Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

Mr.H wrote: »
    Can the second club legally register the player without consent from the former club? I take it UEFA would be the ones managing it rater than fifa

Don't know but think that would be far more likely to present an obstacle than legal action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1008634115028025344

Reports that a deal is agreed for Jorginho to City. €53 million and bonuses.

https://twitter.com/fraporzio95/status/1008685450356318208

Napoli ask Arsenal for Cech on loan.

https://twitter.com/Ultra_Suristic/status/1008469281942712331

Di Marzio:
    Allison to Madrid almost a done deal.

Hazard in a thinly veiled "come and make an offer" interview piece about Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Patricio joins Wolves on a 4 year deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wolves are looking a bit like a EL level side which is bad news for someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Patricio joins Wolves on a 4 year deal.

Another Mendes client, will be interesting to see if Lisbon look to block the move or seek compensation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wolves are looking a bit like a EL level side which is bad news for someone!

I already got great odds on them to finish in the top 6, they’re constantly getting shorter. It probably won’t happen this season, but it definitely isn’t out of the question with Arsenal rebuilding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Antoine Griezemans decision to sign a contract extension at Athletico could have an interesting and significant impact on the likelihood of other major transfers happening this Summer.
    It had looked as if he was definitely heading to Barca after pr***teasing Man Utd last Summer.
    Now Barca will probably be in the market for a different attacker who can play from the right or centrally.
    Man Utd are also in the market for a similarly positioned player so we could see a bidding war emerge with both clubs chasing someone who excels at the WC for example.
    There will also be knock on effects as other clubs may well have been hoping to sell a decent player to Athletico to replace Griezeman had he moved to Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looks like Leno to Arsenal going ahead, wonder who will leave
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44533207 

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1009057776885207040

Issa Diop has now signed a 5-year contract with West Ham United. (RMC)

SSN BREAKING: James Maddison is expected to be confirmed as a Leicester City player later today in a deal worth £22m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SSN BREAKING: James Maddison is expected to be confirmed as a Leicester City player later today in a deal worth £22m.

Pity Maddison is joining vardy and co. Great player and will surely excel in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A good move for Maddison, Leicester are a decent side and should be top 10.I'm not sure he is ready for any higher than that at the moment.

Will get plenty of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Leicester making some good signings.

Perreira at RB,Maddison AM, Evans CB. They will lose Mahrez but could have a decent side next season.

Mahrez will be a loss but his fee will help them get a few good signings, like they have done so far.
    Another 2 or 3 signings should see them in gold shape next season.

Jay Rodriguez expected to join Burnley for £20m

Bad news for Walters (and Wells) possibly Vokes aswell. Wonder if Walters will get another year at the top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He did well at times last season but this is one of those transfers that shows 20 million doesn't get you a lot these days in England.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    He did well at times last season but this is one of those transfers that shows 20 million doesn't get you a lot these days in England.

He's English so probably has a £4 - 5m homegrown tax slapped on top of his normal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ERG89 wrote: »

Ya, 20m is no value in England, sure Leicester spent that on an a guy from Norwich who had one good season in the Championship.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, 20m is no value in England, sure Leicester spent that on an a guy from Norwich who had one good season in the Championship.

I rather spend that money on Maddison than Rodriguez. It's a risk but Maddison looked excellent at times last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a good signing for west ham there

a good signing for west ham there

Just got Fabianski aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Just got Fabianski aswell.

just saw that as well, a decent back and a keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Am I wrong in thinking West Ham always seem to have decent transfer windows but then none of it comes together on the pitch?

correction wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking West Ham always seem to have decent transfer windows but then none of it comes together on the pitch?

It does feel that way, maybe
    the current manager has a plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

They definitely got an awful lot of praise last summer after the signings of Hart (perceived then to be an experienced GK), Hernandez (a proven goalscorer) and Arnautovic (a creative but unpredictable player). I don't recall the reaction to Zabaleta but I remember thinking it was nuts and then adding Evra and Hugill in January was clearly a mistake.

Of them all, only Arnautovic was a success.

So far, Ryan Fredericks, Lukasz Fabianski and Issa Diop all make sense. But it wouldn't be the first time saying that about West Ham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

yabadabado wrote: »
    I rather spend that money on Maddison than Rodriguez. It's a risk but Maddison looked excellent at times last season.

Ya, you're buying potential in that regard but the TV money has skewed transfers in England massively and it has seen players go for 3 or 4 times what they would have 2 years back.

I know, its not going to change but you're going to seriously struggle to find a good player for sub 20m in this market, unless you're buying a guy in the last year of his contract or you buy a player based on his potential.

I think Monaco spent about €20m on a 16 year old from Lyon too, couple that with Real Madrid paying €45m for Vinicius Junior last year (joining this July) as well as spending another €45m on Rodrygo recently (joining next July), football valuations, even for potential, has gone through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bad news for Walters (and Wells) possibly Vokes aswell. Wonder if Walters will get another year at the top level.[/QUO
    Thats a great signing for Burnley. He was excellent in his previous spell there gives them a bit more pace in attack aswell. Can play up top or off the left. Walters has supposedly been told he can go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Emre Can finally about to sign for Juventus

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1009715165640777728

Emre Can finally about to sign for Juventus

That's not Can, it's clearly Khedira ;)

Tadic has joined Ajax from Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Fred deal finalized officially, work permit has come through

5 year contract with an option of an extra year.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Tadic has joined Ajax from Southampton.

Surprised by that one. Thought he'd end up at Liverpool at one point. Last season wasn't a great one but even still, I thought he'd stick with the saints a bit longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Surprised by that one. Thought he'd end up at Liverpool at one point.

Wouldn't be like Liverpool to sign a Southampton player..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wouldn't be like Liverpool to sign a Southampton player..

I look forward to the triple unveiling of Bertrand, Ward Prowse and Shane Long after the World Cup ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Funes Mori gone to Villarreal tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There hasn't been a player so far in the WC that has really stood out and put themselves in the shop window for a big move.

The beat players so far have been established ones like Modric, Rakitic and Isco, who are already at big clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

NIMAN wrote: »
    There hasn't been a player so far in the WC that has really stood out and put themselves in the shop window for a big move.

The beat players so far have been established ones like Modric, Rakitic and Isco, who are already at big clubs.

He's only had 1 game so far but I think Hirving Lozano of Mexico and PSV could come out of this as a star.

correction wrote:
    He's only had 1 game so far but I think Hirving Lozano of Mexico and PSV could come out of this as a star.

Him & Golovin stand out. Both I had heard about as Lozano won the Eridivise & Juve were looking at Golovin pre tournament. Both were seen as the key men for their national side.
    Hard for players to appear from nowhere these days, every country has a player seen as their "Messi" now even the likes of Iran & Tunisia which is a bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I've been impressed by Cheryshev as well this tournament.

He was highly regarded before the tournament.
    Everton were linked to him,Brands was supposed to be keen on him since they were at PSV together.A few good performances would most likely see a few bigger names interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Trippier has looked v.good so far, also big man Carvallho for Portugal has looked very tidy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Trippier has looked v.good so far, also big man Carvallho for Portugal has looked very tidy.

The bouncer?

He's not the most mobile. He looks like a guy who dandered on to the football pitch by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

The bouncer?

He's not the most mobile. He looks like a guy who dandered on to the football pitch by mistake.

Doesnt need to be in that team, his close control of the ball and little passes in tight spaces is very good.

Harambe wrote: »
    I've been impressed by Cheryshev as well this tournament.

Agree, would be a perfectly good wide attacker for er Liverpool from the bench or rotation option (was linked 3 years back when he'd have been a deffo starter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

AidoEirE wrote: »

One of the Sporting free transfers as well is Carvalho

He'll have one hell of a signing on fee wherever he ends up if Portugal go far, very nearly signed for West Ham last summer so being a free transfer you'd have to imagine he'll end up somewhere better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Roma have signed pastore from psg.

Be exciting to see how kulivert jr does there and santon is a solid signing too

Roma have signed pastore from psg.

Be exciting to see how kulivert jr does there and santon is a solid signing too

Also the young cm they got along with Santon.He is very highly rated but more one for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danny Ings has decided to look for a move from Liverpool. Tough decision, but wants to play regularly. Lots of clubs will be interested. Liverpool would be happy for him to stay. @TimesSport

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1011564743058968576?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Still only 25. Wonder would Burnley have any interest in taking him back?

There was talk of a 20m move to someone in January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement