Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Inter set to sign Vrsaljko from Atletico Madrid who will replace him with Arias from PSV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

yabadabado wrote: »
    Sky PLC don't own SkyBet.

Do tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Do tell

https://www.racingpost.com/news/sky-bet-snapped-up-by-stars-group-in-2-8bn-mega-deal/328453

Assume they use the sky name because everyone knows it.

Similar to Virgin in Ireland.

Upcs parent company bought Virgin but took their name as it's more recognisable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sky owed 20% of it before the Stars Group deal .Now it's just licencing of the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pepe now being linked with Wolves.

Can't be long before they also move for Coentrao, Quaresma and Éder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

pjohnson wrote: »
    Pepe now being linked with Wolves.

Can't be long before they also move for Coentrao, Quaresma and Éder

Bebe must be still knocking around somewhere.

Get rui costa in too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nzonzi looking Roma bound for €25 million, that's a very good price for him. He was linked strongly with Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

ERG89 wrote: »
    Inter set to sign Vrsaljko from Atletico Madrid who will replace him with Arias from PSV

I'd have taken Vrsaljko at United. Good bit of business by Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

As a United fan currently I am disappointed with the business so far. Fred seems a good acquisition, and Dalot could be anything but is highly rated (injured till September anyway)

Thought there would be more movement for the pretty obvious places that need improvement. Still, I am disappointed but not yet despondent. There is still time to get a couple in but even now they won't get a full pre season with their new teammates which is not ideal and only exasperated by the players missing due to the WC.

Seems to me that things have not gone to plan but maybe Jose looks at it differently to me, maybe he is happy to go with what he has. That would be a big call and his United future hinges on it, personally I wouldn't be staking my own future on Mata on the right wing, Valencia at RB and Young at LB.

A back up for Lukaku is surely still being sought or at least considered, to leave yourself an injury away from having no focal point or no genuine goalscorer is pretty poor planning. The players are there to step in if he does go down but it would involve a change of style/system which isn't really on the cards. Hopefully we see a couple more additions anyway, I think full backs who can get by their man and put in good delivery or at least draw defenders toward them as a legitimate threat(!)

I'd still be prioritising a right sided attacker and a left back, can deal with Valencia once he is not the sole creative force on the right wing.

Another week gone by and judging from the managers remarks after the game last night I am beginning to edge more out of the disappointed end and more toward the despondent end of the pool.

Time running out to salvage what is on the face of it a pretty poor window.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/RipartBaptiste/status/1023413453615235075?s=19

This guy was one of the first with Lemar to Athletico and that Griezeman was staying. He's now saying Vaqueze to Lyon is looking likely so that could mean an exit for Fekir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

70m? Lyon won't pay that for anyone.

11 days until the window closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

70m? Lyon won't pay that for anyone.

If they are getting €70 for Fekir they might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mitrovic's move to Fulham is finally back on. 20m deal agreed. Sky reporting that Newcastle looking at Salomon Rondon as the replacement - 16m release clause due to the relegation - but there was also rumours of a move for a Japanese striker during the week, wasn't there?

Suppose they could go for both. Newcastle have an awful selection of strikers so they could really use some quality up there.

Lejeune also ruled out for the season so Schar, Lascelles and Clark are the options there. Good news for Clark as it was looking unlikely that he'd see much time if they were all fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mitrovic's move to Fulham is finally back on. 20m deal agreed. Sky reporting that Newcastle looking at Salomon Rondon as the replacement - 16m release clause due to the relegation - but there was also rumours of a move for a Japanese striker during the week, wasn't there?

Thank. ****.

Apparently Pope has dislocated his shoulder. Guess Heaton gets to be Burnley #1/England 3rd choice this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hallelujah.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Rafa signed anyone or can we expect him to join Jose in a I'm not getting the players I want rant?

• Advertisement

Has Rafa signed anyone

Ki and Schar

Edit. Oh and Dúbravka permanent

Looks like Rondon could be going to St James' too

Only Burnley and Spurs have done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

astradave wrote: »
    That's a trio of decent signings they've made this summer; Serri, Schürrle and Mitrovic. With Sessegnon and Cairney, they should stand a decent chance of staying up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

blueser wrote: »
    That's a trio of decent signings they've made this summer; Serri, Schürrle and Mitrovic. With Sessegnon and Cairney, they should stand a decent chance of staying up.

Close to signing Mawson from Swansea as well apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Only Burnley and Spurs have done nothing.

Stadium costs beginning to bite at Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

greendom wrote: »
    Stadium costs beginning to bite at Spurs?

It's probably been biting for the past few seasons tbf considering how over budget they went. It won't affect them from an FFP perspective though.

I think a lot of their capital went towards new contracts for players like Kane and Son, some of which probably broke their pay structure. I'd expect a replacement for Dembele if he leaves, maybe not so much Toby, as they have a ready made one in Sanchez.

Close to signing Mawson from Swansea as well apparently.
    Just seen that on SSN. Mawson is a tidy player. Fulham have (on paper) recruited well this summer. The downside of that is that they'll be expected to stay up now. And it's a huge step up from playing in the Championship to playing in the PL. But good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Fulham keep hold of Sessegnon which looks likely at this stage and he has a good season I wouldn't like to guess how much he will cost next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Just seen that on SSN. Mawson is a tidy player. Fulham have (on paper) recruited well this summer. The downside of that is that they'll be expected to stay up now. And it's a huge step up from playing in the Championship to playing in the PL. But good luck to them.

think the style of football both Wolves and Fulham play will suit Premiership - both have recruited well - I'd expect mid-table for both

Fulhams squad is still extremely thin tbh. Need more than a good XI.

Fulhams squad is still extremely thin tbh. Need more than a good XI.

Pshhhawww. Poppycock.

Pter wrote: »
    Pshhhawww. Poppycock.

Dya fancy Djalo, Kamara and Cisse getting regular gametime :P

If Fulham keep hold of Sessegnon which looks likely at this stage and he has a good season I wouldn't like to guess how much he will cost next summer.
    Young and English? They could name their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's probably been biting for the past few seasons tbf considering how over budget they went. It won't affect them from an FFP perspective though.

I think a lot of their capital went towards new contracts for players like Kane and Son, some of which probably broke their pay structure. I'd expect a replacement for Dembele if he leaves, maybe not so much Toby, as they have a ready made one in Sanchez.

Also they haven't been able to sell naming rights to the stadium. They also planned to make money by making the new ground the home of American football in London. The sale of Wembley may put the kibosh on that. I wonder how season ticket sales are going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Also they haven't been able to sell naming rights to the stadium. They also planned to make money by making the new ground the home of American football in London. The sale of Wembley may put the kibosh on that. I wonder how season ticket sales are going?

The naming rights isn't a big deal. Juve couldn't do the same at first, it was the Juventus stadium for the first few months (or possibly year) until they got a sponsor for it in the Allianz Stadium (so soulless). Commercial deals can take a while to iron out, this could just be Spurs showing they are willing to wait for the right deal and not getting forced into a lowball offer.

AFAIK, the agreement for the stadium to be used for NFL games is already signed. It is a rotating crop of teams arranged by the NFL for 4(?) games per year.

Shad Khan possibly buying Wembley shouldn't affect them, as he wants to make it a base solely for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Plenty of other franchises will want to break the English/European market (although I don't know how long the fad will last).

On the season tickets, I don't really know. I presume they had WHL sold out, as it was at maximum capacity every week. I know they struggled to fill the reduced capacity Wembley every week, but I guess we won't really find out until the season starts.

Any breakdown of ticket/season ticket costs vs teams in another new stadium, i.e Arsenal?

Fulham finally sorting their transfer business.

Injury free they might be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Young and English? They could name their price.

Did he renew his contract,if not he will be going into the last year of his contract this time next year so he will be in control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Did he renew his contract,if not he will be going into the last year of his contract this time next year so he will be in control

June 2020 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

Capped at 42,000 and all sold. Only 30,000+ left on the waiting list if you fancy one. Cheapest £795, most expensive £1,995. Most expensive in Premiere league.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

So it will be less about the fee and more about the salary if he is still there next summer,if he doesnt move this window there is a good chance he will go in january as his price will be dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Perhaps Poch is happy with the size of his squad?.

Spurs over rely on Kane. They really need to sign some more quality players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Spurs over rely on Kane. They really need to sign some more quality players.

Thought they made a mistake last summer not making additions when they had momentum and thunk they will just compound it this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Inter in this window.

Nainggolan - 38 million (24 million + 2 players)
    Martinez - 25 million
    Politano - 25 million
    Asamoah - Free transfer
    De Vrij - Free transfer.
    Vrsaljko - Loan with option to buy (7+18 million)
    Vidal - loan with option to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Thought they made a mistake last summer not making additions when they had momentum and thunk they will just compound it this summer.

Seen these this morning

https://twitter.com/mikekeegan_dm/status/1024059576935768067?s=21

https://twitter.com/benpearcespurs/status/1024051465537564672?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Surprised with the lack of signings for Chelsea, Spurs and also United

I guess Spurs will be happy that none of their squad has not been sold off but I think it's silly that they haven't strengthen

Just over a week left in the window, it could all go crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Landyn Tasty Farmhouse

Surprised with the lack of signings for Chelsea, Spurs and also United

I guess Spurs will be happy that none of their squad has not been sold off but I think it's silly that they haven't strengthen

Just over a week left in the window, it could all go crazy!

Since Emiliano left Chelsea, the Russian woman who took over cannot seem to get a deal dome quickly ... she can get good deals though for players leaving Chelsea though see Oscar, costa, Ramirez

• Advertisement
Advertisement