Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Leonardo Bonucci has told Gattuso he wants to leave A.C, Milan.

Where do we reckon he ends up?

He left Juventus last season because of problems with Allegri and stayed in Italy because his kid was very ill and recieving treatment in Milan.

His kid is on the mend now so he's free to move over seas.

Would be a damned fine addition to any team.

Reports that he could be on his way back to Juve in Italy this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

astradave wrote: »
    Reports that he could be on his way back to Juve in Italy this morning

Not sure he'd start in that Juve team now to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

justshane wrote:
    Not sure he'd start in that Juve team now to be honest.

He'd have been first name on the team sheet before last season. He was dealing with an ill child so it's very likely it affected him on the field too. You cannot call his career over because of one season, especially with what was going on in his personal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Leonardo Bonucci has told Gattuso he wants to leave A.C, Milan. Would be a damned fine addition to any team.

He was very poor last year at Milan so I wouldn't say he'd be great for any team. Didn't improve their defence when they played a back 5 or 4. He'll end up at a team like PSG. For Milan I'd rather he leave for the money spent on him if its possible, keep Romagnoli who is on less money and performing far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tom Ince has left Huddersfield for Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Joao Moutinho set to go to Wolves. They could surely save time at this stage by just relocating Molineux to Lisbon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

5m is an absolute steal. Although I think it may warrant an investigation on how Mendes is getting all these Portuguese players on cut price deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    5m is an absolute steal. Although I think it may warrant an investigation on how Mendes is getting all these Portuguese players on cut price deals.

That man has fingers in many pies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Going to be fascinating watching Wolves this season, if they get it right one of the so called Big 6 could get caught out re Europe.

Wolves seem to think homegrown means from the same nation as the manager moreso than English :pac:

Wolves are also set to sign wing back Jonny on loan (once he joins Atletico first). Not great news for Doherty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tom Ince has left Huddersfield for Stoke

A Championship player, he should do well there.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wolves seem to think homegrown means from the same nation as the manager moreso than English :pac:

Wolves are also set to sign wing back Jonny on loan (once he joins Atletico first). Not great news for Doherty.

He offers great protection alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Going to be fascinating watching Wolves this season, if they get it right one of the so called Big 6 could get caught out re Europe.

Wolves are your second team aren't they? Must be an exciting time for you lot right now, more so than last time in the premier league even?

I'm a big fan of Ruben Neves so keep an eye on wolves the last year, there is a danger they could take time to gel but if they get it right I think they will have a very good run at getting into Europe this season. Some talented guys in that team now with a good manager.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Another great move by Os Lobos Wolves, definitely looking good for a top 8 finish this season, if not top 6.

Wolves are your second team aren't they? Must be an exciting time for you lot right now, more so than last time in the premier league even?

They used to be but I got told off for having one, so I dropped them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Don't see Wolves getting anywhere near the top 6 tbh. They've bought well on paper but there's still a huge gap in squad quality between them and the top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anything around mid table is a very good season for Wolves.Cant see them really pushing for top 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think Wolves have as good a shot at finishing 7th as anyone else from outside the top 6. There really wasn't a big gap in quality between most of those sides last season and it's hard to know if any of them will really push on and nail down the slot as 'best of the rest'.

Everton maybe? West Ham have had a good window (on paper), Burnley could repeat their trick but might suffer with extra European games. Newcastle and Bournemouth haven't addressed their weaknesses yet, Palace are arguably worse with the loss of Loftus-Cheek and no outfield additions (yet). Southampton bought well but still don't look like they've got many goals in the side, Watford are still unpredictable. Leicester may struggle to replace Mahrez's creativity...

Not saying Wolves won't have issues too - some players may just not step up and gelling that many new lads could be tough - but there's arguments to be made for and against basically everyone!! I reckon it could be a very congested group again. All it would take is a run of form to separate one from the rest, or some bad injuries or luck to send you the other direction.

Ya I cant see Dyche and Burnley pulling off another miracle and finishing top 7.

If anyone does want to threaten the current top 6 theyre going to need about 65 points to do so, thats no small feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya I cant see Dyche and Burnley pulling off another miracle and finishing top 7.

If anyone does want to threaten the current top 6 theyre going to need about 65 points to do so, thats no small feat.

Their squad is bottom 7 it was a miracle where they finished last year. Dyche will have to get the absolute maximum out of them again something he is brilliant at to keep them away from trouble.

• Advertisement

I cant see Burnley putting any effort into Europe. I assume Dyche will keep focus on the league and just take whatever euro prize money as a bonus.

Roma announce Swedish Keeper Olsen in the most Roma way possible

https://twitter.com/asromaen/status/1021800573488644096?s=21

Would have loved to see what they had in store for Malcom, probably some Malcolm in the middle joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Moutinho to Wolves confirmed - Wolves played great football last season - Nuno Santos is a top manager

Would have loved to see what they had in store for Malcom, probably some Malcolm in the middle joke
    I fcukin love that twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Richarlison to everton confirmed - 40 mill - a lot of money , but everton do need that type of player - pace and skill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebaz wrote: »
    Richarlison to everton confirmed - 40 mill - a lot of money , but everton do need that type of player - pace and skill

Thought it was meant to be less? Or is the 40 including add-ons?

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1021795161746096128?s=19

Makes more sense than Willian but I really don't understand why Barca spend so much on their attack & ignore their midfield. Malcom in to give company to Dembele wondering why they were bought.

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1021795161746096128?s=19

Makes more sense than Willian but I really don't understand why Barca spend so much on their attack & ignore their midfield. Malcom in to give company to Dembele wondering why they were bought.

Well now that you mention it

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1021828593851281408?s=21

It’s this year’s version of Yaya’s birthday cake. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd say Barca would happily sell dembele for close to what they paid

Schurrle having a medical at Fulham tomorrow. Not the same player he was at Chelsea but another good move from Fulham, their squad is starting to shape up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Latest crazy rumour in Italy.

Juve selling Pjanic to City so they can buy back Pogba.

rob316 wrote: »

Chelsea were linked with him too and far more worryingly, Higuain. :o

Just on Chelsea, we've been linked with Rob Green. Will more than likely fill in as 2nd/3rd choice.

Hes free and homegrown so wont be a huge burden.

However, if and when Courtois joins Real Madrid, I'd prefer not to have to pick between Green or Caballero for the first game of the season so hopefully we sort our s**t out regarding getting in a new GK and if reports are to be believed and Conte gets the AC Milan, we can kiss any chance of getting Donnarumma goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea were linked with him too and far more worryingly, Higuain. :o

And far more worryingly? Do you realise how good Pjanic is? He would be almost instantly the best ball playing midfielder in the premiership. As for Higuain, I reckon he'd hit 20 league goals if he played enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jerome Boateng in talks with PSG.

No10 jersey and this fella
    d7124ae31317468e9900bd5637bd16579ce4ec1c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

rob316 wrote: »

Even crazier Italy rumour.

Bonucci + big bag of cash to Juve.
    Higuain + Benatia + Pjaca to Milan.

justshane wrote: »
    And far more worryingly? Do you realise how good Pjanic is? He would be almost instantly the best ball playing midfielder in the premiership. As for Higuain, I reckon he'd hit 20 league goals if he played enough.

I meant the worrying part was going after Higuain.

I wouldnt trust him to perform for my Sunday league team when the chips were down or in a huge game, ultimate big game bottler.

Clearly Pjanic is a star but Juventus wont be selling any big players now that they have Ronaldo trying to push them to a CL title.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1022116099641495552

Yet another PL side linked with Mina, his agent must be working 25 hours a day

https://twitter.com/atletienglish/status/1022056595914743808?s=19

Free transfer but expect this to not go down well in Lisbon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lemar and Gelson nice additions to Atletico's attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lemar and Gelson nice additions to Atletico's attack.

Excellent signings, give costa some more feeding, still got a great central midfield, defense and Oblak... 14/1 for the league would be an interesting punt.

hots wrote: »
    Excellent signings, give costa some more feeding, still got a great central midfield, defense and Oblak... 14/1 for the league would be an interesting punt.

They’re a much more well rounded team than Barcelona, I wouldn’t make Atletico favourites to win the league or anything like that, but 14s is a crazy price. There’s decent value in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Atletico will win La Liga.

Brillant signings to an already excellent squad. Costa settled back in & in great shape new diet etc.

Real lost Ronaldo & are inconsistent. Barca no Iniesta & Suarez past his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1022164597640454144

good signing from Brighton. 21 goals in midfield for AZ last season.

Some of the mid table clubs in the PL made some good signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

He sounds like a good signig, sure, but I'm always wary of signings from the Eredivisie and how they will adapt to the EPL.

Boro signed a guy who was scoring more goals than Suarez was for a smaller team and yet he struggled to make an impact. Depay flattered to deceive despite the enormous outlay. There are a few others that spring to mind as well. There are success stories too but I think the gap seems to be getting bigger.

Marca are reporting that Madrid want Cavani to replace Ronaldo.. could mean Bale is on the move, as it was tipped he would stay and move up top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Marca are reporting that Madrid want Cavani to replace Ronaldo.. could mean Bale is on the move, as it was tipped he would stay and move up top

Doesn't make too much sense putting him as a striker no? A quality forward surely has to be brought in to replace Ronaldo's goals.

Personally I think Asensio and Bale will be on the wings, both well able to alternate sides and a striker will be brought in. Mbappe the ideal guy but Cavani, Icardi or Lewandowski decent alternatives.

I can't see Bale leaving tbh, now is his big chance with a new manager in and the big man gone to Juve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement