Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

They'll need to sign big now for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Presumably Kovacic will fetch 50m and perhaps Benzema will get another 50m or so. James will probably leave for another 50m or so. 250m will definitely get one of Neymar/Mbappe/Salah, 200m probably enough. The 200m paid for Neymar last year was insanity and there's no real indication that prices this summer will be as crazy as last summer. That'll get your landmark signing.

Another 100m or so for one of Kane/Hazard and then another 100m for De Gea doesn't leave them too steep in the red.

Kane and Hazard would cost more than that I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Presumably Kovacic will fetch 50m and perhaps Benzema will get another 50m or so. James will probably leave for another 50m or so. 250m will definitely get one of Neymar/Mbappe/Salah, 200m probably enough. The 200m paid for Neymar last year was insanity and there's no real indication that prices this summer will be as crazy as last summer. That'll get your landmark signing.

Another 100m or so for one of Kane/Hazard and then another 100m for De Gea doesn't leave them too steep in the red.

Kane just signed a new 5 year contract. If Real wanted him Daniel Levy would take them to the cleaners. Real would be playing in their underpants in a Lidl carpark after selling everything they owned to get Levy to blink.

Great signing for Juventus if they can get 3 good seasons from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Kane just signed a new 5 year contract. If Real wanted him Daniel Levy would take them to the cleaners. Real would be playing in their underpants in a Lidl carpark after selling everything they owned to get Levy to blink.

Definitely rules out the Neymar signing then. He wouldn’t last five minutes diving on concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Great signing for Juventus if they can get 3 good seasons from him.

This is it. If Juventus win a Champions League over the next few years with Ronaldo, then the fee will be irrelevant.

Besides, when it comes to Juventus signing players over 30, they know what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Angus Gunn joins Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I had it in my mind he would go back to SCP
    ... then again, he may still before he retires

Not a great time to do that right now.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Kane and Hazard would cost more than that I'd imagine

Don't really think Hazard would.

There's a certain volume of goals expected in attacking players now that are needed to keep pace with Barca most seasons. He hasn't really delivered that. Less than 1 in 3 is a bit on the mortal end of things.
    In comparison, Bale, who's held together with bits of twigs and duct tape, is just shy of 1 in 2.

He's also not at an age where the value of the transfer can be spread out, and he's been at Chelsea long enough to kick up a stink and force a move.
    I'd imagine he'll be in and around the Coutinho sort of bracket rather than world record territory.

Kane, would again probably be about 250m before anyone even paid attention to a bid.

Hazard to Madrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

105 millions for Ronaldo at 33 is a bargain, especially when you can resell him for 180 millions to Shangai Shenhua F.C. in 2023 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Barcelona in Paris trying to sign Rabiot.

https://twitter.com/hashim0307/status/1016792369528758277

"Sarri could sign for Chelsea tomorrow, let's see if they move for Higuain."

More talk of them hijacking the Jorginho deal too.

PSG buy Messi now to make another point to Barca :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DiMarzio posting about that.. seems something in it anyways

https://twitter.com/davidamoyal/status/1016794378038337537?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,629 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bale to MU or Chelsea?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bale to MU or Chelsea?

I think it will be more Bale to lead the line at Real for one more season at least. If he doesn’t step up they will move him on next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

JaMarcus wrote: »

Besides, when it comes to Juventus signing players over 30, they know what they're doing.

And given their history of links to dodgy doctors and 'sports science' techniques, they can ensure he continues to get stronger and faster well into his late 30's..... Unbelievable Jeff!

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1016799903933259782

Liverpool have opened talks to sign Shakiri. £13 million release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And given their history of links to dodgy doctors and 'sports science' techniques, they can ensure he continues to get stronger and faster well into his late 30's..... Unbelievable Jeff!

some would say that maybe Real Madrid and Ronnie himself are already experts in this field and have nothing to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can he play in goals?
    Serious question. :o

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can he play in goals?
    Serious question. :o

Monchi stated today that Roma will listen to offers for Alisson so there might be moves on that front from ye

Like when Bale moved to Madrid and put on 2 stone of muscle over the summer, insisting that he didn't change his training routine or start lifting weights.

Gotta start drinking that Madrid tap water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1016799903933259782

At that price he would be a great signing, with the amount of creative players Liverpool have he won't see a blade of grass, but still a bargain for some squad fodder.

I wonder will Liverpool start looking at Butland/Hart/Forster to "compete" with Karius. Allison was too expensive for them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I wonder will Liverpool start looking at Butland/Hart/Forster to "compete" with Karius. Allison was too expensive for them.

Why waste £30m on keepers who are not an improvement on what we already have?

It's either buy someone who is markedly better or give Ward a shot.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why waste £30m on keepers who are not an improvement on what we already have?

It's either buy someone who is markedly better or give Ward a shot.

I'd have thought Forster/Hart would only cost half that tbh and be therefore in the same range as Shaqiri.

I'd have thought Forster/Hart would only cost half that tbh and be therefore in the same range as Shaqiri.

Forster and Hart are no better than karius tbh, much of a muchness and definitely not worth pi55ing away 20 odd million like that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Forster and Hart are no better than karius tbh, much of a muchness and definitely not worth pi55ing away 20 odd million like that.
    On last season's showing I'd say Forster and Hart are worse than Karius, I can't see Liverpool having the faintest interest in them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Forester hasn't been the same since he got injured. Hart is a shambles.

Klopp will have a target, whether he gets him this summer is hard to know. It could be similar to VVD and wait for his man and not settle for someone else.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    some would say that maybe Real Madrid and Ronnie himself are already experts in this field and have nothing to learn.

.... and I would be one of those people.

Re Liverpool, forster/Hart are no better than Karius. No point spending 20 million for more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Forster and Hart both got benched by mid-table clubs last season. Both would be a significant downgrade on Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd rather not spunk 50 mill on alisson either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone at Chelsea told Conte he is getting replaced?

Bad form just sack the man and pay him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Jorginho does join Chelsea where does that leave Kante?

Off to PSG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Foster signed for Watford there recently I think. Hart will be lucky to get a championship club let alone a premier league one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

astradave wrote: »
    Disappointing if the player has had a change of heart, preferring to live in London over Manchester (and that's ignoring the manager factor). I was hoping we'd land him, but hey ho. If his heart is set on Chelsea, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Foster signed for Watford there recently I think. Hart will be lucky to get a championship club let alone a premier league one.

Forster not Foster.

If Jorginho does join Chelsea where does that leave Kante?

Off to PSG?

What? Because they play the same roles?

Jorginho is a deep lying playmaker, Kante is a DM/B2B.

If you want to look how Napoli lined up last season, Jorginho will be in the middle pulling the strings/resisting the block. Kante will be where Allan was either side, pressing, cutting off passing lanes and being annoying. One of Golovin/Fabregas/RLC will be in the Hamsik role which is a bit of a more advanced playmaker/B2B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

blueser wrote: »
    Disappointing if the player has had a change of heart, preferring to live in London over Manchester (and that's ignoring the manager factor). I was hoping we'd land him, but hey ho. If his heart is set on Chelsea, so be it.

Surely if Sarri is about to become the next Chelsea manager that will have also been a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lukker- wrote: »
    Like when Bale moved to Madrid and put on 2 stone of muscle over the summer, insisting that he didn't change his training routine or start lifting weights.

Gotta start drinking that Madrid tap water

Could you find a link which shows he insists he didn't start lifting weights ?

Only way that's true is the word "start". He's lifted weights all his career. As have the vast majority of players

Could you find a link which shows he insists he didn't start lifting weights ?

Only way that's true is the word "start". He's lifted weights all his career. As have the vast majority of players
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/gareth-bale-truth-behind-my-muscle-gain

Surely if Sarri is about to become the next Chelsea manager that will have also been a factor.
    I did actually mention the manager issue in my post, intimating that it was another factor which could sway the player towards Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

*specsavers*

blueser wrote: »
    I did actually mention the manager issue in my post, intimating that it was another factor which could sway the player towards Chelsea.

In fairness I took that as “who wouldn’t want to play for pep” kinda :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    Jean Michel Seri going to FULHAM!!

Very random, considering he was heavily linked with Arsenal & Barcelona last summer.
    Ludo wrote: »
    No...not confirmed at all. Just a twitter rumour for now by Gianluca Di Marzio
    Pter wrote: »
    Ah ffs :D

Officially signed now ;)

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1017341291607121920

FitzShane wrote: »

He looks delighted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seri almost signed for Barcelona last summer.

F*cking hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Seri almost signed for Barcelona last summer.

From Messi to Mitrovic. He must hate Nice right now.

astradave wrote: »
    In fairness I took that as “who wouldn’t want to play for pep” kinda :D
    Well; that as well, obviously.
    ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement