Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex husband and child registration

• 07-05-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

this is a long post so apologies in advance. Please move if in wrong sectio catagory
    Some back ground
    Separated from husband 4 &1/2 years ago. drew up separation agreement 4 yrs ago he has not signed no problems with actual agreement, reckons couldn't pay solicitor as had ran up a bill with her for other issues..so he reckons no point paying and signing as have to do same for divorce anyways. So the 4 years has passed and I started divorce proceedings but looks like he stalling there too excuse this time been has to wait until he got his tax back in April to pay outstanding bill before his solicitor will proceed... but now my problem. Is I have since meet new partner and we have just had a baby.. I filled In the birth registration form in hospital with both mine and new partners details only to receive a letter from registration office saying i must get ex to declare he is not the father as no legal separation or divorce in place yet ... to say we are both fuming is understatement... so my option is get form sent to ex to sign or get court order with partners details. As I know ex won't co operate and wil drag out in spite I need to know how we go about getting court order I have tried looking online but having no luck. So if someone has done this could you tell me do u just go to court house and is there a particular form we need and what would costs be and how long a process ?? Sorry such long post and thanks in advance for any help ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Can't help with forms etc however this happened to a cousin of mine and had to get her ex husband to declare he wasn't the father also. He tried to drag his feet out of pure spite until she threatened to take him to court for maintenance for the baby! He was soon quick to sign the form.

Advertisement