Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Arsenal looking at Sokratis. Trying to make some money thru their club shop, Lacazette, Aubameyang and now Pap.. Papa... Sokratis

https://twitter.com/eaamalyon/status/996664732135362560?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/996680437086015488

"Leicester closing in on £25m deal for Porto right back Ricardo Pereira".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sokratis may command a decent wage.

Ozil 29 on 300k a week long term deak. Mkhitaryan 29 150k a week long term deal.
    Aubameyang 29 200k plus 15 million bonus.

Arsenal continue to not make top 4 & they will struggle.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sokratis may command a decent wage.

Ozil 29 on 300k a week long term deak. Mkhitaryan 29 150k a week long term deal.
    Aubameyang 29 200k plus 15 million bonus.

Arsenal continue to not make top 4 & they will struggle.

According to the football leaks last week Mkhi is due a raise to either 210k or 240k(can’t remember) for the coming season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Have a feeling Kane will be the big transfer this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More likely Alli will leave Spurs this summer before Kane I would think myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is this thread just like a tabloid paper or the BBC Gossip column.

Each post will be about a player going here, there.

If we look back at it, I would say maybe 5% of predictions will be right.

So, do you want to hear mine?

OK then.

I think the biggest move this summer will be Hazard to Real Madrid. They'll probably get a big name keeper too, but maybe not De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Not a chance of this happening IMO

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is this thread just like a tabloid paper or the BBC Gossip column.

Each post will be about a player going here, there.

If we look back at it, I would say maybe 5% of predictions will be right.

So, do you want to hear mine?

OK then.

I think the biggest move this summer will be Hazard to Real Madrid. They'll probably get a big name keeper too, but maybe not De Gea.

Well basically like links, reports and tweets as you wouldn’t really be posting anything until a club confirms it otherwise.. we had one last summer and in January, it’s more to keep our transfer muppet minds occupied when no Football, I’m sure it won’t really be busy when the WC is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

KingdomYid wrote: »

Why not? Real need a goalscorer as Ronaldo's impact starts to reduce, they are the most obvious candidate. If they come in big, it's hard to imagine Levy wouldn't consider it.

But I think it depends on him. Not sure he'd agitate for a move...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's rare a 30 goal a season striker stays in a club not winning anything or looking like winning anything ,anymore than 2-3 seasons . He's English though so it may be different with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wouldn't be so sure that Bale will head back to EPL.
    Personally if I was involved at Real Madrid I'd be hanging on to him, and playing him more.

He probably needs to move from Spurs to further his career.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Why not? Real need a goalscorer as Ronaldo's impact starts to reduce, they are the most obvious candidate. If they come in big, it's hard to imagine Levy wouldn't consider it.

But I think it depends on him. Not sure he'd agitate for a move...

That is it exactly, bottom line is Harry does not want to go anywhere yet. He wants to lead Spurs out at the new stadium. I would be extremely shocked if he did not start next season in a Spurs shirt.

It's rare a 30 goal a season striker stays in a club not winning anything or looking like winning anything ,anymore than 2-3 seasons . He's English though so it may be different with him

Shearer stayed at Newcastle because he was a Geordie, Harry is a Spurs boy (wait for all the usual he is Arsenal rubbish) and wants to break Jimmy Greaves' goalscoring record. I do recognise he will eventually want medals which hopefully Spurs can provide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shearer stayed at Newcastle because he was a Geordie, Harry is a Spurs boy (wait for all the usual he is Arsenal rubbish) and wants to break Jimmy Greaves' goalscoring record. I do recognise he will eventually want medals which hopefully Spurs can provide.

Unless Spurs break the bank or start winning trophies I can't see Kane staying long enough to break Greaves record.
    Will he stay for at least 3 more seasons it would take at least that based on his average GS over the last few seasons.
    Wont leave this summer anyways imo.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Unless Spurs break the bank or start winning trophies I can't see Kane staying long enough to break Greaves record.
    Will he stay for at least 3 more seasons it would take at least that based on his average GS over the last few seasons.
    Wont leave this summer anyways imo.

Yes being realistic, his wage will have to be seriously upped for that to happen. I just can't see him going this summer, will reassess my opinion next June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Transfer summer is the highlight of my year to be honest :D

Hazard to somewhere looks certain, Spurs will lose at least one of Alli/Eriksen/Kane in the next two summer windows unless they take a big step forward.

Transfer summer is the highlight of my year to be honest :D

Hazard to somewhere looks certain, Spurs will lose at least one of Alli/Eriksen/Kane in the next two summer windows unless they take a big step forward.

Yeah not the upcoming CL final for ya, just the will he won’t he move for Fekir :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

If you want big transfers look no further than Hazard & Salah

• Advertisement

If you want big transfers look no further than Hazard & Salah

You mean last summer? Cause Salah isn't moving this summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Real Madrid always go big after the world cup , I do think it's cute the Liverpool and Spurs lads on here so precious about Salah and Kane if real madrid really want them , they'll take them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/996680437086015488

"Leicester closing in on £25m deal for Porto right back Ricardo Pereira".

I think he'd be an excellent signing. Was hugely impressive at Nice last season and I had him in my team of the season. He played well against the big sides. Don't watch Portuguese football but from what I gather he's been just as good at Porto.

L'Equipe are reporting that PSG are very interested in Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He's been linked with Juventus and Man United as well. I feel he fits the profile of someone Mourinho would love to have. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Real Madrid always go big after the world cup , I do think it's cute the Liverpool and Spurs lads on here so precious about Salah and Kane if real madrid really want them , they'll take them

They are right in a way as they could ask any price for either of them with their contract situations.
    I never imagined Liverpool would get what we asked for when Barca went for Coutinho so I can imagine the price for Salah would make Madrid think twice & go for Neymar who would also bring the cache of putting one over Barca.
    Kane then is worth far more to Spurs than he would be to Madrid who would probably go for Mbappe instead if Kane's price stayed rising.
    PSG is probably in less of a position to negotiate as they probably couldn't turn down big bids as they have to justify their figures.
    L'Equipe are reporting that PSG are very interested in Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. He's been linked with Juventus and Man United as well. I feel he fits the profile of someone Mourinho would love to have. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

He's the closest thing you could find to another Pogba so not sure Mourinho & him would be a match made in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Spurs are discovering the inevitable budget overrun though that comes from financing your own build. Given they are projected by some sources to overrun by as much as half a billion on their new build, if they aren't forced into selling one of their stars this Summer to service the stadium debt it'll be a bloomin miracle! I've seen calculations estimate it could cost them as much as £45m per annum after the additional revenues the stadium generates have been taken into account.

They'll take them? You want to tell Klopp that?
    Salah has been bounced around for 5 years, he's finally found his place, and he's loving it. And he's a very humble guy, he's not about to start throwing toys out looking for a move. He could be a CL winner in 10 days, FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

They want Neymar or Mbappe before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Salah has been bounced around for 5 years, he's finally found his place, and he's loving it. And he's a very humble guy, he's not about to start throwing toys out looking for a move. He could be a CL winner in 10 days, FFS!

All things being equal, no one wants to live in Liverpool when they could be living in Madrid.

Salah's been in Florence, Rome and London over the last few years. Irrespective of how well things are going on the pitch, I can't see Liverpool being a significant draw for him

LiamoSail wrote: »
    All things being equal, no one wants to live in Liverpool when they could be living in Madrid.

Salah's been in Florence, Rome and London over the last few years. Irrespective of how well things are going on the pitch, I can't see Liverpool being a significant draw for him

I am not talking geographical, I am talking the club, manager, players, fans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dam ending just before it starts.Will be interesting to see how the muslim players fair at the WC due to Rama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

dam ending just before it starts.Will be interesting to see how the muslim players fair at the WC due to Rama

That was a challenging sentence ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No chance of Salah leaving this year imo. If he has another year like this, sure, but not this year.

LiamoSail wrote: »

Hey Chester and Southport are very nice. Madrid does not have the Open every five years or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You and Mo chat regularly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He has history, remember he was all set to join Liverpool before and went yo Chelsea instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Are you related to Toby?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Any sensible Muslim footballer would forego the fasting during a work cup year I’d imagine. Many skip it when it clashes with the regular season

Lukker- wrote: »
    Any sensible Muslim footballer would forego the fasting during a work cup year I’d imagine. Many skip it when it clashes with the regular season

It's not a new thing so I'd say they'll be just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there may be interest in Salah from Madrid, but given his form and everything he has said (publicly) I don't see there being any real chance of Madrid signing him this summer.

I'dsay Kane may well stay where he is for one more season at least. I think what Tottenham do over the summer and next season will determin how long he stays at Spurs for. They need a proper title challenge, imo.

• Advertisement

If Madrid or Barca want any player that plays in the PL they will get them.

Unless a broken fax gets in the way.

Looks like Jorginho to Ciy is practically done..

https://twitter.com/claudioruss/status/997066537176416256?s=21

astradave wrote: »
    Looks like Jorginho to Ciy is practically done..

https://twitter.com/claudioruss/status/997066537176416256?s=21

Sportwitness go through the deal.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/997082549104111616

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Madrid or Barca want any player that plays in the PL they will get them.

Unless a broken fax gets in the way.

Disagree, not Salah and not Kane, not this summer at least. Maybe in the future, but I don't see either player moving this summer.

Emre Can to be announced as a Juventus player after CL final.

yabadabado wrote: »
    You and Mo chat regularly?

Yeh, every Salahday...

• Advertisement

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Don't see Kane or Salah moving this summer, potentially next year or two. Could see Hazard leaving if Chelsea don't invest or Madrid finally coming to claim DDG.

DDG, Pogba, Hazard, Kane or Alli & Morata would be the the big movers out of the PL I would think myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Don't see Kane moving this summer

I think Kane would love to have a season at Spurs' new stadium but if he lights up the World Cup I can see R. Madrid coming in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Spurs are discovering the inevitable budget overrun though that comes from financing your own build. Given they are projected by some sources to overrun by as much as half a billion on their new build, if they aren't forced into selling one of their stars this Summer to service the stadium debt it'll be a bloomin miracle! I've seen calculations estimate it could cost them as much as £45m per annum after the additional revenues the stadium generates have been taken into account.

OK lets just assume for a minute that this isn't the utter bollox that it is (I am not going to go through the additional revenue from tickets, hospitality, merchandising' naming rights, NFL receipts and other sponsorships, ye can have a shot at it yourselves). In 2017 Spurs made a profit before exceptional items and Depreciation of £117M. In 2016 the figure was £63M. To the financially retarded that means Spurs could have financed an extra £45M in the last two years and would have still have had a cash surplus £90M over those two years. All that cash has been invested in the stadium (£315M spent on the stadium at June 17 - Cash less borrowings £14M).

• Advertisement
Advertisement