Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Andone is a great get for them, very surprised by that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Neymar saying in Brazil that he wants to work with Guardiola..

https://twitter.com/dimarzio/status/1000420417989939201?s=21
    Intense workouts to get back in shape as soon as possible after the injury that has kept him in the pits in the last part of the season and the desire of a World Championship to live as a protagonist with the shirt of Brazil. Around Neymar, however, the future is always hot, with the Paris Saint-Germain footballer who revealed a background in an interview with ESPN Brazil: "I always hoped to work one day with Guardiola, it's a different coach. I arrived in Barcelona a year after his farewell. I really want to work with him ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Suso is pretty highly rated and Calhanoglu is handy but, otherwise, it's slim pickings. Maybe Musacchio or Romagnoli?

Not sure if they fully own Kessie, but he'd go at a good price. Bonucci would aswell I think

https://twitter.com/skykaveh/status/1000687757965094913?s=21

Fekir keeping his options open it seems

And this, I know he is on “loan” but they have an obligation to buy so would have to buy him and sell him on if they were going down that road

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/1000683296907554816?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If Bale is to move I hope it's anywhere but United. We really don't see attacking stars to their full effect under Jose at United so I'd be taking a wide berth if I were him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rekop dog wrote: »
    If Bale is to move I hope it's anywhere but United. We really don't see attacking stars to their full effect under Jose at United so I'd be taking a wide berth if I were him.

Are you a united fan?

I only ask because if you're not then surely you would want Bale to go there if he isn't going to join your own team as he will wither and die under Jose at united and therefore won't be much of a hindrance to whatever your team is?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Are you a united fan?

I only ask because if you're not then surely you would want Bale to go there if he isn't going to join your own team as he will wither and die under Jose at united and therefore won't be much of a hindrance to whatever your team is?

Nope I don't support any premier league side. Even if I did I wouldn't be so hateful to want to see him play out the last of his peak years under someone who plays needlessly fearful football. There's so many good attacking managers in the league(or other leagues) that would exploit his strengths more.

That's a weird fan mentality you have that I can never relate to.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Nope I don't support any premier league side. Even if I did I wouldn't be so hateful to want to see him play out the last of his peak years under someone who plays needlessly fearful football. There's so many good attacking managers in the league(or other leagues) that would exploit his strengths more.

That's a weird fan mentality you have that I can never relate to.

It's a weird fan mentality to have to want a top player to go somewhere they will not hinder my own team......

Ok then

I understand your initial position now alright if you don't have a horse in the race but that post has left more questions, no big deal though :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's a weird fan mentality to have to want a top player to go somewhere they will not hinder my own team......

Ok then

I understand your initial position now alright if you don't have a horse in the race but that post has left more questions, no big deal though :)

I dunno, I often find people get so caught up in supporting a side it stops being about the football and becomes something else.

For me my love of football will always take precedence over any side. I support Milan but can still take pleasure if their rivals do something special against them. If you detach yourself from the tribal aspect and just enjoy the game for the beautiful sport it very often is I think you'll find it a much more fulfilling experience.

I doubt it but thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1000875445024382977

"Liverpool - Lyon negotiations for Nabil Fékir to start at the beginning of the week, according to tomorrow's L'Équipe. Lyon won't consider anything below a base level fee of €60m.
    Nabil Fékir has not discussed any contract details with Liverpool, he will wait for Lyon to agree a fee with any club before discussing with them - tomorrow's L'Équipe."

So €60 million is the start point for the bidding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,278 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Stefan de Vrij Lazio to Inter. Arsenal close to 16m signing of Sokratis from Dortmund and a free transfers of Lichtsteiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Stefan de Vrij Lazio to Inter. Arsenal close to 16m signing of Sokratis from Dortmund and a free transfers of Lichtsteiner.

An excellent addition to Inter.I wonder will they cash in on Skriniar now ,plenty of clubs rumoured to be interested in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001165987322978305

Liverpool said to be interested in Fabinho now. I figured he was Atletico-bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fabinho is a brilliant signing for Liverpool if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Deal done now

Get in

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...abinho-monaco/

Jason Burt, chief football correspondent
    28 MAY 2018 • 8:08PM
    Liverpool have agreed a fee of up to €50million (£43.7millon) to buy midfielder Fabinho from Monaco.

The 24-year-old Brazilian is likely to replace Emre Can and play the ‘number six’ role in Jurgen Klopp’s team.

Fabinho has been wanted by a host of Europe’s leading clubs, and has previously been linked with moves by Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it is Liverpool who have agreed the deal having made an initial inquiry last year.

The fee will be €45million plus a further €5million maximum in add-ons for Fabinho who is set to become part of a re-built of Liverpool’s midfield which also includes the agreed signing of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001165987322978305

Liverpool said to be interested in Fabinho now. I figured he was Atletico-bound.

Now that's unexpected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fellaini new deal announced at Man Utd yet?

Good signing for Liverpool, a big upgarde for their midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fair play to Liverpool, good player, good price and done early. A keeper now and they're flying

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Fair play to Liverpool, good player, good price and done early. A keeper now and they're flying

Good to get some business done early but they need to sign several players ,the squad is lacking any real depth.

It's official.

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco/status/1001191450309259264

Excellent business by Liverpool. He will add a lot to their side and he's very good on free-kicks and pens too. Can also do a job at RB if required.

Jaysus thats unreal how they kept that under wraps

It's official.

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco/status/1001191450309259264

Excellent business by Liverpool. He will add a lot to their side and he's very good on free-kicks and pens too. Can also do a job at RB if required.

Did I read somewhere that he sees himself as a FB long term?He played as a cm all last season through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    Good to get some business done early but they need to sign several players ,the squad is lacking any real depth.

Kieta and Fabhino in already. Strong links to Fekir. Gone from a CM of Henderson, Milner, Gini to the the those is some jump in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fabinho transfer must be the quickest in history. Went from rumour to completed in about 90 minutes.

Did I read somewhere that he sees himself as a FB long term?He played as a cm all last season through.

I haven't heard that. He's been in midfield the past two seasons so I think he will stay there, but Klopp might ask him to do a job at FB the odd time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I haven't heard that. He's been in midfield the past two seasons so I think he will stay there, but Klopp might ask him to do a job at FB the odd time too.
    They'd hardly prioritise a RB over someone to play next to VVD? Clyne coming back and TAA makes it one of the best covered positions i'd say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm absolutely sickened that Liverpool managed to get Fabinho. Excellent player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fab can play RB and DM so that's two positions covered which as a rule Klopp likes to have in a player (Robertson is unusual in that regard - pure left back).

Coutinho 140m (105m cash)

VVD 75
    Keita 52
    Fabinho 40

net spend 30 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good addition, adds depth to the squad for them which is badly needed in that midfield. I'd imagine he will be replacing can but play more games, filling in at right back if needed.

Good addition, adds depth to the squad for them which is badly needed in that midfield. I'd imagine he will be replacing can but play more games, filling in at right back if needed.

I'd expect him to be one of the main men in midfield. An upgrade on what's currently available to Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Good signing.

Seems like Ligue 1 talents are all the range at the moment and another one has made headlines today: Mario Balotelli has scored on his international comeback for Italy against Saudi Arabia as they won 2-1; that's his first goal for his country in four years. He's been a big success story with Nice the last two seasons and looks to be available on a free transfer this summer. Well worth a punt since his attitude has improved a lot. Rumours seem to suggest he's going to return to Italy.

I'd expect him to be one of the main men in midfield. An upgrade on what's currently available to Klopp.

Yeah as I said, replacing Can in the squad but playing more :) I'd imagine he will be a fixture as long as he settles well.

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/1001219078382551046?s=21
    Manchester City close in on £75m Mahrez as Guardiola eyes early summer deals for champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

astradave wrote: »
    Jaysus thats unreal how they kept that under wraps

Honestly highlights how in bits the transfer rumour mill is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

astradave wrote: »

why would they even need him?? not to mind for £75M

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Positive vibes from Anfield. Fabinho & Keita is already a big upgrade and it's still early. Think Papa could be good business by Arsenal too, a dortmund spine with him, Mikh and Auba (none are easy to spell) could be seen at times.

Think this signals the Premiership clubs being active early too considering the World Cup and their transfer window closing before the season starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

i think it is the fact the window is closing earlier is a great thing. get everything wrapped up before the season begins

Though I do think we need new blood I am wary of too many new signings in one go, it rarely goes well.

I think 4 will be the most you see come to United this summer.

A left back is obviously a priority, along with a central midfielder. Then it will be 2 out of a right sided attacker, a right full back and a centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bein Sports.

€85 million deal close for Mahrez to City.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1001406013285785601

Liverpool in advanced talks to sign Fekir for £60 million.

Marcia:
    "Real Madrid prioritise signing a 'keeper and namecheck Allisson."

That Roma keeper has been linked to them for a good while now.

United apparently in talks to sign Diogo Dalot from Porto, can't say I know much about him but he is a right back I thought

United apparently in talks to sign Diogo Dalot from Porto, can't say I know much about him but he is a right back I thought

One for the future,he has only made a handful of first team appearances.
    Seems like Mourinho is content with Valencia for another season.

One for the future,he has only made a handful of first team appearances.
    Seems like Mourinho is content with Valencia for another season.

Not sure if it's contentment or a willingness to make do because other positions are more important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

With all the speculation the last few days about Bale being unhappy and likely to be heading to the EPL, I just can't fathom Madrid letting him go.

There is a dearth of talent in world football, and Bale on his day is one of the few players in the world who can win you a game, yet they are letting him leave?

Madness, especially as Ronaldo appears to be ageing quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Seems like Ligue 1 talents are all the range at the moment and another one has made headlines today: Mario Balotelli has scored on his international comeback for Italy against Saudi Arabia as they won 2-1; that's his first goal for his country in four years. He's been a big success story with Nice the last two seasons and looks to be available on a free transfer this summer. Well worth a punt since his attitude has improved a lot. Rumours seem to suggest he's going to return to Italy.
    It'd be a brave club that'd risk buying him. Can't see any top 6 club in England going for him, unless it was for peanuts.

Advertisement