Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MD1990 wrote: »

In the link you are using he doesn’t say they can’t compete, he says it will be difficult but “yes it’s possible”.. so the exact opposite of what you are saying

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So the list doesn't make any sense as for few players all the bonuses are included, few are just basic wages.

So many different reports and numbers, funny how people pick up the numbers that suit their agenda.

People always use different figures to suit their agendas for all debates. Unless there's only one source which in this case there isn't. There's multiples.

The salary stuff generally arises when a player is under performing for reported huge salaries, e.g. Sanchez. Whether he's 300/400/500/600k a week he probably hasn't performed to justify those wages? So far..

FitzShane wrote: »
    Yeah there was one goal we scored where Firmino could have shot and scored himself but instead rolled it across the box to Mane/Salah to score, and if he had scored it himself, would have got something mad like an extra 60k.

EDIT: just googled and apparently it was £25,000 for each of his first five goals, £45,000 for his goals between six and 10, £65,000 from 11 to 15, and £85,000 from then on.

Wow.He made a fortune last year so!

• Did Utd sign Sanchez this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Clicked wrong thread, anyone know where the Transfer Thread is? Not the Liverpool United Dick Swinging thread! I realise it was Liverpool fans starting it btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Lucas Perez going to West Ham according to the BBC

Clicked wrong thread, anyone know where the Transfer Thread is? Not the Liverpool United Dick Swinging thread! I realise it was Liverpool fans starting it btw.

Nothong out of hand from what I can see.

So, whats your transfer news then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lets try keep the thread to transfers and rumours ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/1026743474895441920

"Chelsea now have 32 players on loan or linked with another season away from the club."

There'll be a few more added to that by the time the window closes in Europe.

Musonda, Zouma, Kalas, Drinkwater, RLC, Ampadu, Bulka could all be loaned out for various reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Read a click bait article saying Butland lined up to replace Courtois, that must be soul destroying to Chelsea fans!

Edit should I say I read the headline I didn't actually take the bait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it may be a case of having to accept Butland as a stop gap, it's really frustrating when a player kicks off just as the season starts. It's how Liverpool ended up with Andy Carroll in the January "Sales". Same with Coutinho's bad back last year.

Read a click bait article saying Butland lined up to replace Courtois, that must be soul destroying to Chelsea fans!

Edit should I say I read the headline I didn't actually take the bait!
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think it may be a case of having to accept Butland as a stop gap, it's really frustrating when a player kicks off just as the season starts. It's how Liverpool ended up with Andy Carroll in the January "Sales". Same with Coutinho's bad back last year.

Theres not much we can do, we can call his bluff and keep him for 12 months and get nothing for him but I can imagine he wouldnt exactly have the best mentality to turn up every match day if he was forced to stay.

Best we can do is Butland at this stage, prior to him joining Stoke we were meant to be signing him but he chose to go to Stoke for game time, the media have built him up, hes English, always happens but prior to his injury issues he was a decent GK, not at Courtois level but a decent option.

The problem we have is Stoke know we're desperate and can easily name their price, no matter what we pay, losing Courtois for Butland is a big step down but looking at the alternatives, starting with Caballero for the year frightens me even more so.

Bulka, the young Polish lad we have looks like a good prospect, played well in pre-season but at 18, hes not ready yet, if we got him a good solid loan he could come back ready to step up at the end of the decade, maybe even sending Bulka to Stoke could sweeten the deal but theres not many U21 GKs starting in England so a foreign loan could well help him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pogba leaving would be nothing more than Mourinho deserves.

Sabotaging a number of their players and he’s clearly trying to get himself sacked for his £12m pay off.

What will happen is he’ll probably manage to drag it on until the end of the season when he’ll be let go but the damage will be done and Pogba, Martial and co will have been driven out, and United are back to square one.

I genuinely think United should have sacked him weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

But the entertainment value of Jose's breakdown at Man U for the season will be worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oh look, transfer gossip. ;)

https://twitter.com/Alfremartinezz/status/1026831759059632128

"Tomorrow Chelsea are going to the LFP to activate Kepa's €80m release clause".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Oh look, transfer gossip. ;)

https://twitter.com/Alfremartinezz/status/1026831759059632128

"Tomorrow Chelsea are going to the LFP to activate Kepa's €80m release clause".
    I think you're looking for the transfer thread mate. Not the fishing thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepa_Arrizabalaga

I had to Wiki Kepa the keeper as I wasn't sure if it was a wind up. Wiki has his current club as Chelsea No 1 :)

edit dammit it changed back to Athletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Kepa had a 17m pound release clause in January before he renewed after a deal to Real fell through.

But Chelsea starting to make some good moves. Although Kovacic is a good player he is turned into a more defensive player at Real so not sure he is what Chelsea need since they have Kante & Jorginho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seems ridiculous how unprepared Chelsea were for this Courtois move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres not much we can do, we can call his bluff and keep him for 12 months and get nothing for him but I can imagine he wouldnt exactly have the best mentality to turn up every match day if he was forced to stay.

Best we can do is Butland at this stage, prior to him joining Stoke we were meant to be signing him but he chose to go to Stoke for game time, the media have built him up, hes English, always happens but prior to his injury issues he was a decent GK, not at Courtois level but a decent option.

The problem we have is Stoke know we're desperate and can easily name their price, no matter what we pay, losing Courtois for Butland is a big step down but looking at the alternatives, starting with Caballero for the year frightens me even more so.

Bulka, the young Polish lad we have looks like a good prospect, played well in pre-season but at 18, hes not ready yet, if we got him a good solid loan he could come back ready to step up at the end of the decade, maybe even sending Bulka to Stoke could sweeten the deal but theres not many U21 GKs starting in England so a foreign loan could well help him out.

Probably should have signed hart as a short term measure and got soemone decent next year. Butlands not great and his fee is ridiculous. What about kaylor navas? Desperate situation for chelsea and not really their fault

71.6m for Kepa beating Alisson's recent record fee supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never heard of him. Not even worth commenting on fees anymore, it's like Monopoly money

rob316 wrote: »
    Never heard of him. Not even worth commenting on fees anymore, it's like Monopoly money

Kepa was the one Madrid were chasing as being the "New De Gea". Think he's Spains #2 behind DDG actually.

He could have and was expected to run down his contract but he actually extended it in December/January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's crackers esp for a side not even in the CL. Are they expecting to lose someone valuable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote: »
    71.6m for Kepa beating Alisson's recent record fee supposedly.

Did Oblak up his buyout clause?
    As Kepa ain't far off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

even little Bournemouth are spending big - 25 million on Columbian midfielder - Lerma

Are Spurs the only side left with no signings now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Why is keylar navas not even mentioned as an option anywhere ?

Get him thrown into the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

with the new stadium, they havnt sold anyone , not playing at Wembley I'd expect them to be top 3 - I'd expect them to sign Grealish too (and maybe Zaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

yep. all here https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

POKERKING wrote: »
    Probably should have signed hart as a short term measure and got soemone decent next year. Butlands not great and his fee is ridiculous. What about kaylor navas? Desperate situation for chelsea and not really their fault

Id rather have Caballero or Rob green than Joe Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

AC Milan supposedly in advanced talks to sign Bakayoko from Chelsea on loan and option to buy.

Vydra has joined Burnley. No more than Dwight Gayle or Cameron Jerome he seems far too good for Championship but struggles in Premier League. Will it be 3rd time luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Vydra has joined Burnley. No more than Dwight Gayle or Cameron Jerome he seems far too good for Championship but struggles in Premier League. Will it be 3rd time luck?

I think Dwight Gayle would do a job at most of the lower half Premier League games, almost scored with his first chance tonight for West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

AC Milan supposedly in advanced talks to sign Bakayoko from Chelsea on loan and option to buy.

Vintage Serie A that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

retalivity wrote: »
    Id rather have Caballero or Rob green than Joe Hart

No way! Neither of those have ever been at harts level! He has his faults hart, but in the right team there is a good keeper there. Burnley might be that team. I think hart as good if not better than heaton, pope or butland.

Chelsea are up **** creek my suggestion is just to buy them some time cheaply rather than spunking a fortune on a butland or kepa in panic mode. Its clearly a panic buy whoever they buy at this stage.

It might be a narrative but it was suggested that Napoli, under Sarri were looking to bring in Kepa last summer or January to replace Reina before Real got involved and he signed a massive extension and buy out clause.

I dont think hes worth 70 odd million but Bilbao have no reason to sell so if he was going to be bought, it was always going to be for mad money.

I'd have preferred if we activated Oblaks clause, which isnt all that much more than Kepas but theres no way Oblak would leave Atletico, who have done excellent business this summer and look like serious La Liga & UCL contenders, to leave and join Chelsea where we are at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It might be a narrative but it was suggested that Napoli, under Sarri were looking to bring in Kepa last summer or January to replace Reina before Real got involved and he signed a massive extension and buy out clause.

I dont think hes worth 70 odd million but Bilbao have no reason to sell so if he was going to be bought, it was always going to be for mad money.

I'd have preferred if we activated Oblaks clause, which isnt all that much more than Kepas but theres no way Oblak would leave Atletico, who have done excellent business this summer and look like serious La Liga & UCL contenders, to leave and join Chelsea where we are at this time.

Is Kepas not €80m and Oblaks not €100m?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is Kepas not €80m and Oblaks not €100m?

Ya, give or take.

Kepas is meant to be £72m and Oblaks £89m.

In the grand scheme of things, £17m for a better GK is nothing.

I said in the Chelsea thread that I dont think Kepa will be an instant success and his fee will always be used against him after every mistake and linked it to the time De Gea came to the PL and took a year or so to settle, hes going to need time to adjust and that fee wont allow it, not with the media and fans.

I think its mad money for a GK considering the quality of GK we're selling to Madrid for half of that but the Chelsea board really have to take the blame for that for leaving the situation get this far and effectively panic buy a GK for an insane fee, even if Sarri wants him, I dont think Kepa is worth that fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kalinic going to Atletico Madrid is the strangest transfer this summer, weirdly undeserved is the best way I could put it

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kalinic going to Atletico Madrid is the strangest transfer this summer, weirdly undeserved is the best way I could put it

Back up to Costa wont see much game time, Gameiro is leaving them aswell so they need someone on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

ERG89 wrote: »

Gone to Milan according to wiki ?

Always remember him trying his best for Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

When’s the English deadline - tomorrow at midnight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

5pm, I think

Gone to Milan according to wiki ?

Always remember him trying his best for Blackburn

Hes leaving Milan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    5pm, I think

Ya, its 5pm tomorrow.

A full day of Jim f**king White, although the PL deciding to close the window some 3 weeks earlier than the rest of Europe, might see some actual action for once.

Bilbao have confirmed that Kepa has paid the release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Bilbao have confirmed that Kepa has paid the release clause.

The official docs

https://twitter.com/athleticclub/status/1027135726226493440?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea have an option to buy in the Kovacic loan deal.

Advertisement