Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ed Sheeran Concert with baby?

• 07-05-2018 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Due to take oldest child to Ed Sheeran concert in Dublin and won't be able to get a baby sitter for 9 month old so may have to bring baby. Have any of you attended a concert with a young baby?

Seated tickets and will use ear protectors of course. Obviously it is not ideal but trying to look at all options before I make decision on whether to sell ticket or bring baby and was wondering if other people have done anything similar as I feel a little nervous about crowds.

Wondering if Ed Sheeran concert would be ''tame'' enough to bring baby to?

(Would use a sling and breastfeed)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Too dodgy. You never know what will happen in a crowd. Could go off plain sailing or could be trouble/issues. Many years ago I brought my daughter to a girls aloud concert, she was 9 I think and most were young kids with their parents, but there was ass*holes drinking and carrying on pushing each other and stuff and it was pretty rough at times.

Not worth taking a young child in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Someone asked this in a Facebook group I’m in and the overwhelming response was no, not a good idea from anyone who had been to the Cork shows. Everyone said it was very loud and manic so not safe. Also, a few people said they contacted the organisers to see if they’d be allowed in and were told no babies allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If you do go, make sure you bring some high grade ear defenders, the ones that block almost all sound. Young ears are so sensitive, so maybe bring some for the baby too.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    Hi all. Due to take oldest child to Ed Sheeran concert in Dublin and won't be able to get a baby sitter for 9 month old so may have to bring baby. Have any of you attended a concert with a young baby?

Seated tickets and will use ear protectors of course. Obviously it is not ideal but trying to look at all options before I make decision on whether to sell ticket or bring baby and was wondering if other people have done anything similar as I feel a little nervous about crowds.

Aside from the headphones/sling etc do you have a ticket for the baby? Even if the baby is on your lap/in a sling for the duration, most venues would require a separate ticket for the baby under health & safety requirements.

I personally wouldn't bring a child that small to an outdoor evening event. Apart from the obvious - noise and crowds you'll have drunk people wandering around and then there's trying to get to/from the concert area with a baby in a sling. Bear in mind they'll be in the sling for 4/5 hours which will be uncomfortable for baby and you..

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

They are all very valid points. I think its more the crowds and getting to and from the venue that is making me nervous. That is a good point about people drinking, I never really factored that in as it would be far more tame than concerts I usually go to :D

I have seen some people have brought their babies to his concerts but it makes me feel nervous having baby in such a crowded space :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Music wise maybe it’s tamer but judging by the hordes of people around cork in the pubs starting at 3pm before the concert I don’t think the crowd will be tame. Now maybe you’d get lucky depending on where your tickets are but people did say there was a lot of pushing and shoving on the way out in particular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some venues dont allow small children. Give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Sile Na Gig

I brought my first to a few concerts in a sling but they weren’t big stadium affairs. I brought him (now 11) to see Ed Sheeran recently. Being seated would be fine crowd wise but leaving the venue was very squashy, and it took ages. It would definitely be stressful with a child in a sling and trying to keep ahold of another child. Also toilets can be terrible at these things, you’d want to make sure that you had a place to change nappies.

There was no public drunkenness when we went, there were a lot of kids and families. But it was a Monday night gig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Sheepdish1 wrote: »

I’d imagine you’d need a ticket even for a baby. It’s to do with health and safety and proper counts on the number of people present in case of emergencies etc I think.
    In Croke Park on a match day you need a ticket even for a newborn (don’t think you’ve to pay or maybe a small fee but not full ticket price), I’d imagine the Phoenix Park and other venues probably work to the same rules.

Advertisement