Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meters

Options
  • 06-05-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a pay as you go electric lreland meter in my apartment can I get a gas one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi jonnyco44,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Gas PAYG is available through Electric Ireland - the telephone number to phone is 1850 372 372 (or 01 8529534 as an alternative to the 1850 number).

There are some differences between electricity PAYG and gas PAYG: there is no bonus credit for changing to gas PAYG, credit-friendly hours do not apply for gas PAYG, it is not possible to top up a gas PAYG meter online (only at a retailer) and if the customer wishes to change back to billing from gas PAYG, there is a removal fee for the PAYG gas meter (this is payable to Gas Networks Ireland and applicable for all gas PAYG providers).

There is further information on gas PAYG here on the Electric Ireland website.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonnyco44

Hi again just need to know if I can get a pay as you Go gas meter in my apartment thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi jonnyco44,

Thank you for getting in touch. The Electric Ireland Gas PAYG team can advise you on 1850 372 372 or 01 8529534. It depends on how accessible a gas PAYG meter would be to you, as it can only be topped up manually.

Also, if you are renting, we recommend saying it to the property owner if you have not done so already.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement