Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I don't see that confirmed anywhere, http://www.goal.com/en/news/goncalo-guedes-portugals-nxgn-starlet-enjoying-a-renaissance/tdqizbn613f01kqdr4r32ozcv

Goal.com saying they had a bid of €40m rejected but thats it. Would be surprised if Valencia were the only club interested.

Ssn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1005899228667838466

An odd story this, Douglas Costa's signed for Juve and now City said to be bidding €100 million for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Juve paid €40m two days ago him now City offer €100m.

Money laundering crosses my mind when i see stuff like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Looks like Radja Nainggolan is close to joining Inter for 29M.

https://www.football-italia.net/122781/report-nainggolan-inter-done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Juve paid €40m two days ago him now City offer €100m.

Money laundering crosses my mind when i see stuff like that.

Claus in Costa's contract that he can't join an English club so city and juve strike up a deal, juve buy him, then city buy him for a ****load more so as to cover juve for any inconvenience caused.

Just speculating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Costa joined Juve on loan last year with an option to make it permanent for €40m this year, which was agreed last year, so Bayern had no option but to sell and Juve signed him knowing that they could sell him on for a profit as the market has changed since the price was agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

dor83 wrote: »
    Costa joined Juve on loan last year with an option to make it permanent for €40m this year, which was agreed last year, so Bayern had no option but to sell and Juve signed him knowing that they could sell him on for a profit as the market has changed since the price was agreed.

That makes sense to be fair. Certainly for a second I was there ...what!.

Do city need anymore attackers. Will someone like Bernado Silva left go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Nixonbot wrote: »
    No, I'm not so well versed in West Broms affairs that I'm going to start compiling evidence to satisfy internet posters. Go ask West Brom fans what they think.

Cool so just posting nothing without evidence or fact. Cool story bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

D.Silva will need replacing in the near future, Sterling too could find his place under pressure if he doesn't improve his finishing in a Pep team imho.

Definitely another spot for a wide attacker in that squad I'm sure and whats 100million to them?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cool so just posting nothing without evidence or fact. Cool story bro.

All I'm saying is that West Brom fans are far from happy with the guy this season, from what I've seen. What's your problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Douglas Costa is obviously good but he's not 100m good.

Sane will be a much better player over the next couple of seasons if not already.

Replacing Sterling could make more sense I guess but Sterling has shown big improvement under Pep, posted better stats than Costa this last season and is 4/5 years younger so in theory has a higher ceiling.

Either way I'd be happy to see City spend 100m on him because I don't think it's an area they are lacking really and the improvement to the overall side won't be too big.

Nice tidy profit for Juve, the sly dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I doubt City will spend £100m on a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its much the same as what happened with benik adobe the other week just on a much higher scale. Wolves had him on loan last year with an agreed purchase price of 10 million. They activated that clause and then immediately sold him onto stoke I think it was for 12 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Why did Douglas Costa agree to this arrangement? Juve may have had an option to buy him for £40m, but he didn't have to sign. Surely himself, Bayern and City could have come to an arrangement whereby the player gets more, Bayern get more and City pay less? Seems bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Former Wales and Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is going to Hebei China Fortune.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44431836

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Why did Douglas Costa agree to this arrangement? Juve may have had an option to buy him for £40m, but he didn't have to sign. Surely himself, Bayern and City could have come to an arrangement whereby the player gets more, Bayern get more and City pay less? Seems bizarre

Think you answered that yourself. Costa would be getting a nice chunk of that fee id say.

rob316 wrote: »
    Think you answered that yourself. Costa would be getting a nice chunk of that fee id say.

Yea absolutely, but why involve Juve at all? Surely there's scope for Bayer and Costa to get more, City pay less and Juve get nothing?

DenMan wrote: »
    Former Wales and Sunderland manager Chris Coleman is going to Hebei China Fortune.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44431836

I wonder will he be unlucky there like he was at Fulham, Coventry, Real Socidead, AEL and Sunderland, or will his real greatness be evident as it was with Wales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

D.Silva will need replacing in the near future, Sterling too could find his place under pressure if he doesn't improve his finishing in a Pep team imho.

Definitely another spot for a wide attacker in that squad I'm sure and whats 100million to them?

Sterling pretty much nailed on ,unless he regresses a lot.He had a brilliant season , definitely one of City best players this season and I don't think Costa would take his position.I don't think City would pay 100 mill for him aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I wonder will he be unlucky there like he was at Fulham, Coventry, Real Socidead, AEL and Sunderland, or will his real greatness be evident as it was with Wales?

I don't think he'll be there long enough to be honest. He's replacing Pellegrini whose gone to West Ham. He should have stayed at Sunderland and helped get them back up from the Championship. Then he'd be considered a good reliable manager instead of abandoning them once they went down. The Chinese won't stand for that kind of mentality if things go south for him over there. I'd like to see him succeed over there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

DenMan wrote: »
    I don't think he'll be there long enough to be honest. He's replacing Pellegrini whose gone to West Ham. He should have stayed at Sunderland and helped get them back up from the Championship. Then he'd be considered a good reliable manager instead of abandoning them once they went down. The Chinese won't stand for that kind of mentality if things go south for him over there. I'd like to see him succeed over there though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/29/chris-coleman-sackedd-manager-sunderland

He is was sacked as Sunderland coach, wasn't exactly given a choice in the matter!

I don't rate Coleman as a coach but anyone going to Sunderland would want their head checked at this stage. Basket case club in a spiral that will be very difficult to stop. Given how high his stock was after Wales, that was an appalling choice by Coleman, one that likely will preclude him from ever getting a top job in the UK ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleased to hear Vieira is taking over at Nice. Not an easy task following Favre but curious to see how he gets on. Also whether or not he can keep hold of the key players. He seems optimistic that he can convince Balotelli to stay for another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sterling pretty much nailed on ,unless he regresses a lot.He had a brilliant season , definitely one of City best players this season and I don't think Costa would take his position.I don't think City would pay 100 mill for him aswell.

He did, he had a brilliant season, but he also missed a lot of chances and Pep is pretty ruthless (in a good way) when it comes to what is best for the team. If Sterling improves his finishing he will be nailed on for a long time in that team, if not I can see him lose his place over the season if another wide attacker is brought in.

Why don't you think City would pay 100million for him? Money is no object, they have overpaid for players pretty regularly or at the very least for argument sake lets just say have no blinked at shelling out big fees for the players Pep has wanted.

I don't think the fee has got to be 100million but I do think Costa is a player Pep would like to add if the deal is right. I also think he has other players in mind that he will surely have no problem moving on to if a deal drags on too long for a 27 year old who isn't going to make or break your bid for a CL title.

Could obviously just be a shot in the dark by a journalist playing on the players history with Pep (it was Pep brought him to Bayern wasn't it?)

Long story short, I do think Sterling had a brilliant season, I do think he was one of Citys better players. I still think he is vulnerable if he doesn't improve his finishing and there is space for another wide attacker to give him competition in the squad.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Raul Jiminez to join Wolves on loan with an option to buy from Benfica.
    Initial £4.5 million loan fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pleased to hear Vieira is taking over at Nice. Not an easy task following Favre but curious to see how he gets on. Also whether or not he can keep hold of the key players. He seems optimistic that he can convince Balotelli to stay for another season.

Did you see the footage of his game with nycfc where he was mic'd up. It's class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Raul Jiminez to join Wolves on loan with an option to buy from Benfica.
    Initial £4.5 million loan fee.

Mendez2.jpg

The current Spain boss is to become manager of Real Madrid after the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The current Spain boss is to become manager of Real Madrid after the World Cup.

Lopetegui, such a spelling tongue twister his name need not be posted :o
    On a semi related note I was watching Sky Sports News last night and the St. Mirren owner had claimed Guti had applied for the job but was not considered cause he is a big name

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lopetegui was about to become Wolves manager in 2016, just before Spain hired him. Funny thing football, Wolves ended up with Paul Lambert instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Lopetegui is a good appointment imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is going on with Greizmann?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Same as last summer, he’s happy enough being the big fish at Atletico but he’s keeping as high a profile as possible by flirting with bigger teams. He might move, but he likely won’t. It’s working wonders for him in terms of marketability and sponsorships, if he never opened his mouth about leaving he wouldn’t be nearly as famous as he is with more casual football fans, as talented as he is.

That’s just how I’m reading the situation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

His buyout is 200 million now & 100 million on July 1st. Unless he signs a new deal before then will we figure out what's going on after his buyout halves.

Lemar to Atletico clearly suggests a domino effect could begin soon. Would Griezmann go to Real or to Barcelona? If so who'll be moving on, if Barca might that see Dembele move. If Real is that the chance for Bale to move to the Prem/Utd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He won't be going to real. Aguero swap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

He won't be going to real. Aguero swap?

Could be alot of teams in fairness.Id say if any were it will be Barca he(Greziman) will go and Dembele to City.Neymar to Real and Ronaldo to PSG.Bale might not go anywhere or might go to United.
    This is all guess work but I think I wont be far wrong with that.If Hazard is in the mix then could be an absolute fortune spent this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lemar to Atletico clearly suggests a domino effect could begin soon. Would Griezmann go to Real or to Barcelona? If so who'll be moving on, if Barca might that see Dembele move. If Real is that the chance for Bale to move to the Prem/Utd?

Unless Atletico have others in their squad capable of replacing Griezmann, why would them signing a left winger in Lemar change anything with the Griezmann situation?

• Advertisement

Unless Atletico have others in their squad capable of replacing Griezmann, why would them signing a left winger in Lemar change anything with the Griezmann situation?

They don’t have a natural Left winger in their squad atm, they have Vitolo back, and Correa who both play on the right, where Griezmann can play too. Griezmann playing off the front man mostly. If he moves they will probably move Correa in there behind Costa and have Vitolo out in the right and Lemar on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

astradave wrote: »
    They don’t have a natural Left winger in their squad atm, they have Vitolo back, and Correa who both play on the right, where Griezmann can play too. Griezmann playing off the front man mostly. If he moves they will probably move Correa in there behind Costa and have Vitolo out in the right and Lemar on the left.

Fair enough so, Lemar at 60m could well be a steal

Some talk about Cavini as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What the hell is gooing on with Afobe ?? wolves signed him for 10 million a week ago - now they want to sell him, and have loaned him to Stoke :confused::confused:

Lemar's best position isn't on the wing, he's an attacking mid IMO.

Amazing that this is even possible. A six month loan with an obligation to buy is massively dodgy in some way or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Amazing that this is even possible. A six month loan with an obligation to buy is massively dodgy in some way or other.

as its off season - he could hardly have fallen out with manager or team mates - very strange

What's more the fee will supposedly remain undisclosed. Well that's not even possible in the end as all the accounts have to filed.

That's some Italian league transfer nonsense right there.

Wolves had a first option to buy him for 10m after his loan, so when they found out Stoke wanted to buy him they took up their option so they could sell at a profit, think the loan move is more to do with Stokes finances or accounts, might be better for them to be getting the money in January.

I’m not sure about the 2 permanent moves, I’m pretty sure the UEFA rule is you cannot play for 3 different teams in one season. The off season is a different matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Arsenal agree deals for Torreira and Sokratis according to the Guardian/BBC

• Advertisement
Advertisement