Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    £130-£145 looking at different reports. That's all the Couthino money spent a now.

Did you not buy in January also using some of the Coutinho money? Chamberlain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ox was bought last summer and VVD before Couthino was sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

VVD and ox would have spent most of coutinho money I suspect.

Ox was bought last summer and VVD before Couthino was sold.

Jaysus time goes quick. Didn't think Ox was there a full year.

VVD and ox would have spent most of coutinho money I suspect.

I would have thought VVD was signed as they knew Coutinho would be going so was used as part of that money. Just seem to be big spenders this summer pushing for that title push

I would have thought VVD was signed as they knew Coutinho would be going so was used as part of that money. Just seem to be big spenders this summer pushing for that title push

Yea both were done in the January transfer market.

Ox didn't start the season and missed the end of it after hurting his knee.

We had about £100m to spend last summer without sales. Spent £70m ish on Salah, Robertson and Ox. Couldn't get VVD done until January and then Couthino left.

We got £80-90m for getting to the champions league final, back to back top 4 finishes and signed a new deal with Standard Chartered for double the previous amount, meant we had quite a bit to spend this summer.

Here's a list of ins and outs to date (obviously before any Fekir deal) £90 million spent after sales since Klopp came in.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31#subnavi

Ox didn't start the season and missed the end of it after hurting his knee.

We had about £100m to spend last summer without sales. Spent £70m ish on Salah, Robertson and Ox. Couldn't get VVD done until January and then Couthino left.

We got £80-90m for getting to the champions league final, back to back top 4 finishes and signed a new deal with Standard Chartered for double the previous amount, meant we had quite a bit to spend this summer.

Here's a list of ins and outs to date (obviously before any Fekir deal) £90 million spent after sales since Klopp came in.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31#subnavi

Why did you put that in about ox at the start ,seems strange to wedge that in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lukker- wrote: »
    So that's the secret!

I may not be articulating what I mean in the best way, but sure look it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Why did you put that in about ox at the start ,seems strange to wedge that in.

I'm on mobile and I can't multi quote so I stuck it in at the start to reply to Shanotheslayer first post saying that he didn't realise Ox was there so long.

• Advertisement

I'm on mobile and I can't multi quote so I stuck it in at the start to reply to Shanotheslayer first post saying that he didn't realise Ox was there so long.

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How do lads know what a club had to spend?
    Does any club give out that info ,it seems unlikely.

If you have no news at all about transfers but just want to chat about the Liverpool formation, who might play where etc. this is the perfect thread.

yabadabado wrote: »

Usually a number gets leaked,usually with the term war chest tag along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If you have no news at all about transfers but just want to chat about the Liverpool formation, who might play where etc. this is the perfect thread.

Whats your transfer news so Conor? Have any stories to provide us with? Or just commentate on people pondering where Fekir (a pending transfer) might fit in and how much money Liverpool may have for further transfers?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whats your transfer news so Conor? Have any stories to provide us with? Or just commentate on people pondering where Fekir (a pending transfer) might fit in and how much money Liverpool may have for further transfers?

So people pondering who will play where and when exactly Oxlade Chamberlain was signed is transfer news?

In that case, my news is when did Steve Daley sign for Man City anyway, and will they go 451.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool are going to have a big spend this summer. Klopp wanted vvd and keita last year. He couldn't get them but waited for the both of them rather than switch targets. Then coutinho was sold in Jan he obviously couldn't get anyone he wanted in Jan and again had waited till now to replace him. This summer you are looking at spending some of last summers budget, the coutinho money and this summers budget. Liverpool have to fill out their squad now aswell. Up till now they didn't have the money and didn't really have the need for a big squad as only now have they got two CL campaigns back to back .

So people pondering who will play where and when exactly Oxlade Chamberlain was signed is transfer news?

In that case, my news is when did Steve Daley sign for Man City anyway, and will they go 451.

So thats a no new news then and just the usual carry on.

Good to know

So thats a no new news then and just the usual carry on.

Good to know

I see you're trying to turn it into a thread about me.

Relax. You can disagree without getting wound up.

You think next season's possible formations are transfer news, I don't, we simply differ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Aulas - Lyon President categorically denying that any deal is in place for the transfer of Fekir. Difficult man to deal with.

https://twitter.com/RMCsport/status/1004998677956579329?s=19

Medical done last night and Liverpool waiting on the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Deal won't get done for months now I think.

Aulas probably agreed then changed his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »

Did they not do the same before Lacazette signed for Arsenal? Kept saying no deal in place and then Lacazette was an Arsenal player?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

£130-£145 looking at different reports. That's all the Couthino money spent a now.

Where did you pull that out of? Liverpool have only signed 1 player so far.

• Advertisement

Harambe wrote: »
    Where did you pull that out of? Liverpool have only signed 1 player so far.

Kieta and Fabhino.

Kieta and Fabhino.

How much did each cost? £70m each by your maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

80 (Keita) +50 (Fabh) iirc.

No I'm including the proposed Fekir deal as well. Kieta was 50m and Fabihno 45/50m depending who's reporting it.

Pter wrote: »
    80 (Keita) +50 (Fabh) iirc.

Keita was around £53m and Fabinho was around £43m, why do people pull false numbers out of their arse?

• Advertisement

No I'm including the proposed Fekir deal as well. Kieta was 50m and Fabihno 45/50m depending who's reporting it.

That makes more sense. Fekir deal is not done yet though.

Keita was around £53m and Fabinho was around £43m, why do people pull false numbers out of their arse?

Apologies i didnt cop the £ on the previous posters numbers. I was quoting €.

Apologies i didnt cop the £ on the previous posters numbers. I was quoting €.

Even at that £53m is not €80m. It's more like €60m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

€80 million was quoted as the price if the transfer was last summer.

That makes more sense. Fekir deal is not done yet though.

Nope not yet but roumored to be in the region of €60m if it does go through.

I dont want to get into a pernickity fight with you Harambe - chill out. That being said, by todays rate, you are correct. By last years rate, less so.

Also, the £53m that is being quoted is the up front payment and doesnt take into account the other clauses in the deal that also will most likely have to be paid. You are perhaps correct not to include these in the figure as there is a chance they wont be paid, but i choose to take them into account.

You can call it whatever figure you want with whatever exchange rate you want; when we are talking deals of this magnitude, is this really the point? If you want to start dissecting transfer fees to get exact amounts paid, go take a look at the Coutinho deal as well. Guarenteed that is jam packed full of clauses that have inflated that number as well.

Not looking to nit pick guys, just saw people are saying Liverpool have spent £140m this transfer window when they clearly haven't.
    Liverpool have signed one player this window so far for £43m, that's it. End of argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

yabadabado wrote: »
    Usually a number gets leaked,usually with the term war chest tag along.

It's all speculation. Clubs don't have a specific budget for transfer fees. They consider salaries alongside transfer fees, spread over the term of the contracts. Liverpool won't consider Keita as costing £50m, they'll consider it as (£50m + value of his contract) divided by the term of his contract. Hence if he's on £10m/yr on a five year deal, the cost will be accounted for as £20m/yr.

To say something like Liverpool are even after selling Coutinho for £120m and buying VVD (70m) and Chamberlin (35m) and Robertson (15m) ignores the fact that combined, VVD,Chamberlin and Robertson cost Liverpool three times what Coutinho did in salary. So they haven't broken even, they've spent considerably and created a deficit.

Similar to Zlatan going to United on a free or Sanchez for just £30m. The papers/fans will say they've spent eff all. In reality, it's a significant spend once salaries are accounted for.

Obviously clubs don't publish salaries, so most are speculation. Also, the average football fan isn't interested in the true calculation or things like ammostisation. So instead, we get terms like war chests etc which may reflect a clubs actual budget, but is simplified to the extreme and likely pulled from no where. Certainly no manager is working off a transfer fee only budget as the papers would have you believe

Harambe wrote:
    Not looking to nit pick guys, just saw people are saying Liverpool have spent £140m this transfer window when they clearly haven't. Liverpool have signed one player this window so far for £43m, that's it. End of argument.

They have signed two players. So no not the end of the argument. With a 3rd reportedly all but done.

Please don't try and 'end of argument' a discussion. It's just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

They have signed two players. So no not the end of the argument. With a 3rd reportedly all but done.

Please don't try and 'end of argument' a discussion. It's just silly.

Keita was signed last year. Hes joining on July 1. Fee was dependent on where RB Leipzig finished, reports of £52M seem the most accurate

• Advertisement

Not looking to nit pick guys, just saw people are saying Liverpool have spent £140m this transfer window when they clearly haven't.
    Liverpool have signed one player this window so far for £43m, that's it. End of argument.

We've signed two players. Kieta and Fabhino

We've signed two players. Kieta and Fabhino

Keita signed last summer but yes it makes sense to include his price given it wasn't settled until RB Leipzig's season ended. It still doesn't add up to £140m though which was my original point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Relax lads,unless its coming out of yer pockets!

If I see Fekir leaning in Melwood later today I'll happily agree with the lads :D

Evans joins Leicester for 3.5m paid in 2 installments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote:

1 to West Brom and the other to his agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

he's a decent signing for them, surprised more clubs werent after his signature especially at such a knockdown price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

slingerz wrote: »
    he's a decent signing for them, surprised more clubs werent after his signature especially at such a knockdown price.

I thought he was older than 30 too, more capable than Huth and should get a few years out of him, solid signing for Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

slingerz wrote: »

If he went to any of the PL top 6 he'd be a bit part player.

Leicester will probably be fighting for 7th-9th this year again and thats probably about his level, Leicetser, Everton or Burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm no expert but this looks photoshopped to me. :)

https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/1005045578861109249

Advertisement