Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contact eircom if not a customer

Options
  • 05-05-2018 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

How can you contact eircom if you aren’t a customer, don’t have a phone number or an account?
    Do you have to use someone else’s info?
    I tried on 1901 but it only works with a number or account, you can’t get beyond the introduction.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There are numbers on their website for Tech Support and sales. Click on the "Need some help?" Link

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Thank you. I got onto a chat. Utter waste of time. I think they are trained not to acknowledge that there might be an eircom problem. I don’t know if there is an eircom problem or if it is mine I am none the wiser.
    All I know is that I can’t log on to my email because after I put in my user name and password, the little blue line does not flash across the top. ItS not connecting so I don’t know if it is a password problem because it doesn’t get that far to be able to tell me that it is. Or not. It might sort itself out tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Who are you logging in to if you're not a customer of Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eir will not provide support for eircom.net addresses of former customers, if that's what you're trying to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ring 1901 and talk all sorts of gobblygook to it,even curse if you have to and the "human robot" might be so confused that he will transfer you to a live human.I haven't tried this for some time,but it has worked for me in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I thought my dad was the only person on the planet still using an eircom email account.

Maybe ye can become friends for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1800 690 000

Although it might be same as dialling 1901

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

L1011 wrote: »
    Eir will not provide support for eircom.net addresses of former customers, if that's what you're trying to get.

+1 I've been advising my (non-Eircom customer) friends to get off eircom.net for their e-mail except to use it as flypaper for junk mail.

The problem is with unrealistic expectations. This is a company that has been reducing it's workforce for years, is not (to my knowledge) making any money and yet people think that Eircom should continue to provide a free e-mail service to the general public with call agents ready to take phone calls to sort out forgotten passwords etc.

Get yourself to Gmail is my advice.

My eircom address is my historic one, and is very active
    And yes pet, I have a gmail account, I think since about 2012
    My eircom account has worked perfectly well for the last 20+ years until today.
    I have also been a loyal and patient customer of eircom until two months ago.
    I finally realised they were taking the piss of any customer who did not live close to an urban centre. So I cancelled everything. I spent 80 a month for a landline I rarely used and mobile broadband. I hung on to the landline in the hope I’d get efibre but I never will.
    Anyway enough of this, I’ll figure something out. It is just so strange. I can connect to the eir site but not the web mail.
    Wasn’t it a beautiful day though. I hope everyone enjoyed the sunshine and the heat on the skin:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Calm down the sarcasm and snark. Significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seems odd to be able to rack up €80 a month on a landline that was rarely used

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    My eircom account has worked perfectly well for the last 20+ years until today.
    What error did you get?

It was a package. I had been using the phone and the phone broadband at 120 per 2months. Then about 2 years ago I cancelled the broadband, because it never reached 1 meg and I moved to meteor mobile WiFi. The mobile WiFi worked fine, good speeds and we found ourselves using the land line less and less, and paying 60€ for it. Last summer the house got busier and meteor couldn’t provide enough data. I think it was 50gig for 30€ With top ups.
    I looked around and eircom were doing 150gig for I can’t remember how much. I rang them and said I’ll take it and I’ll cancel the landline because we just don’t use it and we’re throwing money away. Ah don’t, they said, there’s a special offer-if you keep the landline you just pay for any calls and we’ll give you the 150gb for 45€ for three months and then it will go to 60.
    Fine I said, I’m paying 60 anyway. But after a month, we’d burned through the 150gb so for an extra 15 I could get 250gb. Turns out that was for 3 months too and after the three months were up I was paying 80€ per month.
    All this to explain why I was spending 80 for a landline that I didn’t use,but it was really for the mobile WiFi.
    Recently the house emptied out again, we didn’t need all that data. I saw Vodafone we’re doing 150gb for 40€. I went to eircom saying I was cancelling, this time they said grand and didn’t try to keep me so I went.
    The error: I don’t get an error message. I type in my user name and password, hit enter/go and nothing happens. The blue line starts but doesn’t move across therefore it doesn’t connect to the webmail
    Sarcasm: whose please? Did you mean me? I answered the questions, is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

L1011 wrote: »

They will. There's a 1530 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    The error: I don’t get an error message. I type in my user name and password, hit enter/go and nothing happens. The blue line starts but doesn’t move across therefore it doesn’t connect to the webmail
    So, you went to https://www.eir.ie/email/ and put in your email address and password, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Migrate entirely to Gmail. It's a dedicated email service eircom quite frankly is not.

You have to just cut your ties and get on with it. They could just decide to delete the service in the morning and then what would you do .... It's my historic email service is quite simply not an excuse for not taking the advice about moving kick stock to your Gmail account.

Ah Listermint, you make me feel like I’m 8 and the dog ate my home work:)
    syco, yes. That’s what I do, then up in the ip space/field a little blue line moves across . Or it should, bit it only goes a little way and stops.so it isn’t connecting to webmail. I see elsewhere that this problem occurs occasionally so I will wait until Tuesday when I’m sure every one at eir is back at work.

Ok, I guess I’d betterstart archiving and moving stuff.
    As soon as I can get in. Now I hope everything is still there!!
    Thanks everyone.

Advertisement