Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how the process of getting a non eea spouse visa to stay in Ireland?

Options
  • 07-05-2018 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My gf is from Peru and she's applied for a 3 month short stay visa. We plan to get married. Unfortunately it seems like the application time for a long stay visa takes up to 6 months to process. This means she will have to go back to Peru for a few months. I was hoping she wouldn't have to go back at all. Does anyone know anything about this process? Does it really take 6 months? Can she apply for another short term visa while being in Ireland?

She will have to give up her job in Peru to come here for 3 months so her going back to peru for about 5 months would not be ideal at all.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Can't actually tell you about long-stay visas in Ireland, but as a last resort, you could move to Northern Ireland, where your wife is automatically allowed to join you under EU rules. After a while (not sure about the exact length), you can exercise the same right, when moving back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Fionn00 wrote: »
    My gf is from Peru and she's applied for a 3 month short stay visa. We plan to get married. Unfortunately it seems like the application time for a long stay visa takes up to 6 months to process. This means she will have to go back to Peru for a few months. I was hoping she wouldn't have to go back at all. Does anyone know anything about this process? Does it really take 6 months? Can she apply for another short term visa while being in Ireland?

She will have to give up her job in Peru to come here for 3 months so her going back to peru for about 5 months would not be ideal at all.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

She can only stay for 90 days then she has to go home and apply for a marriage visa

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Marriage%20Civil%20partnership%20Visa

Or forget about the C visa and go ahead with your marriage plans.

Advertisement