Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMOK Infinix Pod System $18 plus Nic Salts

• 07-05-2018 7:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    SMOK Infinix is available soon on Fasttech for $18.
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10020217/9632675-authentic-smoktech-smok-infinix-250mah-starter
    I wanted to get into pod vaping (give it a go) for a while now but all the other systems are a bit expensive for testing something out. This maybe the ticket.
    Only issue is it doesn't come with liquid so really would need to buy Nic Salts from somewhere.
    Anyone got any recommendations on where to buy Nic Salts liquids?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks interesting alright. Are you sure you have to use nic salt liquid? I was under impression normal liquid will work just fine too. Anyway I've heard good things about Dr. Salt but haven't had a chance to try them yet, pricey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Pod systems and nic salts seem like going back in time to me. They're no better than the crappy old kits we started with 5yrs back. They seem much more a trend than anything else. But hey, if they convert some smokers, all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

greyhaze have a decent selection of nic salts stuff. It's a sub menu under pod systems.
    Pod systems and nic salts seem like going back in time to me. They're no better than the crappy old kits we started with 5yrs back. They seem much more a trend than anything else. But hey, if they convert some smokers, all good.

Nic salts allow for the use of higher nic levels without the harsh hit. I use it in certain devices and tanks, doesn't have to be a pod system, although I have a few Bo systems. Good to get a couple of draws to do the job running between meetings or in the car.

I can pretend to be Thomas the tank engine with 0/3/6 mg with other kit when I want too.

Pod systems are a natural progression of technology, trying to get people into their eco system. It's not a whole pile different than sub ohm tanks or what have you with proprietary coils.

A lot of the pod systems go for a simple elegant smart design, bringing in a new market. Not everyone wants a mod with RGB lighting or go faster stripes, especially in a business environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

moleyv wrote: »
    greyhaze have a decent selection of nic salts stuff. It's a sub menu under pod systems.

Nic salts allow for the use of higher nic levels without the harsh hit. I use it in certain devices and tanks, doesn't have to be a pod system, although I have a few Bo systems. Good to get a couple of draws to do the job running between meetings or in the car.

I can pretend to be Thomas the tank engine with 0/3/6 mg with other kit when I want too.

Pod systems are a natural progression of technology, trying to get people into their eco system. It's not a whole pile different than sub ohm tanks or what have you with proprietary coils.

A lot of the pod systems go for a simple elegant smart design, bringing in a new market. Not everyone wants a mod with RGB lighting or go faster stripes, especially in a business environment.

I was vaping 36mg 5yrs ago, of course the average coil at the time was 1.5 - 2.4 ohm, and it was easier to get high strength nic. But there's naff all difference between these pod systems and what we had back then bar the designs. I see them as a bit of a hipster thing, I mean, if they're supposed to be stealthier or discreet, then why make them multi-coloured with jazzy designs?

Again, if they help someone quit, all good, but let's not pretend they are some kind of revoloution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I was vaping 36mg 5yrs ago, of course the average coil at the time was 1.5 - 2.4 ohm, and it was easier to get high strength nic. But there's naff all difference between these pod systems and what we had back then bar the designs. I see them as a bit of a hipster thing, I mean, if they're supposed to be stealthier or discreet, then why make them multi-coloured with jazzy designs?

Again, if they help someone quit, all good, but let's not pretend they are some kind of revoloution.

Salt nic is a lot different to freebase nic though. There's little throat hit off it but a quick rush of nicotine. I can't vape anything more than 6mg with freebase (usually subohm 3mg) but I can use 50-60mg salt nic in a pod system without a bother.

I use a suorin air as an occasional device (handy for discrete vaping in the jacks in work!), but the actual pod systems themselves are far from revolutionary and it's no more different than a bog standard AIO, just a handy form factor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement