Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to knock down my extension out back?

Options
  • 06-05-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

My mother and father got the house done up about 10 years back (extension, open-plan sitting room) but recently they have been wanting to revert it back to the way it was. How much would it cost to knock down the extension (concrete sun-room) put the interior walls back up and get a decking for out back? Sorry, I’m kind of ignorant about this kind of stuff.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Can I ask what is the reason for wanting to knock the extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Stephen7287

tradesman wrote: »
    Can I ask what is the reason for wanting to knock the extension?

They just want more room out the back garden now. Plus the kitchen is always dark since the light doesn’t get in all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It would cost a lot more than a couple of sun tunnels to get more light into the old kitchen area. There are other options. Sounds like the extension was poorly planned, but knocking it down sounds drastic.

Maybe post a few pictures and people might give you ideas. Adding more rooflights and larger windows and door might be the answer. If they still want it knocked, then so be it. It’s hard to cost, but will be a few thousand.

Advertisement