Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm no expert but this looks photoshopped to me. :)

https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/1005045578861109249

That’s brilliant in fairness.. Roma’s social media team is great

This is their tweet before that one

https://twitter.com/asromaen/status/1004805059438370816?s=21

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They also thanked Damien Delaney the day after he said goodbye to Crystal Palace.

4C3AB72D00000578-5727697-image-a-15_1526314554562.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

pjohnson wrote: »
    They also thanked Damien Delaney the day after he said goodbye to Crystal Palace.

Who then signs for Cork City who used a similar tweet to the one above before announcing

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/1005041537317789697

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's all getting very meta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whats up with Roma announcing Delaney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Pter wrote: »
    Harambe wrote: »
    Even at that £53m is not €80m. It's more like €60m.

I dont want to get into a pernickity fight with you Harambe - chill out. That being said, by todays rate, you are correct. By last years rate, less so.

Also, the £53m that is being quoted is the up front payment and doesnt take into account the other clauses in the deal that also will most likely have to be paid. You are perhaps correct not to include these in the figure as there is a chance they wont be paid, but i choose to take them into account.

You can call it whatever figure you want with whatever exchange rate you want; when we are talking deals of this magnitude, is this really the point? If you want to start dissecting transfer fees to get exact amounts paid, go take a look at the Coutinho deal as well. Guarenteed that is jam packed full of clauses that have inflated that number as well.

I hope Leipzig agreed the price in Euros as if not that’s a lot of money they’ve lost on the deal. There is probably some sort of insurance included for both clubs so that if the exchange rate changes drastically they meet somewhere in the middle?

I’m very surprised at the small fee for Johnny Evans. Weren’t City going to pay around £20m for him in January? West Brom must be desperate to get his wages of the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Evans is probably leaving on a relegation clause since WBA went down, lots of big players at the clubs that went down will have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Evans is probably leaving on a relegation clause since WBA went down, lots of big players at the clubs that went down will have them

Ah fair enough. Didn’t think of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I enjoy these guys having relegation clauses in their contracts, when they are partially responsible for their relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

NIMAN wrote: »
    I enjoy these guys having relegation clauses in their contracts, when they are partially responsible for their relegation.

Then you have players like rodwell collecting stupid money without a care in the world until his contract was terminated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

NIMAN wrote:

While you might normally have a very good point you don't in this instance. Jonny Evans has imo been West Brom's best player for the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fakir deal in doubt over underlying knee injury issue.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1005403018739769344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

eagle eye wrote: »
    While you might normally have a very good point you don't in this instance. Jonny Evans has imo been West Brom's best player for the last two seasons.

Faking injury, pulling out of a matchday squad without medical staffs permission, leaking a release clause while in a relegation battle.

Oh and stealing a taxi.

Professional player alright.

How much were West Brom looking for when City were gonna buy him?

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1005478937621868545

Arsenal agree deal to sign defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos for £16m from Borussia Dortmund https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/08/arsenal-agree-deal-sign-defender-sokratis-papastathopoulos-16m/

The sale of 2 printed jerseys from the club shop should fund the transfer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Lukker- wrote: »
    Whats up with Roma announcing Delaney?

Run by a Corkman I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Lukker- wrote: »
    How much were West Brom looking for when City were gonna buy him?
    From my (dodgy) memory, it was somewhere around £20-30m, give or take the odd million. Ludicrous money for him.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    From my (dodgy) memory, it was somewhere around £20-30m, give or take the odd million. Ludicrous money for him.

Was 18m for City IIRC..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fekir deal is off.

Ah missed that, they also had a bit of 18m rejected which is what I am remembering.

astradave wrote: »
    Ah missed that, they also had a bit of 18m rejected which is what I am remembering.
    I was pretty sure that 18m seemed on the low side. If the fee had been that, we'd probably have paid it.
    :rolleyes:
    The Baggies have lost a lot of money in 5 months on Evans;£20m+. I know the argument would be that if he'd kept them up, they'd have recouped that money, and a whole lot more. Didn't work out for them in the end though. Perhaps if they'd got Pardew out 3 or 4 games earlier. I guess we'll never know now.

I was pretty sure that 18m seemed on the low side. If the fee had been that, we'd probably have paid it.
    :rolleyes:
    The Baggies have lost a lot of money in 5 months on Evans;£20m+. I know the argument would be that if he'd kept them up, they'd have recouped that money, and a whole lot more. Didn't work out for them in the end though. Perhaps if they'd got Pardew out 3 or 4 games earlier. I guess we'll never know now.

Or never put him in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Just reading up on the whole Nabil Fekir saga, GUBU...

astradave wrote: »
    Or never put him in :D
    Fair point.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Just reading up on the whole Nabil Fekir saga, GUBU...

https://twitter.com/RorySmith/status/1005546420923977728

Will Ramos be blamed? :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If there an issue it's best they drop the deal. Plenty of others they can go after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Doubt there's an issue given he came on for France tonight for the last 20 minutes and immediately was involved in their equaliser. Sounds like Aulas is trying to get more money.

I hope he does stay at Lyon as with him and their other promising young talents they have the makings of a great side. I still suspect he'll move on and that it will be to Liverpool after the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Doubt there's an issue given he came on for France tonight for the last 20 minutes and immediately was involved in their equaliser. Sounds like Aulas is trying to get more money.

I hope he does stay at Lyon as with him and their other promising young talents they have the makings of a great side. I still suspect he'll move on and that it will be to Liverpool after the World Cup.

May not be an issue but theres a massive difference between being match fit, which i'm sure he is at the moment but an underlying issue is totally different. He could have issues anywhere and any reports i've read suggest that is the problem. Why would anyone invest €50m plus for a crock?

Just because he came on tonight means absolutely nothing. Paul McGrath played for years with huge knee problems and you hear all the time of sportsmen playing with massive problems. Usually in individual sports to be fair.

Morning papers gossip:

Mahrez to complete £75 million move to City with just agents fees to be agreed.
    City also looking at Seri as a cheaper alternative to Jorginho.

Liverpool to bid £15 million for Nick Pope.

Everton looking at signing Lindelof.

Real Madrid willing to pay £307 million for Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Jesus, a lot of darts at a wall there

retalivity wrote: »
    Jesus, a lot of darts at a wall there

Gotta sell those Sundays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

How much would Ronaldo go for if Real bought Neymar.No way Real could have both.
    If United bought Ronaldo then surely they would sell, Martial I am thinking.
    This summer could be wild yet.

https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/1005574480536768514

PSG in talks to sign Kante, €80 million should see a deal done.

FFP compliance doesn't seem to bother them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/1005574480536768514

PSG in talks to sign Kante, €80 million should see a deal done.

FFP compliance doesn't seem to bother them.

If Real are paying 40-50m above Neymars buy out clause it won't bother them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Psg sold a winger to Valencia for 50m too

Psg sold a winger to Valencia for 50m too

Who? Goncalo Guedes? He's only on loan isn't he?

• Advertisement

The stupidest part of that rumour is that €80m would get Kante..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Who? Goncalo Guedes? He's only on loan isn't he?

Yea him,loan last year,fee agreed for transfer, surprised that Valencia have that kinda cash

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1005750309715660800

"PSG's sanctions on FFP, to be announced officially on Tuesday, involve very strict implications for their transfer budget, according to the JDD."

Yea him,loan last year,fee agreed for transfer, surprised that Valencia have that kinda cash

Peter Lim owns Valencia,he’s worth a couple of Billion, I’m sure there is some “book balancing” going on allowing him to put money in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Faking injury, pulling out of a matchday squad without medical staffs permission, leaking a release clause while in a relegation battle.

Oh and stealing a taxi.

Professional player alright.

Nobody said he was a professional player. He said he was West Broms best player. Have you proof of him leaking the release clause?

Why would Chelsea sell Kante? Or has he hinted he wants to go?

I'm guessing this is just a nonsense story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nobody said he was a professional player. He said he was West Broms best player. Have you proof of him leaking the release clause?
    No, I'm not so well versed in West Broms affairs that I'm going to start compiling evidence to satisfy internet posters. Go ask West Brom fans what they think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Why would Chelsea sell Kante? Or has he hinted he wants to go?

I'm guessing this is just a nonsense story.

You'd think players would be feeling a little uneasy about where the club is at.

On the one hand, they might feel they're a good shout for a trophy, but the way they've yo-yoed over the past six or seven years and no sign of any stability in the future doesn't make the case for the club as somewhere to stay long term.

They're clearly still a huge attraction but once you're there, anyone could relate to how much it would affect your life to not know who's going to be in charge from one year to the next, or how the organisation will perform.

I don't see that confirmed anywhere, http://www.goal.com/en/news/goncalo-guedes-portugals-nxgn-starlet-enjoying-a-renaissance/tdqizbn613f01kqdr4r32ozcv

Goal.com saying they had a bid of €40m rejected but thats it. Would be surprised if Valencia were the only club interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement