Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy for running

Options
  • 06-05-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Any recommendations for the best buggy to buy for running.
    Seems to be the out and about or the city mini GT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Hills30 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the best buggy to buy for running.
    Seems to be the out and about or the city mini GT.

There's a few threads around either here or the main forum on this which I cant find too easily, but I run frequently with the buggy- my twins are now 3 and a half so probably getting towards the end of the ability to do this without (a) passing out from pushing heavy kids and (b) having to feed snacks to them constantly/ install an iPAD/ TV they could watch.

Here's my experience:

Out & About (think model we have is the Nipper) works great and is fine for everyday short distance running - lockable wheel, storage spots etc. We have this as our standard buggy, which at this stage I only use for running them to creche in the morning. I've run parkruns with this and it is great, corners well, is lightweight, fixable front wheel and easily foldable for the car.

I have a baby jogger too, which is the business for running. Proper big wheels, not quite bike size but a decent size pizza diameter equivalent. Fixed front wheel, handles well, can go over bumpy terrain, beach, grass without too much fuss or backchat. With more air flaps than a 737, your babies will be comfortable and well insulated on their run. This proper running buggy is the business if you are looking to up your distance above 10k. Not so easy to dismantle for the car (but still doable), and doesnt quite fold up like the Out and About.

Comparing the two, the latter is for running, the former is for everyday life, but fine for running. The O&A is the business as you dont need to buy another specific run buggy but the Baby Jogger would be more efficient if you are going to run regularly.

I've only run with these (and the iCandy - lets forget about that), so others may be able to give more breadth to their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I got the Thule urban glide and very happy with it.
    I'm tall and the handles are tall enough and long enough.

Front wheel can be locked or unlocked and there's a dial to adjust it in case it's nor running straight.
    Easy to fold and unfold.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Killerz wrote: »
    Out & About (think model we have is the Nipper) works great and is fine for everyday short distance running - lockable wheel, storage spots etc. We have this as our standard buggy, which at this stage I only use for running them to creche in the morning. I've run parkruns with this and it is great, corners well, is lightweight, fixable front wheel and easily foldable for the car.

Out&About is a great all rounder, bought it for running and ended up replacing our buggaboo as the everyday buggy also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Always borrow one before you buy one as there is a strong chance your child will hate it. My eldest was fine (could even do long runs in it) but her sister hated it first go. Most of them the child is facing away so you need to ensure that they are ok with this in their normal buggy first. It seemed like a great idea to get one but looking back at it I wouldn't bother unless you a stay at home parent.

Advertisement