Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ADL is ****ing insane in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

His comments stem from the owner of Roma being a 10% stakeholder in FSG.

That’s well below the criteria for conflict of interest cases, but one would wonder would if two clubs bid the exact same amount, and one club was Liverpool, who would Roma prefer to sell to?

That’s well below the criteria for conflict of interest cases, but one would wonder would if two clubs bid the exact same amount, and one club was Liverpool, who would Roma prefer to sell to?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lukker- wrote: »

Can also argue that if the owner of Roma has a stake in Fsg he knows how much they've got and could push for more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I wonder where the comments stem from :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Liamalone wrote: »
    I wonder where the comments stem from :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why would it matter? Clearly any player that Liverpool wants would choose Liverpool over anyone but Barca/RM/Bayern right now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Say that again, I didn't catch it the first three times you posted it!

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Why would it matter? Clearly any player that Liverpool wants would choose Liverpool over anyone but Barca/RM/Bayern right now :)

Hahaha the heat did a number on you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1031554882103402501

"Loris Karius set to join Besiktas on a two-year loan with option to buy. Likely to be finalised after tonight’s game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I had hoped he would stick around and be the ultimate redemption story, but probably the right move for him and for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Of course nobody would want to play for Juventus, with Ronaldo, Dybala, Pjanic...

Juve if you're already a bit of a veteran. Not a club for up and commers though really.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1031554882103402501

"Loris Karius set to join Besiktas on a two-year loan with option to buy. Likely to be finalised after tonight’s game".

Good move for him, allows him to get his head sorted away from the limelight and probably get his career back on track

Juve if you're already a bit of a veteran. Not a club for up and commers though really.

Good move if you like winning trophies I guess

Like Dybala or Perin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

irishman86 wrote:
    Like Dybala or Perin

Maybe Can is a better comparison than Perin who's likely 2nd choice until Szezesny messes up & he will. Could see Dybala being rotated a lot with Mandzukic too. I see him offering better support to Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Betis doing everything they can to get Rafinha from Barca.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Maybe Can is a better comparison than Perin who's likely 2nd choice until Szezesny messes up & he will. Could see Dybala being rotated a lot with Mandzukic too. I see him offering better support to Ronaldo.

He still is a up and comer though, amazing goalie imo.
    Dybala wont be rotated with Mandzukic for me, douglas Costa more likely that guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Are Real Madrid going to sign anyone to replace Ronaldo? PSG looking like the superstar club right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

rob316 wrote: »
    Are Real Madrid going to sign anyone to replace Ronaldo? PSG looking like the superstar club right now.

Looks doubtful. Cant see them going without a trophy this year easily andatletico finishing above them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

astradave wrote: »

Normally its Chelsea thats pumping youngsters into the Vitesse system.

I think I remember reading that Zidane had an issue with him when he was the Castillia manager at Madrid, he was training with the senior squad but was being dropped into the Castilia for matches and Zidane never played him.

There might be a good player in there somewhere but the hype around him ever since the Madrid move has been pretty insane and he will never live up to that billing but at least hes a millionaire. :o

I keep forgetting the window is still open for almost everyone else.

Last week of the Spanish window might be interesting at least

https://twitter.com/realmadridplace/status/1032396497428467712?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Starting to look very worrying for Madrid fans.

It looks like they could very well end this summer without any big signing, other than a new goalie, which isn't going to help them retain the CL, or win La Liga.

Have they lost their appeal since ZZ left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also the closure of the English window put paid to them getting any players they might have wanted form the PL.

The closure of the window has been great for the PL. IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

In fairness they haven't signed a big name in a couple of years its just no one has noticed because they have continued to win the CL every year

The kind of clubs from which "galacticos" are bought are rich enough to resist their money. So they're relying on a player demanding to leave, maybe the supposed allure of Spain (or the big two) is on the wane.

And with Ronnie actually leaving, has probably added to this opinion.

In the very recent past, the likes of Salah, Hazard, MBappe etc would have jumped at any interest, but its looking like they are happy where they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

NIMAN wrote: »

In the very recent past, the likes of Salah, Hazard, MBappe etc would have jumped at any interest, but its looking like they are happy where they are.

I think if Real showed their hand and wanted to sign Hazard they would get him, or at the very least he would want to go if they did. Chelsea actually selling would be another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

NIMAN wrote: »

Hazard definitely wants to go there though. Maybe not to the level of going on strike, but he said it. Madrid just aren't going to pay £200m for him.

• Advertisement

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Hazard definitely wants to go there though. Maybe not to the level of going on strike, but he said it. Madrid just aren't going to pay £200m for him.

They'd be mad to.

Nixonbot wrote: »

200m probably buys his left leg :pac:

I reckon if we don't get top 4 he's off in the summer I hope we sign him to a deal before that when the time comes we get good money for him and were not bent over a barrel like we were with Tbo. Who went about his move in a less than desirable fashion TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

British papers are claiming PSG are after Eriksen for £100m. Allegedly Eriksen wants from Spurs wages close to what Kane is earning and the two parties have reached a stalemate in contract talks.

Don't expect to see this deal occur but him playing alongside Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani would be quite a sight.

British papers are claiming PSG are after Eriksen for £100m. Allegedly Eriksen wants from Spurs wages close to what Kane is earning and the two parties have reached a stalemate in contract talks.

Don't expect to see this deal occur but him playing alongside Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani would be quite a sight.

I can't see any English sides selling their best players this late in the window without the possibility of replacing them, even for mad money, it makes no sense as it looks like top 6 will be very close. Pool and City look nailed on for top 4, so it's 4 into 2 for the other positions.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I can't see any English sides selling their best players this late in the window without the possibility of replacing them, even for mad money, it makes no sense as it looks like top 6 will be very close. Pool and City look nailed on for top 4, so it's 4 into 2 for the other positions.

Hope you aren't counting Utd as one of those "4 into 2", cos they have no chance!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I kind of feel like any moves being talked about involving English clubs are just laying the groundwork for future bids. Just turning a players head enough to where they can spend the next few months thinking about potentially greener pastures. Eriksen, Pogba etc.

Reckon Eriksen's contract will get sorted though. He's too valuable to let slip away. For what he offers to the team, he deserves something close to whatever Kane is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »

I suppose the stadium mess may leave Spurs in a financial bind forcing them to raise some quick cash. Maybe that's what PSG are banking on?

greendom wrote: »
    I suppose the stadium mess may leave Spurs in a financial bind forcing them to raise some quick cash. Maybe that's what PSG are banking on?

Cant see it TBH, its not Spurs fault the stadium wasn't built on time.

I'm assuming theres contracts for the builders, that if they did go over the deadline day for the build, knowing there was a tight turn around, they would be footing the bill or face missing out on payments.

I dont think it will hurt Spurs too much in the pocket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Levy for sure will have provisions in any contract that would ensure Spurs don't foot any bills for the delays to the stadium. If there's one thing you can be sure of, it's Levy making money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes, sounds fair enough. One can dream !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Most big contracts have those provisions in them for builders running late etc.

Except if the reason for the building running on isn't the builders fault.

Not sure why it's run late though haven't read into it, any reason been given?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Most big contracts have those provisions in them for builders running late etc.

Except if the reason for the building running on isn't the builders fault.

Not sure why it's run late though haven't read into it, any reason been given?

Heard a rumor on a spurs Facebook page that the fire alarms were not working and loads of seats had to be lifted and rewired. There was also a giant water leak which led to flooding and more destroyed wiring panels etc

https://en.onefootball.com/white-hart-lane-progress-delayed-again-as-stadium-floods/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Don't see why they would have to lift seats to rewire generally services like this are in the ceiling void.

Flooding makes more sense but having to replace panels shouldn't case a big delay although water damage can be seriously bad so possibly many more services affected as well which could have thrown them off.

Have the league commented in if they will get fined having to play away from home longer, surly it only hurts spurs and not the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Goncalo Guedes heading back to Valencia for a fee of €40m rising to 50 including bonuses, following his successful loan spell there last season. Good deal for all concerned. He never really got the chance to show his stuff at PSG but he was ace in La Liga.

It's probably a planted story to provoke City into coughing up but maybe we'll have a decent finish to the transfer window :)

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/1034452769795698688

Not sure why RM would need to watch Sterling one more time - he runs with the ball into dangerous positions and then misses for England.

• Advertisement
Advertisement