can use for a slightly longer home remedy. I know most home dyes have to be mixed and there would be huge wastage.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

I find the Loreal one sticky and makes my head itch... then it's on my fingers... my paperwork....

SATSUMA wrote: »
    I find the Loreal one sticky and makes my head itch... then it's on my fingers... my paperwork....

And when you spray it on first you can hear your head sizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

• Advertisement

SwimFin wrote: »

Thanks, have just looked them up, the Color Wow seems to have good feedback. Have you used these and which did you prefer?

Advertisement