Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia, stage 2: Haifa - Tel Aviv 167 km

Options
  • 05-05-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Day two stage 2 and the real Big Tom whos alive and well is in pink. flatish stage with a few lumps for a sprint finish

G18_T02_TelAviv_alt_jpg.jpg
    Technical Overview:
    The second stage starts from Haifa and at first heads north, until the town of Acres, where the first intermediate sprint takes place. There, the peloton will make a short loop to get back south, passing also though the hills, with the first categorized climb of this edition, Zikhron Ya'Aqov (GPM4, 2.6 at 5.3%). Once past that, the race goes back to the coast to stay. The second intermediate sprint in Caesarea opens a long coastal section of around 60 km, all the way to Tel Aviv, the capital of Israel, the one that is internationally recognized, that is.

G18_T02_TelAviv_ukm_jpg.jpg

VgIU9MH.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Go Sam!!!!

Not long in from my own spin but caught sight of Acre from the helicopter shots, looked amazing.

Was just about to ask why Laura wasn't there and Rob Hatch answered that for me, seems she's expecting a baby soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

BMC looking to put Dennis in Pink ???

Dennis in virtual pink now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

It'd be nice for Dennis to be able to dedicate his jersey to Andy Rihs. I'm sure that's the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Miklos wrote: »
    It'd be nice for Dennis to be able to dedicate his jersey to Andy Rihs. I'm sure that's the goal.

they wanted it yesterday, interview with the DS on the cycling podcast last night and they were gutted

is anyone else using the eurosport app and chromecast to watch this? just wondering if its my set up that keeps buffering and going back and forward in the broadcast

Nico did a great job holding off the sprint teams for Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

this reminds me of the worlds in abu dhabi or wherever it was a few years ago, boring straight motorways.

also, fcuk israel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Why in the name of God are there people encroaching onto the road. Madness, dangerous.

Viviani too good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

excellent sprinting by viviani, on his own after coming from miles back and straight onto mareczko once he came past

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

retalivity wrote: »
    also, fcuk israel.
    Sunny though, I've heard.

neris wrote: »
    is anyone else using the eurosport app and chromecast to watch this? just wondering if its my set up that keeps buffering and going back and forward in the broadcast

Usually only happens if someone else in the house decides to use netflix in another room or if I've downloads running.

Usually only happens if someone else in the house decides to use netflix in another room or if I've downloads running.

just me at home and nothing be downloaded. streamed fine on my ipad when i turned chromecast off for the last 5km. its a pain in the arse coz its only eurosport ot happens with and not netflix or youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

How does the finish line position factor in with GC position? Commentators were saying Dennis was in pink with 50 km to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Brian wrote: »
    How does the finish line position factor in with GC position? Commentators were saying Dennis was in pink with 50 km to go.

He had bonus seconds from the intermediate sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

this reminds me of the worlds in abu dhabi or wherever it was a few years ago, boring straight motorways.

I thought it was just me unimpressed with the scenery, it was a pretty boring looking stage, the bits I watched anyway.

Maybe it's just the years upon years of Israel Tourism ads on Eurosport having us expect too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

also, fcuk israel.

It’s sport.

Sports and Politics should never meet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    It’s sport.

Sports and Politics should never meet

They've been mixed for a long time for all sorts reasons and will forever be mixed

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Weepsie wrote: »
    They've been mixed for a long time for all sorts reasons and will forever be mixed

No need for it to be dragged into the cycling forum though. It's a dangerous precedent to let posts like the above in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Weepsie wrote: »

Some interweaving is essential (funding, infastructure) but sport has no place in the pure political/nationalistic stuff. I referring to the anti Israel comment!! No call for that.

Advertisement