Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2018

Options
  • 06-05-2018 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

FYI this starts tomorrow. Guest chefs this year include
    Gordon Ramsay and Nigella Lawson

The tagline for the season is "A Season of Surprises".

Based on the last few years, it will be on in the UK in September/October.

Can't find a trailer on YouTube.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Mr E wrote: »
    FYI this starts tomorrow. Guest chefs this year include
    Gordon Ramsay and Nigella Lawson

The tagline for the season is "A Season of Surprises".

Based on the last few years, it will be on in the UK in September/October.

Can't find a trailer on YouTube.

So i assume it wont be on sky until sept/october so ?
    Any way to watch it over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E you always brighten my day with your good tv news :)

The best one is back tonight and celebrating 10 years. After the last couple of years though I can't see myself investing as much interest in it. I honestly think they should have got rid of George by now.

Dovies wrote: »
    Mr E you always brighten my day with your good tv news :)

Damn beat me to it as I was typing lol , delete my thread or merge please

Royalty involved this year too I believe.

EDIT: You were right about youtube trailers and haven't come across anything that didn't need a vpn to get to this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of videos on their Facebook page if you have an account.

https://www.facebook.com/MasterChefAU/

I don't follow them on Facebook because of spoilers after the season starts, but you can still look at the page without liking/following.

Safe to look at now, though. :)

Nice feel good start to the show. I don't really enjoy the auditions. Looking forward to when it starts properly with the top 24.

Diversity is the word here this year I think, huge range of cooking from around the world shown off today.

Wow some serious talent on that first episode!

Yeah definitely. Like Enfilade said, a really globally diverse group too.

• Advertisement

Right one through there in the end just unlucky the first dish didn't meet the brief I think.

Have higher hopes for this series now. I think they've at least set it up for the potential not to go down the route of people cooking variations of old reliables.

Shannon's face when he saw the tart was comical - he just couldn't hide it!

Brett is putting some rubbish together and the judges tell him to decide what to do and stick to it and then he checks the fridge and suddenly theres a whole fresh salmon in it the he either didn't see earlier or didn't think it was a good idea to make something out of :rolleyes:

One full week down and it's good old Aussie Masterchef. Enjoying it so far, but I'll admit to fast forwarding through some of the episodes (team and team elimination).

The standard is very good this year.

Looking forward to Nigella week.

Looking forward to Nigella week.
    Hubbie looking forward to that a bit more than me :)

Were they quick to start eliminating people this year? Seemed to be straight into it 4 gone already and can't be argued they didn't deserve to I think.

Hard to tell who's good as they haven't shown everyone equally given the numbers it's been mostly top and bottom few focused on. Still Brendan and Chloe are my early favourites at the minute.

Loki is a bit of a loon, there's always time for a fella who likes to talk 3rd person of himself :D

Ah no, I think it's normal. I expect there will be 60-ish episodes this season as usual.

Nigella is great, but I thought her mask slipped a few times during Sunday's episode (when she didn't know the camera was on her).
    She looked a bit bored or irritated or something?

Ah no, I think it's normal. I expect there will be 60-ish episodes this season as usual.

Nigella is great, but I thought her mask slipped a few times during Sunday's episode (when she didn't know the camera was on her).
    She looked a bit bored or irritated or something?

I think mentioned last year we did season 8 as aired then did 6 and 7 before 9. You see things crop up you wouldn't maybe notice if you watched year to year like George's tics and how bad he is at relying on his ear feed, this year isn't too bad bad but I've definitely parked some of my brain for it :D

I did spot Nigella's tells like you did Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really dont think loki deserved the win let alone a 10/10 from gary, he is a one trick pony who does that trick very well but very obviously has no idea how to plate a single plate of food as every meal he cooks is always presented and seperated in 3 or more different bowls

I assume the general public who go to the team challenges etc have to apply somewhere with their dietary requirements etc? At the latest team challenge I would have starved lol!

• Advertisement

Ah I liked that Loki won that challenge. His reaction was fantastic. :)

Alanna Sapwell was lovely too. For all the awards and commendations she has, she was very down to earth and humble in her loss.

I want a bowl of that trifle and a massive spoon please. :)

I want a bowl of that trifle and a massive spoon please. :)
    Ooh no thanks. It's got cardamom and rose in it!! See told you I would starve :)

I'm kind of burnt out on Gordon Ramsay (after watching Hells Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, US Masterchef etc. for years) so I'm not enjoying this as much as Nigella week.

He's very confrontational, which doesn't suit the MC AU vibe at all.

I think tomorrow's service challenge might be a shock to the system for some contestants. :)

(I haven't watched yesterday's elimination yet, so no spoilers) :)

I'm on the fence re Gordon. I do like him in some stuff - hate USA Masterchef - far too much fighting and bitching on it to enjoy it. He seems to be quite encouraging to these guys so far but there has been a bit of bleeping going on! Will be interesting to see the next challenge.

I'm the same but he was great in the cook against the pro's today. Loved his excitement at the end, from the looks of he didn't know the scores so was crossing his fingers as they were getting called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I really enjoyed Gordon, he showed genuine excited enthusiasm during thr immunity cook and was having a lot of fun. He wasnt just getting angry during the service challenge he was properly trying to help.

Also Loki bombing out while holding an immunity pin is hilarious and he deserved to go tbh as he was the one who started the issues in the service challenge for his team leaving them in the pressure test

VinLieger wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Gordon, he showed genuine excited enthusiasm during thr immunity cook and was having a lot of fun. He wasnt just getting angry during the service challenge he was properly trying to help.

Also Loki bombing out while holding an immunity pin is hilarious and he deserved to go tbh as he was the one who started the issues in the service challenge for his team leaving them in the pressure test

Chloe got really lucky there I thought in the pressure test. Jo and the Italian lady also contributed to them being there in the first place. Faffing about with pasta and filling while hlep was needed elsewhere though editing might have made that worse than it appeared.

Down to 13 now. All quiet on here :)

• Advertisement

Still watching. Love Maggie Beer and glad Jess survived. :)

I definitely think two of the weaker cooks went home this week, so onward and upwards.

Advertisement