Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blueser wrote: »
    It'd be a brave club that'd risk buying him. Can't see any top 6 club in England going for him, unless it was for peanuts.

He's available on a free transfer as his contract with Nice is up. I don't think it would be that brave a call now as he's matured a lot. I'd quite like to see how he'd do in Dortmund under Favre since he's the manager that has gotten the best out of him. I think he'd do well in the Bundesliga.

In other news Crystal Palace are being linked with Toulouse keeper Alban Lafont...

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001450804300124160

He's a very exciting prospect but I think he should stay a few more seasons in France. He's not the finished article and makes questionable decisions at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He's available on a free transfer as his contract with Nice is up. I don't think it would be that brave a call now as he's matured a lot. I'd quite like to see how he'd do in Dortmund under Favre since he's the manager that has gotten the best out of him. I think he'd do well in the Bundesliga.

In other news Crystal Palace are being linked with Toulouse keeper Alban Lafont...

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001450804300124160

He's a very exciting prospect but I think he should stay a few more seasons in France. He's not the finished article and makes questionable decisions at times.

Vicente is joining Palace in July so he'd just be on bench duty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United reportedly activate Dalot's €20m release clause. Porto' highly rated 19 year old right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As much as United need a player like Bale I'm not sure even United are stupid enough to spend over 100m plus make him the top earner. He'll be fit for 2 thirds of the season if they are lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bild.

Lewandowski is leaving Bayern. Boateng also available.

Marca.

Eriksen from Spurs is lined up as a replacement for Modric at Madrid.

Higuain is on the market. €55-€65 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bild.

Lewandowski is leaving Bayern. Boateng also available.

Marca.

Eriksen from Spurs is lined up as a replacement for Modric at Madrid.

Higuain is on the market. €55-€65 million.

How much is lewandowski I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Modric back to Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Modric back to Spurs?

Be a huge drop in wages I imagine. If Utd are interested which the internet seems to think they are, he'd surely end up there instead.

Lewandowski looked poor the little of seen of him this year but I've been proved wrong before, I genuinely didn't think Zlatan was all that great but he tore it up at Utd.

Liverpool haven't signed anyone since Monday, what's going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Why would Madrid sell Modric?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Be a huge drop in wages I imagine. If Utd are interested which the internet seems to think they are, he'd surely end up there instead.

Lewandowski looked poor the little of seen of him this year but I've been proved wrong before, I genuinely didn't think Zlatan was all that great but he tore it up at Utd.

Liverpool haven't signed anyone since Monday, what's going on?

He’s on 4.4m a year net. Bout 84k. Probably between 120-140k gross in the UK, Spain have a higher rate of tax so would be higher gross over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just assumed he'd be on more with RM / Barcelona being kind of like an end game for players. Notwithstanding crazy China/Arab money.
    It's odd that I've kind of accepted a player is being underpaid on 80+K net a week.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I just assumed he'd be on more with RM / Barcelona being kind of like an end game for players. Notwithstanding crazy China/Arab money.
    It's odd that I've kind of accepted a player is being underpaid on 80+K net a week.

Yeah his payslip was leaked recently enough. I think the overpaid/underpaid all comes from the reporting really, in England it’s always the Gross figure and more often than not they add on bonus and image rights etc. Like in the Rooney and Sanchez cases, their base figure is significantly lower than what is being reported. In the Sanchez case they added on bonus, image rights and devided his signing on fee by the length of his contract and added that on too. It’s all about the Clicks.

Whereas most other countries would just give the flat salary in Net figure.

https://twitter.com/UllalIBT/status/1001723588347604992

Wolves have activated the option to sign Willy Boly on a permanent deal.

https://twitter.com/RobDorsettSky/status/1001728079306416128.

Burnley and Bournemouth interested in Jay Rodriguez from WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

https://twitter.com/UllalIBT/status/1001723588347604992

Wolves have activated the option to sign Willy Boly on a permanent deal.

https://twitter.com/RobDorsettSky/status/1001728079306416128.

Burnley and Brighton interested in Jay Rodriguez from WBA.
    Afcb is bournemouth

Afcb is bournemouth

Autocorrect. Grrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

@Cantona's Collars: you're a great man for pumping out the links, fair play. Do you do much in the way of filtering / quality control or just throw out what looks vaguely plausible? I'm genuinely interested in how those of you who follow this stuff regularly / eagerly do it.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    @Cantona's Collars: you're a great man for pumping out the links, fair play. Do you do much in the way of filtering / quality control or just throw out what looks vaguely plausible? I'm genuinely interested in how those of you who follow this stuff regularly / eagerly do it.

Many are just rumours but I'd never bother with links from randomers or "itk" clowns.
    It's a way to get some discussion going and everyone likes a bit of transfer muppetry.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I can’t speak for CC but I’d say he like I use the redcafe transfer tweets thread, they only really allow credible links, they have a blacklist list etc they are great in fairness in that aspect, think Harry from the pool thread uses them too. They don’t just focus on United but Europe wide links

astradave wrote: »
    I can’t speak for CC but I’d say he like I use the redcafe transfer tweets thread, they only really allow credible links, they have a blacklist list etc they are great in fairness in that aspect, think Harry from the pool thread uses them too

It's a great resource even if you don't support United.

Well the fact there's some filtering there is good tbf.

I personally hate the rumour / gossip mill, though I thoroughly enjoy discussing transfers and their ramifications after they have occurred. I have a feeling we'll see a few more Fabinho like deals this summer: i.e. deals off the rumour radar that are basically announced cold.

• Advertisement

It's a great resource even if you don't support United.

Yep and the tab at the top means you don’t need to trawl thru the forum looking for it :D it’s handy. It’s open on a tab here all day for me :D

https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1001757222005862400

"Liverpool approach Barcelona for Cillesen and are told to refer to his €60 million release clause."

Liverpool are going to be fleeced when trying to get a goalkeeper as clubs know they are desperate.

€60m for Cillesen :pac: the worlds gone mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Buffon is meant to be off to PSG for 2 years.

€8million a year.

GavRedKing wrote: »

€8million a year.

I'm surprised Liverpool didn't go for him.

I'm surprised Liverpool didn't go for him.

150k a week for a 40 year old is hard to stomach.

For my final pay cheque, I'd probably prefer to live in Paris than on Merseyside too if I'm honest. :o

Pool will be looking long term for a GK too, Alisson or someone like that, you'd imagine.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1001780144749588480

"Lichtsteiner is so close to #Arsenal! He’s in advanced talks for 1-year contract".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Lichtsteiner is long past his best. Odd signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Buffon probably also thinks with the oil money backing PSG he has a better chance at winning the Champions League at PSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Buffon probably also thinks with the oil money backing PSG he has a better chance at winning the Champions League at PSG.

Buffon looked old in this seasons CL....he was slow to get to shots and looked like retirement beckoned.

This is another year when PSG don't win the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why would Madrid sell Modric?

I think the only reason is age, he'll be 32 soon.

I think they are planning for the future a bit....ok so he was basically MOTM in the CL Final (until Bale came on !!) and he likely has another year in him at the top level, but its probably a good idea to be sounding out a replacement now if MAdrid want to stay at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NIMAN wrote: »
    Buffon looked old in this seasons CL....he was slow to get to shots and looked like retirement beckoned.

This is another year when PSG don't win the CL.

It's probably the year Juve finally win it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lichtsteiner be back up to Bellerin and probably see very little game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Strange one to see Utd go for such an inexperienced rb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Liverpool would have to consider themselves serious contenders with the Fabinho, Fekir and Keira signings. Pressure on Klopp to deliver

Same applies to Mourinho in his third season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Liverpool would have to consider themselves serious contenders with the Fabinho, Fekir and Keira signings. Pressure on Klopp to deliver

Less pressure on Klopp to actually win it though. Both United and City have better squads, spent more, sold less (thier top players) and have more successful managers.

If Klopp and Liverpool win the league then serious questions need to be asked by United and City.

Edit: Liverpool need a new Keeper though.

I genuinely thought theyed hammer Madrid who were awful in Spain at the time but after 3 years of hoping Madrid wouldn't win the CL, I've given up on them ever being knocked out the jammy gits.
    It's probably the year Juve finally win it. :pac:

That would be unbelievably harsh on Gigi. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A huge gap to make up to City from last season. Still a few players short imo to have a proper go at winning the EPL.
    They have made 2 good signings so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

GavRedKing wrote: »

€8million a year.

Nice retirement package, nearly guaranteed 2 league titles and they will have a decent run in CL.

Haven't signed Fekir yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,975 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fabinho is a fantastic signing for Liverpool. He has a great engine and is a wonderful defensive midfielder. I know he can play right back but I think DM is his best position.
    Get the GK now and I think they are going to give City a serious run for their money.

I think City will win it again and be the first team to retain it in about a decade.

Their overall squad is better than the rest, Pool are making serious buys though and have the makings of a very good XI, bar the GK but thats surely going to change in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Officer999

Sky Sports News reporting Manchester United are interested in signing Marko Arnautovic according to their sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,278 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Officer999 wrote: »
    Sky Sports News reporting Manchester United are interested in signing Marko Arnautovic according to their sources
    Fairly bizarre one that.

Officer999 wrote: »

Are Sky Sports that far behind :pac: this was reported in the online media last week. Mental if they are only getting around to it now

Fairly bizarre one that.

It’s not really, we need a back up to Lukaku with the same type of style who will be happy to sit on the bench.

Not that I agree with his signing but we need someone in there and can’t be splashing out 50m on a back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1001757222005862400

"Liverpool approach Barcelona for Cillesen and are told to refer to his €60 million release clause."

Liverpool are going to be fleeced when trying to get a goalkeeper as clubs know they are desperate and rich
    ;)

Seriously though, that's an odd one. I don't watch Copa Del Rey so what's he like for Barca? That he is only their domestic cup stopper is a worry in itself.

;)

Seriously though, that's an odd one. I don't watch Copa Del Rey so what's he like for Barca? That he is only their domestic cup stopper is a worry in itself.

Haven’t seen him much for Barca, but he was previously linked to United under Van Gaal when Dave wanted out. I watched him a bit with Ajax, he’s a decent shot stopper but is a bit suspect. Personally, errors in the CL aside, I’d rate Karius higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,975 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Of all clubs who could splash that on a backup United is the one that could.

United could spend £500 million in the summer and still be in compliance with FFP guidelines because of there income.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Of all clubs who could splash that on a backup United is the one that could.

United could spend £500 million in the summer and still be in compliance with FFP guidelines because of there income.

They could but they won’t

• Advertisement
Advertisement