Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Thread Bonanza (World Cup watch included)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

yabadabado wrote: »
    Klopp will do the decent thing and stick with Karius.Only a few weeks ago he was seemingly very good.

No errors leading to goals in the 32 games before the CL final and two huge errors that night.

Whether he's there or not next season he needs to be taken out of the spotlight for a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah but Buffon was bought way back in 2001! £32.6m adjusted for inflation in 2017 is £51.3m!

That doesn't really compare either, because prices have grown out of proportion to currency inflation.

The scale of the signing is probably like £120m+ these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lukker- wrote: »
    Honestly, it might be Karius's wish to leave. Hard to come back from something like that after getting death threats etc. Keeping is such a confidence based thing, any self doubt creeps in and you are goosed.
    You maybe right ,forgot about the death threats and online abuse. Maybe he would be glad of a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah but Buffon was bought way back in 2001! £32.6m adjusted for inflation in 2017 is £51.3m!
    Gbear wrote: »
    That doesn't really compare either, because prices have grown out of proportion to currency inflation.

Both very valid points. 30-odd million back in 2001 was a serious wedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

A good barometer would be as a percentage of total revenue... Juvenut's revenue in 2001/2002 was around €175m according to their own documents. Last season it was €550m. That would be put Buffon's signing in the region of €102m, about 19% of annual revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mundo Deportivo:

Liverpool have contacted Barcelona about Cillesen and Dembele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wolves have spent 12.5m on Benik Afobe from Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Mundo Deportivo:

Liverpool have contacted Barcelona about Cillesen and Dembele.

I'd be surprised with both of these. Dembele would realistically be a squad player. (still probably play 25-30 games) but he wouldnt break the front 3 at the minute and for what Liverpool would have to pay. I'd assume Barca would want a fair chunk of their fee from last year back.

As for Cillesen. I dunno but a traffic cone would have been an improvement on last week

Iang87 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised with both of these. Dembele would realistically be a squad player. (still probably play 25-30 games) but he wouldnt break the front 3 at the minute and for what Liverpool would have to pay. I'd assume Barca would want a fair chunk of their fee from last year back.

As for Cillesen. I dunno but a traffic cone would have been an improvement on last week

Any links with Dembele have been saying it's a loan move.

Why would Barca sell Dembele?
    He is a serious talent and had an ok season after that bad injury.
    Wouldn't they want to recoup the fee which isn't likely to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

TitianGerm wrote: »

Even a two year loan with an option to buy doesn't make that much sense to me.

I guess we might be hesitant to commit to signing another big-name forward, or they might be hesitant to come, given that the front 3 are nailed on, but if you can say anything about Klopp, you can say he's not a short-termist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sure he is a RW anyways, will he be happy sitting on the bench backing up Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Makes a lot more sense now. Hadnt read anything about the links apart from here

Even a two year loan with an option to buy doesn't make that much sense to me.

I guess we might be hesitant to commit to signing another big-name forward, or they might be hesitant to come, given that the front 3 are nailed on, but if you can say anything about Klopp, you can say he's not a short-termist.

The only reason I can see Barcelona selling him is if they are now struggling to pay Dortmund and Liverpool from last summer.

I don't think they'd have any other reason at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He was being touted as one of the young rising stars, so is he not?

I know he was out most of season, but surely Barca could use a talented player?

NIMAN wrote: »
    He was being touted as one of the young rising stars, so is he not?

I know he was out most of season, but surely Barca could use a talented player?

Is the Grizman transfer still on? Maybe they need more money for that?

Is the Grizman transfer still on? Maybe they need more money for that?

He won’t think about his future until July he said so no idea anymore ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are Barca under FFP issues with the Dembele & Coutinho deals.

That they may need to sell to buy.

I dont think we'll see any big deals done until after the WC and then it will be a free for all.

• Advertisement

I dont know about Barca but I think PSG are under threat for cooking their books to the tune of 200m.

I'm sure I read that somewhere recently.

They sold Neymer for around the price they paid for both those 2.
    I can't see it being an issue.

Be mad to sell/loan Dembele imo,give him a full season injury free ,he hugely talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »

Isn't Salah dead?

Or you'd swear he was at least.

astradave wrote: »

Salah is off to Real ,Ramos twisted his arm.

They sold Neymer for around the price they paid for both those 2.
    I can't see it being an issue.

Be mad to sell/loan Dembele imo,give him a full season injury free ,he hugely talented.

I thought I read somewhere that the Neymar money wasn't enough to wipe out previous issues with FFP.

I guess we will find out over the summer.

If Barca werent paying insane wages to about 4 players, it might help their cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Barca werent paying insane wages to about 4 players, it might help their cause.

Messi...... Suarez is not as far as I know on the kind of money I assume is covered by the same interpretation of insane? Then again maybe he is I haven't checked :) Neymar gone, I'm struggling to find the 4 players you mean!

Iniesta gone, Sergio be on good money I'm sure but not crazy? Pique is on a fair wedge is he?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Salah is off to Real ,Ramos twisted his arm.

Booooooo, get off Boards, Dad!

Ya, those 4 combined must be on well over 1 million a week.

Messis new contract has been reported as €70m a year, even he does pay the 45% (he doesnt) thats still 600k a week.

I Think Suarez was reported to have close to 300k a week.

Pique and Busquets, I'm safely assuming at least 150k a week.

Thats just 4 players. :pac:

There was a story a few months back on how Barca pay Messi through the club a separate company and his charity all combined he is getting close to a million a week after tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Messi got a 100m signing on bonus & is on 70m a year.

Barcelona for sure will need to get rid of quite a few players. Gomez Alcacer wont get huge fee's. If they want Griezmann they will need to sell Dembele.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, those 4 combined must be on well over 1 million a week.

Messis new contract has been reported as €70m a year, even he does pay the 45% (he doesnt) thats still 600k a week.

I Think Suarez was reported to have close to 300k a week.

Pique and Busquets, I'm safely assuming at least 150k a week.

Thats just 4 players. :pac:

Messi money is just unbelievable like, the rest seem reasonable in comparison :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

West Ham are in for Pastore. Not pasta, Javier Pastore

West Ham are in for Pastore. Not pasta, Javier Pastore

Believe it when it see it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind Messi or Neymar either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

There was a story a few months back on how Barca pay Messi through the club a separate company and his charity all combined he is getting close to a million a week after tax.
    After what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ben Hamer swaps a spot in the stands at Leicester to a spot on Huddersfield's bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I would'nt have thought so in terms of FFP, they got 200m for Neymar.
    However their wage bill is fairly big which is probably their main issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Why are we all talking about FPP like it's a thing? PSG were already done and got a fine they probably paid for with change they dug out of their sofa? If they go done again are there serious sanctions or do they just pay off UEFA again?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Following Rui Patrico doing so yesterday, William Carvalho has rescinded his contract with Sporting.

Podence has as well, and there's chat that Gelson Martins will be soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maddest unveil video ever.

https://twitter.com/RealBetis/status/1002486161699319810

Betis announced Takashi Inui from Eibar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Maddest unveil video ever.

https://twitter.com/RealBetis/status/1002486161699319810

Betis announced Takashi Inui from Eibar.

A good bit of business. Add to that Canales and whatever transfers that are coming afterwards. Although Fabián Ruiz is probably going like I posted a few pages back. Atletico Madrid have now entered the race to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Wow didn't see that one coming.

Fair play to Leeds that some get more mad times ahead for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Why are we all talking about FPP like it's a thing? PSG were already done and got a fine they probably paid for with change they dug out of their sofa? If they go done again are there serious sanctions or do they just pay off UEFA again?

UEFA sanctioned an independent review of PSG's "sponsonship" over the last few months, long story short they were found to be making a lot of it up so now UEFA are threatening expulsion from the champs league next year if they don't sort it out, it was said they would'nt be able to buy Mbappe because of this, the coming weeks will tell a lot of how serious UEFA actually are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

UEFA sanctioned an independent review of PSG's "sponsonship" over the last few months, long story short they were found to be making a lot of it up so now UEFA are threatening expulsion from the champs league next year if they don't sort it out, it was said they would'nt be able to buy Mbappe because of this, the coming weeks will tell a lot of how serious UEFA actually are.

Real or City so.Thats if FPP will do anything.

Real or City so.Thats if FPP will do anything.

Could UFEA look into some of City's sponsorship deals I wonder? They signed some huge deals previously when the club had only gotten it's "new" money and they may have been vastly over inflated as there were links between the City owners and the sponsorship partners.

Edit: maybe it's not clear what I'm saying.

United are worth 2bn and City are worth 900m. Therefore it's logical that sponsors would pay more to be involved with United than City.

Do the actual deals match this? Or are City's deal with associated companies pay more in sponsorship than they "need" to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Could UFEA look into some of City's sponsorship deals I wonder? They signed some huge deals previously when the club had only gotten it's "new" money and they may have been vastly over inflated as there were links between the City owners and the sponsorship partners.

Edit: maybe it's not clear what I'm saying.

United are worth 2bn and City are worth 900m. Therefore it's logical that sponsors would pay more to be involved with United than City.

Do the actual deals match this? Or are City's deal with associated companies pay more in sponsorship than they "need" to?

They were allready fined ,so suppose they could be looked into again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

this is the one that always struck me as odd but it's 8 years ago now. Be interesting to see what the figure is when it renews in a couple of years

Massively inflated price but nothing odd about it when you see the company involved.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

this is the one that always struck me as odd but it's 8 years ago now. Be interesting to see what the figure is when it renews in a couple of years

That was two years after the takeover and they paid 200m for the club so it's a bit mad that a sponsorship deal worth double the club could be a true value :confused:

Advertisement