Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apparently Courtois AND Moses have had their images removed from Chelsea "wall".

Is Moses off?

Moses would be odd as he fills a HG spot for us... he's basically a 5th choice winger and a 3rd choice full back for us though this year so wouldn't begrudge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet but West Ham have signed Lucas Perez from arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MD1990 wrote: »
    Everton at it again.

Paying 30m for Mina after he scored some headers in the WC.

He was terrible at Barcelona.

Bought for 11m in January and after 5 appearances including where they got hockeyed by Levante, he is worth 30m. The continental clubs must love the english clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

astradave wrote: »
    He has a 25m€ release clause, everywhere reporting it now, not just Sky.. no indication that Godin will move though and he wants to sign a new contract with Atleti is the word in spain

I meant if he went to Utd he would be earning more money, it was in response to the poster that asked, why would he leave AM.

I dont think he will leave as its simply a step down from Atletico Madrid at the moment, same with Oblak and why Chelsea didnt bother going after him although that step down is a bit further in Oblaks case.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Everton at it again.

Paying 30m for Mina after he scored some headers in the WC.

He was terrible at Barcelona.

Deadline day and foreign clubs have the English over a barrel.

I think there was 16 or 17 clubs wanted the window closed before the season started and it severely reduced the time to get things done in a WC year, it was idiotic by the PL considering they cant sign players but can still sell/loan players up until the European windows close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arsenal to bid €100m for Dembele.

https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/1027539915058413568

Lacazette, Aubameyang & Dembele that would be some front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Their is nothing to that. That journo is a well known chancer.

Arsenal to bid €100m for Dembele.

https://twitter.com/Kike_Marin_/status/1027539915058413568

Lacazette, Aubameyang & Dembele that would be some front 3.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/1027549241600815104?s=21

image.gif?w=400&c=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Wolves have now signed Dendoncker on a loan with permanent transfer being done next summer. They're going to win the league lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

BBC tweeted this in all seriousness:

BreakingDONE DEAL

Wolves sign Dendoncker

A rare done deal! Wolves add 23-year-old Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht. He went to the World Cup and played against England B in the group stage...

It was England he played against, England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shocked at how inept United's transfer business has been. Woodward seems to be the kind of guy that if you gave him a million quid and sent him to Amsterdam for a weekend he'd return telling you the convent he visited was no fun. The scouting policy is woeful and has been left in the dust by Liverpool and City who have gone for far more logical targets, and largely got what they needed most. I mean, Godin? Who honestly thought that had a hope of happening. This season has the look of a slow-motion car crash.

Shocked at how inept United's transfer business has been. Woodward seems to be the kind of guy that if you gave him a million quid and sent him to Amsterdam for a weekend he'd return telling you the convent he visited was no fun. The scouting policy is woeful and has been left in the dust by Liverpool and City who have gone for far more logical targets, and largely got what they needed most. I mean, Godin? Who honestly thought that had a hope of happening. This season has the look of a slow-motion car crash.

Pool will be the happiest of the top 6 clubs with the summer window.

City were and still are so far ahead of everyone else that adding Mahrez was just adding more gloss.

Utd, well, ye fans seem pi**ed off for no bringing in anyone of note yet.

Spurs are largely in the same camp as Utd.

Chelsea and Arsenal have both made signings and have had good windows IMO but both have new managers so its impossible to tell where either will finish right now and if those players will settle or perform.

Going to be a very interesting season ahead.

Zouma off to Everton apparently, going to be confirmed soon

Utd have provided plenty of cash for signings since Mourinho came in. Maybe the owners don't think he'll be around too much longer and are reluctant to give him more cash.

Utd have a good squad. Maybe he needs to stop moaning and make good use of what he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pool will be the happiest of the top 6 clubs with the summer window.

City were and still are so far ahead of everyone else that adding Mahrez was just adding more gloss.

Utd, well, ye fans seem pi**ed off for no bringing in anyone of note yet.

Spurs are largely in the same camp as Utd.

Chelsea and Arsenal have both made signings and have had good windows IMO but both have new managers so its impossible to tell where either will finish right now and if those players will settle or perform.

Going to be a very interesting season ahead.

Who have Chelsea signed? I know Jorginho and Kepa but anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

BenK wrote: »

I think Kovacic has gone there on loan from Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kovacic.

Most importantly kept Hazard. I think not signing a striker will be a mistake though, but Sarri possibly has plans to try Hazard there similar to Mertens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Zouma to Everton on loan. United missing out again.

GBX wrote: »
    Zouma to Everton on loan. United missing out again.

Dont think they were ever seriously in for him.

Good loan for Zouma though.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I think Kovacic has gone there on loan from Madrid.

Yup, Sarri will be playing 433 so another good CM was needed.

The main 3 will probably be Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic.

Barkley was good in pre season, looks injury free and Sarri is a fan of Loftus Cheek. Other options arent really inspiring at all, Cesc is looking like an old man, Drinkwater was never quality and I'm sure Monaco sold us the wrong Bakayoko.

That being said, I'd expect Joringo, Kante Barkley to start this weekend, Kovacic only trained with the team today for the first time.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Kovacic.

Most importantly kept Hazard. I think not signing a striker will be a mistake though, but Sarri possibly has plans to try Hazard there similar to Mertens.

Ya, keeping Hazard and Kante were huge wins this summer.

2 badly needed CMs added and a GK with good potential.

Happy with the summer so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Are Everton actually signing this Yerry Mina then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Chelsea have done very well. Jorginho and Kovacic are great signings, even if the latter is for a year. Losing Courtois and replacing him with someone not named Butland or Pickford is great, even if it did cost them big. And holding onto Kante, Willian and Hazard is a bit of a masterstroke. I do think Morata will come good, he was pretty good when he first arrived. If he gets some composure and confidence and starts being more clinical he won't be too far away from Kane and Aguero on the charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Utd have provided plenty of cash for signings since Mourinho came in. Maybe the owners don't think he'll be around too much longer and are reluctant to give him more cash.

I think the problem at Utd is that the board & Glazers want to be buying players around 25/26 years of age with good resale value. Mourinho though wanted Alderveireld and Willian, both nearing 30 years of age. Lots of calls of back him or sack him from Utd fans so you can imagine their frustration at the board not addressing the weaknesses. It feels like they are in a kind of limbo where the board arent backing him but theyre not sacking him either.

All that said its still the same Utd squad that got 81 points and 2nd place last season, there is still a very good squad there. Just not one that can overhaul Pep but I dont think any team is going to do that this season unless City implode themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Morata & Hazard that looks a very strong 33 in a 433.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

BenK wrote:

Robert Green who isn't going to get a chance which is scandalous ;)

Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Morata & Hazard that looks a very strong 33 in a 433.

The biggest issue is none of the front three are very clinical and theres not many goals from those 3 in CM.

We'll need Morata to push 20 PL goals and Hazard to be in and around 15 PL goals if we want to push up the table into top 4.

Willian wont break 10 PL goals and the those 3 CMs have scored I think under 10 league goals between them last year.

Now, if the system gets bedded in and works, we should be, in theory at least, a more attacking and free flowing side but it will take weeks and months to work, its then up to the players to actually put away whatever chances fall their way but as I said, Morata is probably the most clinical and hes look devoid of confidence for the last 8 or 9 months.

I like Chelsea's business for the most part but I still think they look lightweight up front. Morata should have been moved on imo as his confidence looks gone. I watched him in the pre-season game with Arsenal and he had loads of chances put on a plate for him by Hudson-Odoi and couldn't take them. Batshauyi could be the answer if he can replicate his Dortmund form but I'd like to have seen them sign another striker and ease the pressure. I like Giroud but he ain't a goalscorer. Put a clinical striker in this Chelsea side and they could have a title challenge.

• Advertisement

Rob Green looks like that overweight washed up relation who had a good job during the boom, but has since turned to the bottle after going through a long custody battle.

Anyways Chelsea legend

chelsea070818t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

SSN must be hard up. It’s been non stop Man Utd all day and they haven’t bought or sold anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

eigrod wrote: »
    SSN must be hard up. It’s been non stop Man Utd all day and they haven’t bought or sold anybody.

Didn't think United would sign anybody else. Squads big enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Turned it on for two minutes,that was enough,will try again next deadline day

I like Chelsea's business for the most part but I still think they look lightweight up front. Morata should have been moved on imo as his confidence looks gone. I watched him in the pre-season game with Arsenal and he had loads of chances put on a plate for him by Hudson-Odoi and couldn't take them. Batshauyi could be the answer if he can replicate his Dortmund form but I'd like to have seen them sign another striker and ease the pressure. I like Giroud but he ain't a goalscorer. Put a clinical striker in this Chelsea side and they could have a title challenge.

If only Costa didnt want to go back to Madrid every 2mins, he'd be still terrorising the PL and picking up suspensions. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The biggest fish make the biggest waves, even when **** all is happening and as much has been confirmed by the manager.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, keeping Hazard and Kante were huge wins this summer.

2 badly needed CMs added and a GK with good potential.

Happy with the summer so far.

no chance of them still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everton love a late splurge at the deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Will Everton be playing 3-5-2? Signing 3 CBs on deadline day is fairly odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

JaMarcus wrote: »

Their CB options were pants, to be fair.

JaMarcus wrote: »

One of them was a Mina signing...

• Advertisement

Vietto on loan to Fulham. Wow, what happened to him? he was highly rated a couple seasons ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Turned it on for two minutes,that was enough,will try again next deadline day

They’ve just had 2 Man Utd fans in the studio too. It’s literally Man Utd TV. A bit of balance would be nice.

Just catching the last 20 mins of it on sky. Seen better acting in an epileptic whore house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

rob316 wrote: »
    Vietto on loan to Fulham. Wow, what happened to him? he was highly rated a couple seasons ago

fulham are at it today, rico & fosu-mensa, Zambo Anguissa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bernard is now a Toffee.

and

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/1027583248929644545
    Carlos Sanchez completes loan move to West Ham from Fiorentina

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Pity Bernard didn't head to Southampton. Easy headline for the journos.

dreams.metroeve_st.-bernard-dreams-meaning.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Andre Gomez could be a very good signing for Everton.

Very poor at Barcelona but was brillant at Valencia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Everton have done okay in the end, curious how they and Utd were both supposed destinations for a few defenders in the last week or so. A sign of the times I guess.

Spurs seem to be testing out some sort of new strategy or they are actually feeling the pinch of the stadium.

Just heard Huddersfield got Isaac Mbenza from Montpellier on loan with an option to buy. I like that signing. I remember him playing well against Monaco and Lyon last season. Interested to see how he and Diakhaby get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement