Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hart to Burnley is a bizarre deal. Thats 5 senior keepers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

As posted earlier both Heaton and pope2are injured for a significant time

Hart will start. Lindegaard on the bench

As posted earlier both Heaton and pope2are injured for a significant time

Hart will start. Lindegaard on the bench

But he'll become a high earning back up when they recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pjohnson wrote: »
    But he'll become a high earning back up when they recover.

It's only a 2 year deal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The media love in for Hart will continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Heaton must be off at some point when he gets fit again, no way they can keep the three of them in the squad

Heaton must be off at some point when he gets fit again, no way they can keep the three of them in the squad

Unless they move on Lindegaard but hes happy enough as a 3rd. The other three will all want to be starters so summat has to give surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/marca/status/1026772943987240960

Kovacic going on loan to Chelsea from Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

And maybe Pope as well, if Hart does well, both would go for a good fee...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Heaton or Pope will either be sold now or in January. They were never going to be able to keep both of them happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hmm, a peace offering for Hazard and/or Courtois going other way?

Loftus Cheek must be off so. Didn't he say he wanted regular game time this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Burnley needed a keeper, Hart has the chance to nail down his spot from day 1 with the other 2 out.

They want European football & Hart is back on the map again. No brainier for him to go there especially seeing as I don’t think their was anyone else interested.

Sure wouldn’t he have been better off being No.3 at City on a higher wage than No.3 at Burnley.

He has 4-6weeks now to cement his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He'd be a decent option anyway.

If it happens I think RLC and Drinkwater would be out the door.

We currently have Kante, Jorginho (starters) and Cesc, RLC, Drinkwater, Barkley all playing for the one other role in the 3 man CM.

2 will have to go if Kovacic come in, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sweetener for Courtois to Real.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He'd be a decent option anyway.

If it happens I think RLC and Drinkwater would be out the door.

We currently have Kante, Jorginho (starters) and Cesc, RLC, Drinkwater, Barkley all playing for the one other role in the 3 man CM.

2 will have to go if Kovacic come in, IMO.

And Bakayoko too. 4 DM’s at a club with Sarri managing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

West Ham seem to be spending a hell of a lot this year, linked to Maxi Gomez now and they have apparently triggered his release clause

https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1026774002902224897?s=21

gstack166 wrote: »
    And Bakayoko too. 4 DM’s at a club with Sarri managing.

Easily forgotten about that lad. :pac:

The way I see it in order of likeliness to start and what we've seen in pre-season it will be,

CDM: Jorghino, Cesc, Drinkwater, Bakayoko

RCM: Kante, Cesc, Bakayoko, Drinkwater

LCM: Kovacic (igf signed), Barkley, RLC, Bakayoko

The LCM in this formation seems to be tasked with getting forward, currently Barkley or RLC would be the best fit for that role and its where I think Kovacic would fit in if hes signed.

RCM is more likely to be a box to box CM and Kante done that pretty well at Leicester but he'll clearly add tracking back and winning the ball to that role.

CM is tasked with getting the ball from the back line and linking it all together, after Jorginho, I think Cesc is the best option but his legs are gone.

I think RLC will want out as he wont see game time and Drinkwater is really surplus to requirements, I said it 12 months ago we wasted some 30-35m on bringing him in.

If we offloaded both of them for about 50m I think we'll have done well, especially in Drinwkaters case.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Sweetener for Courtois to Real.

Courtois holds pretty much all the cards in this situation.

Him not turning up to training though the last 2 days is a real kick in the teeth for the club so unless we sit on our hands and force him to see out 12months of his deal, hes going to end up at Madrid regardless of Kovacic going the other way.

Hes going to be a huge loss too.

I think if he leaves he still ends up at City myself.

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/1026785059288899584?s=21

• Advertisement

Him not turning up to training though the last 2 days is a real kick in the teeth for the club .

Did he not do the same to Athletico when he moved to Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He was on loan at Atletico from Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Giggsy11 wrote: »

He did act the maggot I believe to force through his move to Chelsea when they signed him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

No, that was at Genk.

Didnt turn up to an open training session and fans meet and greet to sign for Chelsea a few hours later.

And even then he didn’t want to go back to Chelsea. His family have been settled in Madrid since that loan spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Feel sorry for Mourinho they just can't compete

Dj_k5TTXsAA82-s.jpg:large

No, that was at Genk.

Didnt turn up to an open training session and fans meet and greet to sign for Chelsea a few hours later.

Sorry your right. Don't know why I thought it was Athletico :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vydra to join Burnley from Derby.

MD1990 wrote: »

If you were Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku etc you'd be seriously put out with Sanchez earning so much more than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Any source for these or just pulled out of your arse?

• Advertisement

Any source for these or just pulled out of your arse?

Glad Sanchez took 100K pay cut in 6 months. Funny how his image rights and every possible bonus is added for his wages, for others it isn't added. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Salah must be at home thinking "WTF" in Egyptian. Spurs really broke their pay scale to keep HK happy.

500k a week

I thought it was 750k a week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Dunno why anybody takes any notice of top earner lists, only the player, agent and clubs know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Tell you what, forgetting the rest. If you believe sanchez is on 500k a week I have a beautiful bunch of magic beans to sell you.

Also, who says we can't compete? Finished second last season, so did better than 36 teams of 38. Not bad competing surely. City were unreal last season.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

pjohnson wrote: »
    500k a week

I thought it was 750k a week tbh.

Funny how Salah was on 3.5 million euros net wages at Roma (which is around 120K pounds per weeK) but somehow he was on 90K at Liverpool when he signed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Tell you what, forgetting the rest. If you believe sanchez is on 500k a week I have a beautiful bunch of magic beans to sell you.

Also, who says we can't compete? Finished second last season, so did better than 36 teams of 38. Not bad competing surely. City were unreal last season.

2nd out of 38 teams isn't bad at all.

Sanchez looks value for wages so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Was it not revealed in some book last year that Sanchez was on half a million a week? I thought that was accurate.

Surprised not to see any Liverpool players on there. I would have though Salah, having just renewed, would certainly be on more than £200k/wk.

• Advertisement

Funny how Salah was on 3.5 million euros net wages at Roma (which is around 120K pounds per weeK) but somehow he was on 90K at Liverpool when he signed. :pac:

Thought he was on 50k a week in Italy?

90k when he signed for Liverpool.

New contract last month so he's probably close to 200k now I'd say

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Thought he was on 50k a week in Italy?

90k when he signed for Liverpool.

New contract last month so he's probably close to 200k now I'd say

He was on that much after tax, he was on 3.5 million euros per year after tax, reported by GDS (They report all the wages every year).

He was on 120K per week, no way he was on 90K when he joined Liverpool. So many people always miss the point, wages reported in Serie A is net wages and in PL its gross.

Vydra to join Burnley from Derby.

Jaysus I thought they were overstacked with Strikers already.

He was on that much after tax, he was on 3.5 million euros per year after tax, reported by GDS (They report all the wages every year).

He was on 120K per week, no way he was on 90K when he joined Liverpool. So many people always miss the point, wages reported in Serie A is net wages and in PL its gross.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mohamed-salah-signing-deal-contract-latest-complete-a7803796.html

90k here. Says he nearly doubled his wages too.

If it's 120k fair enough, but I had 90k in my head before I seen it discussed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't believe his wages are 500k myself either. But what I do think is that he is on around 300k a week base pay, and then between signing on fee being spread out over the course of the contract and other add-ons, he is taking home between 400k - 500k a week.

It's the same as that Max Meyer lad who signed for Palace on a free last week. some people were saying he was getting 170k a week, but that is including a massive signing on fee he got. his base wage is 80k, but the massive signing on fee being paid every week, is bringing the total up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-mohamed-salah-signing-deal-contract-latest-complete-a7803796.html

90k here. Says he nearly doubled his wages too.

If it's 120k fair enough, but I had 90k in my head before I seen it discussed here.

All net wages.

49S9J40.jpg

So no way he took pay cut to join Liverpool. It's just all PR stunts. For example, Sanchez wages include every possible bonus and his image rights according to leaks.

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Was it not revealed in some book last year that Sanchez was on half a million a week? I thought that was accurate.

Surprised not to see any Liverpool players on there. I would have though Salah, having just renewed, would certainly be on more than £200k/wk.

I think Salah, VVD and Firmino are on around 170-180. Liverpool also pay low enough base salary but high bonuses.

Wasn't Firmino on something like 90k a week before goal/assist/appearance bonuses last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/29/jose-mourinho-spending-power-means-will-hard-compete-man-city/

All net wages.

So no way he took pay cut to join Liverpool. It's just all PR stunts. For example, Sanchez wages include every possible bonus and his image rights according to leaks.

Seems unlikely he did. Liverppol pay huge bonuses though.

Iirc Firminio was on collosal money per goal last year once he went over a certain amount.

Iirc Firminio was on collosal money per goal last year once he went over a certain amount.

So the list doesn't make any sense as for few players all the bonuses are included, few are just basic wages.

So many different reports and numbers, funny how people pick up the numbers that suit their agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah there was one goal we scored where Firmino could have shot and scored himself but instead rolled it across the box to Mane/Salah to score, and if he had scored it himself, would have got something mad like an extra 60k.

EDIT: just googled and apparently it was £25,000 for each of his first five goals, £45,000 for his goals between six and 10, £65,000 from 11 to 15, and £85,000 from then on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement